SRB2 With Achievements - What Do You Think?

FlashbackGuy

Ah, Yeah! This is happenin’!
With the release of the first standalone on RetroAchievements (Final Fantasy XI), that opens the door for more possibilities, which leads me to ask this:

What do you guys think of SRB2 possibly supporting RA in the near-future? RA already has a lot of sets for ROM hacks, like Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, and especially Sonic.

Also, RA already has tons of Sonic fans and Sonic sets.

Of course, this is a hypothetical, since it’s ultimately up to both Sonic Team Jr. and the people running the RA show on if they want to do it or not.

Attached to this post is a .txt file of 3 possible sets the game could get. One core set and two subsets.

So now I ask again: what do you guys think of this idea?

Attachments

• SRB2 Potential RA Set.txt
    4.8 KB · Views: 59
Personally I don't see any need for SRB2 to have an achievements system. There's already enough to accomplish already via the unlockables, and getting all the emblems is already enough bragging rights.
The perks with a possible set are all the subsets that could come with it. Additionally, many sets on RA differ from each other. A Mario game’s set devved by one person won’t be similar to another Mario game’s set because each set developer has their own way of making a set.

Also, custom challenges are fun. There’s none on the concept .txt because I’m bad at coming up with that stuff, though.

Oh, yeah, here’s an updated list, now including a subset for Ultimate Mode.

Attachments

• SRB2 Potential RA Set.txt
    5.7 KB · Views: 21
The perks with a possible set are all the subsets that could come with it. Additionally, many sets on RA differ from each other. A Mario game’s set devved by one person won’t be similar to another Mario game’s set because each set developer has their own way of making a set.

Also, custom challenges are fun.
You don't need an achievement system to do custom challenges. You can just do them anyway.

It would be weird if SRB2 was on RA because it can be played on modern systems and doesn't require an emulator to play.

It would be weird if SRB2 was on RA because it can be played on modern systems and doesn't require an emulator to play.
Final Fantasy XI is a standalone. It doesn’t need an emulator to play. Like I mentioned at the very start of the thread.

Honestly, it could be cool, plus achievements could have little icons to represent the achievement you did, also Sonic 3 A.I.R has achievements already and it’s pretty cool. Maybe there should be achievements such as completing a save file, getting all emeralds, and getting all emblems

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back