SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I for one am amazed for your progress with this CZ64.
I'd love to inquire though about how you went about the bots following on the track though. Did you happen to use a modified version of ZoomTube waypoints?
Fantastic job though, nonetheless.

JEV3, you're right. Cream passed me. I just wanted to show all of the Alternate View camera on the level. So I used a bind to set the number of laps to 4 after I finished. You can kinda see that after I finished the race. I guess that caused a glitch in the intermission screen.

Flame, you're kinda right. Modified ZoomTube waypoints. Before adding bots for the 3rd time, I decided to make waypoints first. In the end, it's a copied version of the lightdash code. You just don't move at all, the angle changes. Then you just walk automatically. The way they find their proper waypoint is from the zoomtube code.

I think I'll say this now before someone asks about it. Bots will remain as a Single Player addition only. No single player match either, in case someone gets to add a level with a gametype switch sector/linedef. I want them to stay that way, but mainly, it's because they sometimes crash. And it's a pain to all joiners if the game crashes on someone.

I tested the mod without the bots, and yes. They can crash. I used the bot codes from Oct 12, 2006 since it's the last compatible version that doesn't have the SVN updates. I haven't found the reason why they crash, but it's still rare that they do. They can crash at the 4th lap, or in the 25th lap. Items were turned off, I didn't touch any keys, and they crash. I also think they crash less if in Software mode, but I'm not so sure. Both video rendering have survived through 20+ laps. I think it's also more likely if there's more bots added in (like all 11 of them), but I don't know. You can't die in Metal City, so the respawn crash shouldn't count.

But in any case, you will finish the race by the 3rd lap, so there's no need to worry. I was thinking of adding cutscenes, but at this rate, they're most likely gonna be comicbook-style. I still haven't thought of a reason to race against everyone but Eggman. I'll think of a reason.

Maybe an argument between Sonic and Jet after the original Sonic Riders?
Anyway, I can't believe this! You got bots in, can't wait to play it. The good thing is that you didn't ruin a bit of code as well. =D

Edit: Okay, the bottom number is the waypoint number, but what's the top one? :|

AWESOME work, Chaos Zero 64!

jet said:
CZ64 since you made an srb2 riders have you thought of making an srb2 riders zero gravity? Im saying because sonic riders zero gravity was released.
Jet, try to keep little kids off your forum account.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
I just added bots (the mod's biggest addition ever), which everybody wanted it in but were told that it will never happen.
...I really didn't see this coming and it goes to show what progress you made when this mod was first announced (More then a year ago? I forget) and all of this determination brings a tear to my eye.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
You can't die in Metal City, so the respawn crash shouldn't count.

Are you suuuuure?

die1.png

If you hold the down arrow and fall...

die2.png

You die

Though, you only die if you mess up paths...which is in almost everything.(If you use a spring in some sonic games and you decide to move left or something you usually end up dying)

Wow, I completely forgot about that. I'll try to test it out myself with only one bot. If it does crash, maybe I'll just change all pits into teleports.

And Violo, that other counter is the boost counter. Boosting gives you a high number, and when it reaches 70, you stop boosting. The counter continues on to 0, so that empty set is your boost delay. Senku's idea.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Flame, you're kinda right. Modified ZoomTube waypoints. Before adding bots for the 3rd time, I decided to make waypoints first. In the end, it's a copied version of the lightdash code. You just don't move at all, the angle changes. Then you just walk automatically. The way they find their proper waypoint is from the zoomtube code.
You've stumped me. You say it's a copied version of the lightdash code for movement but finding the proper waypoint with Zoomtube code?

Yeah, that's right. In a way, I made sure the lightdash doesn't home in on rings. You just stare at it. While part of the zoom tube code was added in so that the player knows which waypoint to stare at next. Then I just told the player to start walking.

The only minor detail is the mouse movement. Most people use their mouse to look around, so their Mouse Speed is always fast. That means that when you're using the waypoints, you can move the mouse to the left or right to 'strafe'. Your angle always faces the waypoint, but you can sort of move away with the mouse. It's no biggie, really. You finished the race, so being stuck somewhere will be your own fault.

You need to give me more info. What does the error say exactly?

You also need to make sure that this mod is unzipped in your SRB2 folder. This goes for all wads released in this forum.

Well, I saw the video, and it was very nice indeed, I love how you added bots to do the race, and I also love how you made different backgrounds for Options, Single Player, and Multiplayer.

Overall, nice work, can't wait for 1.46.4's release.

There are a total of 11 characters and 52 levels. 15 are Riders levels, 8 are Mario Kart levels, and 29 are Sonic R levels. I also modified the code so anyone can add their own levels to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back