SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Storm's 3rd sprite, his belly looks too flat. I fixed it a bit, touching only 3 or so pixels. And it's kinda funny how his arm is all the way in the back. Like he's bringing his shoulders back for no reason.
http://cz64.sepwich.com/images/storm.bmp

For the mod, I'm still busy with Sonic R mode, since both Riders and Mario Kart took off a lof of what made SRB2 tick. For controls, I'm thinking of replacing the Analog Mode menu option with Sonic R controls. When OFF, the controls will be normal controls that you play in SRB2. Forward is Up, Backward is Down, etc. But for Sonic R, I haven't played it in a year or so. So it might be better if someone posts how the controls were set up. All I remember is pressing Down to crouch and spin, and A being accelerate.

I'll post some screenshots when I get some more work done. Right now, I keep fixing or adding stuff and then forgetting what's next on the Todo list.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
But for Sonic R, I haven't played it in a year or so. So it might be better if someone posts how the controls were set up.
- Up, A, C, and Y were forward.
- Left and Right controlled directions.
- B, X, and Z were the action buttons*.
- Down was rolling or crouching, depending on whether you were moving or not. Pressing the jump button while crouching made Sonic start to charge a spindash.
- The shoulder buttons controlled tilt**.

*Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and their counterparts could jump and use their unique actions. Eggman and Eggrobo fired missiles at a cost of 10 rings per launch, and Amy used a speedup ability where turning was difficult.
**Tilting acted like holding the turn button in two places at once. Sonic turned at a much tighter angle while the corresponding tilt button was held.

CZ64, You should just make SRB2RidersToDoList.txt and every time you have something new to do just type it in there. I did the same thing with NServ.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
But for Sonic R, I haven't played it in a year or so. So it might be better if someone posts how the controls were set up.

In Sonic Gems Collection for Gamecube is like this:

*Up and B acellerate
*Left and Right controlled directions
*A button jump or use special ability
*Down crouches or spins while walking, while crouching press A to charge a spindash.
*L tilt for left and R tilt for Right, can be used for directions too.
*Just Sonic, Tails and Knuckles can spindash

Sonic do a double jump, Tails flies, Knuckles glides but need to move to control, Amy's special ability is her car go fast, the fastest speed is like Super Sonic Speed and it ends after 10 seconds and her car floats in the water but reduces the speed and she can't jump, Eggman's special aiblity is shoot a missile that homing who's closest, the player shoted with the missile will get hurted without lose the rings and Eggman floats in the water too but reduces the ability and he can't jump, Metalsonic runs a bit fast than sonic, he runs over the water while running fast but he doesn't run over the water forever because while running over the water he's speed will be reducing, Tails Doll is too slow, has low jump but his ability is float over the floor, and he can float over the water with out fall or reduce the speed, metalknux is like the metalsonic abilities, has the same gliding than knuckles, Eggrobo is a bit slow and has the same eggman's missile ability, run over the water like metalsonic and he can't jump, and Supersonic has the same Sonic's abilities, is so fastest, jump high, excellent acelleration, and runs over the water while running fast, but can't spindash.

That is everything I know.

How do you get the MD2 for the character you are playing to work? I've tried everything I've known about them and still nothing.

I thought this might be useful to you, CZ64...
1.png

Yes, it's a hurt frame sprite for Jet. :)

EDIT: Deleting+Reposting to get attention.

What's wrong with it not being symetrical? That's just the way I do my sprites.

Speaking of which...
8.png

Yes, it's another sprite for Jet's hurt frame.

You my do your sprites that way, but CZ64 doesn't. You must follow the style that the rest of the wad is using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back