Resource icon

srb2bld - SRB2 Build/Package manager CLI

i've been trying to get srb2 2.1 with this system, but everytime i try to do it, it says i need a password, i have no idea what this as i am on a Chromebook, any ideas people?
Please set your password in your Linux container using sudo passwd [USERNAME], if you want to install SRB2 2.1 to the system, then run srb2bld again and enter correct password, that you created with passwd command, when it is required (if you don't see password that you type, don't worry, it is hidden when you are typing), so you won't have issue with this due to how passwords and privileges are set in sudo settings for account in Linux container from Chromebook OS.

Alternatively, please wait for new version of srb2bld, which will be dropped this week. This update will not require entering password for most part, when you install build in home user path using command srb2bld -i -u (except for when you need to have installed dependencies for build using system's package manager or replacing previously installed build in path "/usr/local" with in path "$HOME/.local", but that should not affecting you due to settings in sudo from Linux container in Chromebook OS.),

Last edited:
Bijman updated srb2bld - SRB2 Build/Package manager CLI with a new update entry:

Update 2024-03-14

Fixes:
  • Fixed issue with not finding compiled libgme for SLADE building with option -u/--user,
  • Fixed some error messages while building SLADE,
  • Fixed issue with duplicating prompted by user compilation flags in other installed file during upgrade process,
  • Fixed missing library list to show in the message for glibc based Linux distros when installing all dependencies failed,
  • Added previously disabled prompts for building in macOS,
  • Fixed issue with removing builds while...

Read the rest of this update entry...

i think we have another docker problem.
1712780673524.png

Hello! So i'm trying to build an Android APK for SRB2 Persona, although when i run srb2bld -ad or srb2bld --android it returns with ERROR: Currently building with option --android is not supported with -u/--user. Exiting. then when i go check the Overview tab of this resource, at point 12 it mentions: "Building Android APKs require gradlew script in the path "[SRB2 build path]/android".

And thats what got me intrigued since i have no idea what is a gradlew script, where to get it, and where the [SRB2 build path] would be.
So uh... I'm kind of in a stalemate right now since i have no idea of what im doing at this point, mostly because i'm an idiot and not really an expert on this.
Is there any way to get this to work?

Hello! So i'm trying to build an Android APK for SRB2 Persona, although when i run srb2bld -ad or srb2bld --android it returns with ERROR: Currently building with option --android is not supported with -u/--user. Exiting.
Which OS are you using? Did you try without --user/-u or did you get this message without this option?

then when i go check the Overview tab of this resource, at point 12 it mentions: "Building Android APKs require gradlew script in the path "[SRB2 build path]/android".

And thats what got me intrigued since i have no idea what is a gradlew script,
Gradlew is a script, which its purpose is to prepare and initiate compiling using build tool system called Gradle (srb2bld just triggers it for you).

where to get it, and where the [SRB2 build path] would be.
So uh... I'm kind of in a stalemate right now since i have no idea of what im doing at this point, mostly because i'm an idiot and not really an expert on this.
Is there any way to get this to work?
From SRB2 build that supports building Android APK and most likely it it won't work, if you try to copy Gradle files, including gradlew file, to android directory for unsupported SRB2 build. If I remember correctly, SRB2 Persona doesn't have official build Android nor author of build plans to port it to Android.

Keep in mind that if you run srb2bld -ad/--android without initial error ERROR: Currently building with option --android is not supported with -u/--user. Exiting., you will get list of only supported builds for Android APK which are:
- SRB2 Android by Lactozilla
- SRB2 Android by bitten2up
- SRB2 Reveries (rphys) by Pastel (formerly Katsy)
- SRB2 Custom (this here you point remote path from Github or Gitlab or local path to build using variable SRB2BLDGITPATH, which must have build supporting gradle files with gradlew file and are included in android directory and of course Android port is maintained by developer of build)

[SRB2 build path] is just path to downloaded build from Github or Gitlab, containing source code, either by you or by srb2bld.

