SRB2infinity - A Phantasy Star knockoff!

SRB2infinity - A Phantasy Star knockoff! 1.10.3

Lat' updated SRB2infinity - A Phantasy Star knockoff! with a new update entry:

Patch 1.4

Now that the game isn't breaking in huge chunks anymore I can slow down on patches and actually have a bigger list of changes and fixes instead of running around fixing game breaking bugs every 2 hours!

CHANGES:
  • Players now revive automatically after clearing a quest.
  • Players can no longer take any damage whatsoever after clearing a quest.
  • Boss 2's base HP was reduced from 4500 to 3000 as it was just too much of a sponge.
  • Saber PA Crushing Leap now has taller...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I dunno if it's just me, or if it's just the gamepad I'm using (8BitDo Ultimate) but the gamepad controls are really wonky. Attack is on left trigger, photon arts and the item sub-palette are activated by moving the right stick to the right(?), and I can't seem to actually rebind anything.

I'm having issues with my controls as well, for example I can't spin dash even though I have a button set for it. I've used keyboard, I've used controller, nothing seems to get me to spin dash.

the tutorial seems a bit buggy, im able to jump durning the text and it teleports me to the targeting lesson when i turn the camera

the tutorial seems a bit buggy, im able to jump durning the text and it teleports me to the targeting lesson when i turn the camera
Sorry, I completely forgot SRB2 had a tutorial to begin with and forgot to disable it, yeah it's going to break completely for the time being as I forgot the game has a popup asking you to play it

Any way to make it so saves can be used on multiple servers? Sorta like Rush char's local save for the sol emeralds.

there's a bug that makes items appear invisible when you haven't collected them, but the host has

As much as I love this, we need a give leader option in the social tab, or make it so owner/admin can take it forcefully.

so i haven't given this a try yet, but i was wondering: for singleplayer mode is there a way to add like bots in singleplayer using something like buddyex or foxbot? if not would it be added in the future?

Can someone explain me how i am supposed to get the keycard?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230704_211324_Sonic Robo Blast 2.jpg
    Screenshot_20230704_211324_Sonic Robo Blast 2.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 86
Any way to make it so saves can be used on multiple servers? Sorta like Rush char's local save for the sol emeralds.
Saves are per-server to account for mods which will certainly add custom items that will probably be different on each server, change the level cap, etc.

As much as I love this, we need a give leader option in the social tab, or make it so owner/admin can take it forcefully.
Realistically pretty doable

so i haven't given this a try yet, but i was wondering: for singleplayer mode is there a way to add like bots in singleplayer using something like buddyex or foxbot? if not would it be added in the future?
If someone bothers making an AI for it, sure.
Bots right now just despawn instantly on level load because they just don't contribute anything and also because I didn't want to make separate data for their gear etc.

Can someone explain me how i am supposed to get the keycard?
There are supposed to be jump pads but they haven't spawned in for some reason? I assume this is a bug with the android port as I've never once seen this issue

Had an issue after dying while using a Photon Art. It persisted until the end of the mission.

Attachments

• vGlIcou.jpeg
    vGlIcou.jpeg
    423.6 KB · Views: 83
Okay, dont know if anyone else has been having this problem, but after a couple of missions in a dedicated server, the game will begin to resynch uncontrollably. I have no clue as to what the cause is, as it has happened everywhere in the game, mid-mission or even in the lobby while selecting a mission. Only thing i have is a minor extra wad to add an extra tab to the social tab that just holds a community link.

Patch 1.5

Another round of fixes coming up.

CHANGES:
  • Item Crates now have new better looking sprites (courtesy of Gunla).
  • Item Crates now play a sound when destroyed.
  • Item Drops are now calculated for all player slots regardless of players being connected or not.
    • Previously, a new player joining mid-quest would not be able to acquire any drops from Item Crates as drops had only been generated for the existing player slots.
  • Added new "effectcolor" property...

1688566055737.png

[Sorry if this isn't the correct place to report this, i'll take it down if it shouldn't be here]
Not sure if its a bug or i just have horrible luck but every crate is either dropping money or the same weapon every time, i haven't tested if changing classes changes the loot tho.
(replayed the same level 4 times and it gave the same exact loot)

Yeah, 1.5 seems to be bugged, all crates are dropping the same items. Probably best to stick to 1.4 for now.

Update on the desynch from earlier (1.4) but i have found a consistent way to trigger it. For whatever reason the quest giver menus can desynch?? No clue on what causes it, usually 1 mission works before the whole server needs to be restarted to fix this. I'd assume the problem lies in assigning a party leader, where the server doesnt think the leader is the leader?

srb20028.gif
srb20030.gif
srb20027.gif

Attachments

• srb20028.gif
    srb20028.gif
    5.4 MB · Views: 52

Emergency Code: Patch 1.6

As it turns out the previous patch broke quest drop tables spectacularly, so here's an emergency fix, haha...
Sorry for the inconvenience, game should be half playable again now!

FIXES:
  • Fixed Crate drop tables being completely snuffed by the last patch.
    • While I was at it, I also actually added the crate sprites for real this time! (Sprites courtesy of Gunla, no fakesies!)
  • Adressed a bug where the party leader could potentially get desynched in dedicated...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back