Resource icon

srb2bld - SRB2 Build/Package manager CLI

Bijman updated srb2bld - SRB2 Build/Package manager CLI with a new update entry:

Update 2022-06-05

• Updated compatibility table,
  • Fixed issue of not finding compiled files which belong to root on Alpine Linux,
  • Fixed issue of missing patch.pk3 file for compiled SRB2 VR,
  • Fixed issue of not finding compiled SRB2 2.1 Legacy binary, to copy it to path,
  • Fixed issue of not to be able to convert srb2win.ico file to PNG format for SRB2 2.0 and SRB2 Final Demo,
  • Some checks to prevent downloading libopenmpt and libgme source codes when building wadcli and SLADE,
  • Fixed...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Bijman updated srb2bld - SRB2 Build/Package manager CLI with a new update entry:

Update 2022-06-10

• Corrected name of SRB2 Kart's directory for finding proper path to assets,
  • Replaced libpng to libpng12 for Musl-based Linux distros for better compatibility,
  • Changed name of GNU Stow's libpng12-lib32 directory to libpng12 (if you have installed libpng12 in /usr/local/stow/libpng12-lib32 path, it is recommended to do sudo -E STOW_DIR=/usr/local/stow stow -Dv libpng12-lib32 && sudo mv -v /usr/local/stow/libpng12-lib32 /usr/local/stow/libpng12 && sudo -E...

Last edited:

Update 2022-07-15

• Added SRB2 rphys,
  • Added ability to install multiple custom builds,
  • Added new environment variables SRB2BLDDEVMODE and SRB2BLDDEBUG,
  • Updated environment variable names,
  • Updated to gcc 11 within Docker container,
  • Added not to exit instantly after removing one build/asset/installed,
  • Fixed issue of skipping extracting assets in some situations,
  • Fixed issue of missing libraries for 64-bit compiled custom build on Windows, when have set environment variables...

When I go to install something, it asks me to type my password but I can't type it.

Oh ok.
Post automatically merged:

It still says "Try again" after I type my password correctly.

Last edited:
Then try again. Password need to be the same, that you use to login to the system as user, assuming you use one of Linux systems or macOS. Make sure you don't type password with Caps Lock turned on. BTW which system you are using for this attempt?

Last edited:
Then try again. Password need to be the same, that you use to login to the system as user, assuming you use one of Linux systems or macOS. Make sure you don't type password with Caps Lock turned on. BTW which system you are using for this attempt?
ChomeOS. I don't think it works on ChromeOS, so I'll just use it on my windows system.

Update 2022-07-23

• Updated compatibility table,
  • Fixed issue with getting loop for not finding proper group permissions and changing it in compiled build's source code's path with chown command on some Linux distros,
  • Corrected stat command on macOS for checking SRB2 rphys assets,
  • Fixed issue of not remembering chosen branch after build's installation,
  • Corrected messages about compiling commands before running them,
  • More fixes for issue with skipping downloading and extracting...

Update 2022-09-10

• Added ability to install builds to user's home directory ($HOME/.local) with option -u/--user (executed with srb2bld -i -u),
  • Fixed issue with downloading and extracting wrong assets for SRB2Kart,
  • Fixed issues with displaying some messages and extracting files on macOS,
  • Fixed issue with custom build getting all .desktop files in software mode,
  • Updated Makefile, so script can be installed in other paths,
  • Patchelf is now part of essential...

Update 2022-09-25

• Corrected rpm-ostree command for issue with installing packages,
  • Added libgme with support for MAME YM2612 emulator for better compatibility with libSDL2_Mixer_X,
  • Fixed issue with not to be able to continue to build SRB2 Custom Build after latest update,
  • Fixed issue with not to be able to modify Makefile for SRB2 Final Demo,
  • More improvements with installation of dependencies for builds,
  • Moved code,
  • Removed unused code,
  • Other fixes and...

Hey. Would you mind adding Raspberry Pi 4 support for this? I would love to see that! I use the raspberry pi quite a lot for my games.

Lemme try re-installing it. Also SRB2 Rphy's is not found apparently

EDIT: Didnt fix it. And IDK how to make it work anymore.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back