• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Xmas remiX (Abandoned)

Ok... I think it's time to set things right...

Hey! It's been a long time since I don't talk about this project and today I'm here to put the cards on the desk. So where is this project?

I started this project in October 2020. After Halloween of that year thinking, "I miss those retexture maps from 2.0 for SRB2. Would be awesome making something like that in the most recent versions of the game". Anyway! I start to stream my development in the SRB2 Brazillian community server and people got impressed with the first result. I got confident after good feedback and reception of the project. I made great progress in the first weeks, I was really excited seeing how fast I remade the main aspects of GFZ and THZ, giving a winter design for them.

As the project has been going I got too excited and expand the whole idea, so from "Redesign all the levels" to "Making a new campaign and a new game mode" YES! I've gone completely crazy. So when you're making good progress doing the basic parts don't try to put more weight into the project, I was trying my best to make all those things simultaneously, but when you are an inexperienced project manager trying to bite more than you can chew, things are down to go wrong.

"Ok! It's a new year (2021) I have much time to work 'till December arrives, so let's continue the project". That's when I try to find support for the project, but I failed as project manager, giving awful explanations about my plans for the team I made for the project. I got stressed and couldn't make much progress, to complete all the disasters, adult life started to hit hard, so I'm doing college and I got a job (That's actually great, but for my projects, Yeah on the plural, things gone bad). So with all of It, I keep the promise that one day I would get back to work on this mod, except that's why I'm here to announce that I tried to do my part, but my time driving this project it's over.

I'm about to DROP THIS PROJECT TO SOMEBODY ELSE.
if someone is interested in hearing all my ideas and want to continue this ambitious project just comment here or DM on discord Stardust Dragon#8645 (I think I wasn't supposed to do that on this forum but, ok sorry ADM XD)

I'll drop some files and ideas of the XMAS REMIX Project project later on, but now (LIKE RIGHT NOW) I'm a little busy. Hope I can help with something later on, but now I'm just busy "being an adult", that's how my family use to say, anyways bye XD

Ok... I think it's time to set things right...

Hey! It's been a long time since I don't talk about this project and today I'm here to put the cards on the desk. So where is this project?

I started this project in October 2020. After Halloween of that year thinking, "I miss those retexture maps from 2.0 for SRB2. Would be awesome making something like that in the most recent versions of the game". Anyway! I start to stream my development in the SRB2 Brazillian community server and people got impressed with the first result. I got confident after good feedback and reception of the project. I made great progress in the first weeks, I was really excited seeing how fast I remade the main aspects of GFZ and THZ, giving a winter design for them.

As the project has been going I got too excited and expand the whole idea, so from "Redesign all the levels" to "Making a new campaign and a new game mode" YES! I've gone completely crazy. So when you're making good progress doing the basic parts don't try to put more weight into the project, I was trying my best to make all those things simultaneously, but when you are an inexperienced project manager trying to bite more than you can chew, things are down to go wrong.

"Ok! It's a new year (2021) I have much time to work 'till December arrives, so let's continue the project". That's when I try to find support for the project, but I failed as project manager, giving awful explanations about my plans for the team I made for the project. I got stressed and couldn't make much progress, to complete all the disasters, adult life started to hit hard, so I'm doing college and I got a job (That's actually great, but for my projects, Yeah on the plural, things gone bad). So with all of It, I keep the promise that one day I would get back to work on this mod, except that's why I'm here to announce that I tried to do my part, but my time driving this project it's over.

I'm about to DROP THIS PROJECT TO SOMEBODY ELSE.
if someone is interested in hearing all my ideas and want to continue this ambitious project just comment here or DM on discord Stardust Dragon#8645 (I think I wasn't supposed to do that on this forum but, ok sorry ADM XD)

I'll drop some files and ideas of the XMAS REMIX Project project later on, but now (LIKE RIGHT NOW) I'm a little busy. Hope I can help with something later on, but now I'm just busy "being an adult", that's how my family use to say, anyways bye XD
I’ll test it to see how well this has progressed.

Last edited:
Ok, this will be a lot of text... So here we go

Jon
The angry
Junin
Gandy
Xelork
And pretty much everyone from SRB2 Brazillian community
A HUGE THANKS TO ALL OF YOU

Hello it's me again I gonna try to explain what I planned and couldn't do it

First, here's a demo of what I've done before the project got canceled: (It's more than 8MB so I upload it to google drive):

The main project objective was to Restore the winter aesthetics to every single level in the game (re-texturing all of them), but in the demo, we completed only GFZ and THZ. For the next stages, we had some ideas like; CEZ would be a toy factory stage. ACZ would be a frozen desert. RVZ would be a Blue Mountain reimagined. DSZ we had no idea what we could have done.
On top of all of this, we would change daytime in all levels like:
GFZ: Day > Night
CEZ: Night > Day

The name of the mod it's SRB2 Xmas remiX, because of a new game mode. This game is about a treasure hunt where you have to get all the presents lost in the levels before completing them. Since SRB2 level design is really known by all the players we planned to make changes in the level design to make new places to explore and find presents (That's why we changed water to ice in GFZ and goop to water, we planned to make water freezes and make players lose their rings).

srb20184.png

And to complete this ambitious project, we planned to make 3 new zones with new bosses based on the original SRB2 Christmas'93. You can find an EARLY EARLY BETA of a level that I was trying to make [ISPOILER]type "map mapc1 -force" on console[/ISPOILER]. For the new bosses, we planned to make a new Eggman boss fight, for the second level BARK AS A BOSS and after defeating him you unlock him to play as him, he would be released to play in MB Standalone (The sprites were made by Junin a great artist). The last boss would be a giant Santa Eggman Mecha based on Santa MK. II from Terraria.

srb20169.png
And those were the ideas for the mod. If someone will continue the project I really don't know. It's an ambitious project, I'm really sad that I can manage a team to complete this project because I would have a bad and stressful time, conflicting with my work, college, and every other project that I have. Anyway, I hope one distant day this project will become real.

I'm Stardust Dragon and that was my ambitious project I hope you like the demo.
Post automatically merged:

Also, it's all reusable content if you want to download and modify go ahead. Also, There's something I didn't mention.

eggman_noel.gif Santa Eggman

METLA1.pngAnd a Sonic Mania Adventure reference.

Fang would have a Santa hat in his boss fight as well

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back