SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everytime you post a new screen it makes it even HARDER to wait for the final release. Will there be a release before the final or will the final be the only release in the next 2 weeks?

Chaos Zero 64 said:
I only have about two weeks before ME is out, and if I wait any longer, 1.09.4 will be obsolete and Riders will have its thunder stolen. All I need to do now is just finish adding waypoints to Sand Ruins, the other ruins, Babylon Garden, and the other two heaven/hell stages. Then I have to finish Wave, and when everything is done, I have to add an automatic save system for Single Player and Unlockables for Sonic R. And in two weeks? Ugh.

Dude, this will never have its thunder stolen. Not what I think anyway. ME has nothing compared to this. And you've done better in a few years than the main team can do in about 10 years. Just remember that. Take the time you need.

SRB2ME has had it's long wait, if it is released before then it will definitely draw in some more people than if it is released just after ME's release since it is so popular.
Doesn't defeat the fact of how great it is though.

How about for the character select screen, you show the characters performing their formation. (Ex- Sonic grinding, Tails Flying, Knux punching, etc)?

Chaos Zero 64 said:

And Chrispy, I could do that. Just maybe. But using colormaps in the Menu system seems to be only for the Save Game code. I would have to copy all standing sprites from all 12 characters, and then give them new names. THEN I can add it to the menu and find a way to rotate them. But it still sounds tricky, so I might just put it off for now.

In multiplayer there is player select and it has the player sprites, you could copy the code (m_menu.c - > M_DrawSetupMultiPlayerMenu). In SRB2 4.1 it was used at the title screen so it should work.

It should be fairly easy to rotate as well, just change the index in sprframe->lumppat ("patch = W_CachePatchNum(sprframe->lumppat[0], PU_CACHE);"). You could use a timer like multi_tics to delay the angle change by having the angle as a global var like "multi_tics".

daiches99 said:
Hopefully, the new one will be out tomorrow.
Fingers Crossed <-- wait isn't that bad luck...

I don't remember any sigh of bad luck except breaking a mirror, walking under a ladder, and spilling salt.

1.46.4 is now out. There are a few things unfinished, but you'll have to go deep into the game to find them yourself. Did you find any bugs, glitches, or things out of place? Chances are, I don't care. Riders is going to be ported to ME in about two months from now so that I can take a break. So all posts relating to that will be ignored. It's also likely that I know about it anyway.

So for now, just enjoy having the final big mod for 1.09.4. You'll get to play with SRB2ME in just a few more days anyway.

Did you forget to modify the mainwads parameter? I kept on getting a message when starting a single player game stating about the game being modified.

Code:
	// don't check music.dta because people like to modify it, and it doesn't matter if they do
	// ...except it does if they slip maps in there, and that's what W_VerifyNMUSlumps is for.

mainwads = 12; // there 12 wads not to unloads

Edit:
Oh! It seems as though as this parameter is missing entirely from your codebase. At least from what I see.
Heh, better add that back in there. :P

Because her default riders color is pink, and you get a free cheese when buying a Cream dollie, I mean, when you use Cream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back