SRB2: Unpopular Opinions

Jsmoothie

Professional Procrastinator
I don't know if there is a thread on this already but; What are your Unpopular Opinions about SRB2?

My unpopular opinion: I don't like the way the back of SSNSonic's sprite looks:
image_2023-05-27_233018534.png
srb20011.png
srb20010.png

The quills on his head and on his torso look... uncanny? Maybe it's because of the shininess from the lighting/shading, or maybe it's that they look unusually sharp, spiky, and/or flat instead of softer. Maybe it's the camera angle or the game's art style in general. Idk man. They also look weird when he's moving (especially at max speed) or especially when he's airborne from a spring.

Update 12/26/23: I think I found another reason why ssnsonic's quills look "uncanny" to me. On top of my previous statements, I think it's also because, instead of protruding out of the back of his head, his quills kinda look like they're protruding out of each other and then sticking straight outwards when he's running. On top of his quills looking to shiny, stiff, giant, and pointy instead of soft.
srb20012.png
I do like the rest of the sprite(s) though.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is a huge hot take, probably just a little one to be honest, but I actually like the small delay when Knuckles lands after gliding. It gives landing after a glide more of a weighty feel that compliments Knuckles being more of a power character, and differentiates him from Sonic who can always keep going fast when he lands. It also feels more accurate to how he played in Sonic 3&K, in which he also had the same small delay when landing after a glide.

I'm not sure if this is a huge hot take, probably just a little one to be honest, but I actually like the small delay when Knuckles lands after gliding. It gives landing after a glide more of a weighty feel that compliments Knuckles being more of a power character, and differentiates him from Sonic who can always keep going fast when he lands. It also feels more accurate to how he played in Sonic 3&K, in which he also had the same small delay when landing after a glide.
I never actually minded Knuckles' landing crouch.

Some of the levels aren't as hard as people make them out to be. (Mainly ERZ and RVZ1, people who say Aerial Garden and/or Azure Temple are easy are just flexing their epik gamer skillz)
Disagree = I respectfully respect your opinion, didn't expect that, did you?

Some of the levels aren't as hard as people make them out to be. (Mainly ERZ and RVZ1, people who say Aerial Garden and/or Azure Temple are easy are just flexing their epik gamer skillz)
Disagree = I respectfully respect your opinion, didn't expect that, did you?
i agree with you
erz got really nerfed in 2.2
try 2.1 erz2 then people calling it hard may come again lol
Arieal garden is not that hard but azure temple still to this day screw me over
it is NOT an easy level as its designed to screw you over

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back