SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I could see in the Jetrider, his fronts and back are symmetrical. So if you want to make more sprites for him you must make them symmetrical so they don't seem out of place.

SRB2Riders.zip should be unzipped in your SRB2 v1.09.4 folder.
RMD2.dat should be on your SRB2 folder, and all models have to be in the MD2 folder (not really, but it helps by keeping things in order)
You must be able to play in OpenGL.
The MD2 Models and WizardRider buttons from the launcher have to be clicked.
If you don't see any models, try opening the console with the ` key and type in GR_MD2 ON.

Monster, I like the first Jet, but the second one could use some work. Maybe he's just funny-looking. If you want help with symmetrical stuff, you can take a look at my work.
jetyg6.png

As you can see, I already made the heads look down. Since I didn't needed the heads look up for the Riders sprite, I never finished them. Now I do, specially for Sonic R.

I also have some bad news. My laptop cracked up on me. Luckily, I'm guessing the hard drive is still ok, but I now need to buy a cable that connects laptop hard drives to the USB port. I should find one easily. Otherwise, I'll have to redo some work. Probably 3 or so days of work, since I have another version here in my desktop pc.

Actually, Nitro's just edited that pic from his own Rouge. If you don't know already, he's released it in the Releases - Character forum.

I'm not too keen on his Rouge either. Both the one that he's released and this sprite of her for Sonic Riders don't look right.

And Light Dasher, thanks for telling me about the back looking odd. I'll get to fixing it soon.

If anyone want to help me in the Cream's board, I just did made 2 sprites, but I can't do the rest:

cream-3.png

EDIT: I could finish off the rest of the standing frames for RougeRider then, and if you like this I could make hers too.

Is there any chance of using a similar bot thing like in JTE so that you could race the bots in single player?

I sort of tried that. I got my old version of the source code, and copied everything that had to do with bots onto a fresh source code that comes with SRB2 1.09.4. After 3 hours, nothing happened. I removed one of the #ifdef JTEBOTS and its #endif, and it gave me a bunch of errors. So I gave up.

For coding, I found a guy who has the cable. He might let me borrow it tomorrow.

And now, this is what I've been working on lately:

Running.
riders1.png

Grinding.
riders2.png

Bouncing. You can't see it from this angle, but he's holding the air board.
riders3.png

Jumping.
riders4.png

Sonic R mode.
riders5.png

Kart mode.
riders6.png

With the Beta version of Misfit Model 3D, I was finally able to give him bones, allowing me to animate him. But after you save it, SRB2 will crash. So I have to reinstall the stable version, open it, and save it. It's a real pain if you keep forgetting something small, or if there's another error.

On the Riders shot, you have to look closely in order to see his shades. And yes, this shots also prove that Mario Kart mode plays only with Karts, and with no air board, karts, or shades in Sonic R mode.

It had no shading at first, so it was impossible to see his quills. I gave him only one shading, but he still needed the other one. Now, he looks like he's from Sonic X, or from a flash movie. Specially this screenshot:
sonicx.png

Hooray for Sonic Riders horride proportions!
EDIT: So do you want me to finish the standing frames for rougerider and amyrider then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Back