In context of srb2bld, build will be put in path /home/[your username]/.local/share/srb2bld/builds/[SRB2 build directory] for Linux, C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\srb2bld\builds\[SRB2 build directory] for Windows. For custom SRB2 builds it will be in path /home/[your username]/.local/share/srb2bld/builds/srb2-custom/[SRB2 build directory] for Linux, C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\srb2bld\builds\[SRB2 build directory\srb2-custom\[SRB2 build directory] for Windows.

Last edited:
Which OS are you using? Did you try without --user/-u or did you get this message without this option?
I'm running Windows 11 Version 23H2 (build 22631.3672), and yes, i got the message without the --user or -u flag.

From SRB2 build that supports building Android APK and most likely it it won't work, if you try to copy Gradle files, including gradlew file, to android directory for unsupported SRB2 build. If I remember correctly, SRB2 Persona doesn't have official build Android nor author of build plans to port it to Android.
Ah, i see, the reason why i wanted to compile an Android APK of SRB2 Persona was to install it on my tablet so i'd have more srb2 content in it in general, but if it really is unsupported, then i just wont bother. (unless there is a way to import the Android part of vanilla srb2, like the touch controls, and somewhat port them into srb2 persona, but im not really a programmer expert so i wouldn't risk it.)

That makes things more clear, thanks for the help!

I'm running Windows 11 Version 23H2 (build 22631.3672), and yes, i got the message without the --user or -u flag.
I see. Some condition in the script was omitted from Windows side during previous update. This will hopefully be solved in the future update for srb2bld.

Ah, i see, the reason why i wanted to compile an Android APK of SRB2 Persona was to install it on my tablet so i'd have more srb2 content in it in general, but if it really is unsupported, then i just wont bother. (unless there is a way to import the Android part of vanilla srb2, like the touch controls, and somewhat port them into srb2 persona, but im not really a programmer expert so i wouldn't risk it.)

That makes things more clear, thanks for the help!
No problem. Glad to clear things up and thanks for trying out my script.

Bijman updated srb2bld - SRB2 Build/Package manager CLI with a new update entry:

Update 2024-06-10

Features:
- Added builds:
1. SRB2 Kart Neptune,
2. Dr. Robotnik's Ring Racers,
3. Dr. Robotnik's Ring Racers Noire,
4. kartmaker (Ring Racers),
5. followermaker (Ring Racers),
6. High Voltage Ring,
7. Aseprite (Kart Builder included)
- Added new environment variable SRB2BLDNCPU to allow user to set number of CPU threads for compilation process.

Fixes:
- Improved detection of read-only file systems for immutable Linux distros,
- Fixed issues with not creating prefix install path if run...

I followed the instructions and put in 'cd ~ /c/Users/[My Username]' but always get 'bash: cd: too many arguments' and can't get past the first step of the guide. What do I do here? Is it a Windows 11 thing?

I followed the instructions and put in 'cd ~ /c/Users/[My Username]' but always get 'bash: cd: too many arguments' and can't get past the first step of the guide. What do I do here? Is it a Windows 11 thing?
You are entering two paths for "cd" command, which is ~ and /c/Users/[My Username], which are both for your user home path. It should be only one path entered to "cd" command.

As written in in README.md for srb2bld:
2. Go to your user directory (usually "C:/Users/[your username]"): cd ~,
The second step instructs you to enter cd ~

Thanks for the help with that, now I got an error when doing the next step saying fatal: destination path 'srb2bld' already exists and is not an empty directory.
How do I fix this?
Post automatically merged:

Nevermind fixed the issue

Last edited:

Update 2024-06-25

Fixes:
- Fixed issue of missing icons and desktop files for custom Ring Racers build on Linux,
- Added link to correct tsourdt3rd.pk3 file to fix "I_Error(): File is old, is corrupt or has been modified:", when running compiled in TSoURDt3rd,
- Updated link to GPG key for APT repository, because old GPG keys caused issues with building docker/podman image,
- Added condition in case of missing debug binary for SRB2/SRB2Kart/RingRacers custom build,
- Fixed errors about upgrading...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back