• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Srb2 Riders for 2.2 Development Logs

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is my question is there gameplay or not?
I don't know maybe it's ready or not... We will see when they are ready to show it
on the original srb2neoriders post this gif was there. so uhh... nice
this gif is from early last year so the project may be completely different than it is in this gif.
srb2riders.gif

oh god. i just thought about something horrible. anime characters in riders. its pretty unlikely but i dont want this to happen like it did in kart ;-;

Who do you think you're a moderator so shut up
Well, I think I am a moderator, and I think you are being incredibly rude in this topic. If you continue to act like this, measures will be taken.

oh god. i just thought about something horrible. anime characters in riders. its pretty unlikely but i dont want this to happen like it did in kart ;-;
And this is horrible because...?

And this is horrible because...?
i'll let people get behind "i like anime lol" i could understand if they were a seperate file that you can download on the mb. because then a few servers would have that mod included. but if its an official thing that comes with the game as a seperate file, you know, every servers' gotta have it. i'll be honest for a sec most of this is probably because im salty from losing to anime characters in kart, but im tired of hearing japanese jibberish every time im passed. i play srb2kart for sonic. im going to play this for sonic. it will be acceptable if it was a seperate pk3 or something that comes with the game, but then every vanilla server is gonna have it. i know i have nothing to do with this project and i accept the fact that there are higher ups and my opinion might change nothing. but you may never know until you try.
no. please tell me this wont be in the un-modified game. please tell me its a seperate file

Last edited:
i'll let people get behind "i like anime lol" i could understand if they were a seperate file that you can download on the mb. because then a few servers would have that mod included. but if its an official thing that comes with the game as a seperate file, you know, every servers' gotta have it. i'll be honest for a sec most of this is probably because im salty from losing to anime characters in kart, but im tired of hearing japanese jibberish every time im passed. i play srb2kart for sonic. im going to play this for sonic. it will be acceptable if it was a seperate pk3 or something that comes with the game, but then every vanilla server is gonna have it. i know i have nothing to do with this project and i accept the fact that there are higher ups and my opinion might change nothing. but you may never know until you try.

no. please tell me this wont be in the un-modified game. please tell me its a seperate file
I don’t think you realize the fact that anime characters were never part of any vanilla version of SRB2 and it’s spin-offs. They have always been mod characters created by the community. STJr never made anime characters for SRB2 and Kart Krew never made anime characters for SRB2K.

That is an awfully rude reaction to someone else's work. I don't even know if SilverVortex is on the dev team for this or not, but if he is, then its him and the rest of the team's decision if he's in the base game or not, and you will just have to accept it.

I don’t think you realize the fact that anime characters were never part of any vanilla version of SRB2 and it’s spin-offs. They have always been mod characters created by the community. STJr never made anime characters for SRB2 and Kart Krew never made anime characters for SRB2K.
To be a little more fair here, Kart technically does... In that there are clearly anime-inspired characters in bonuschars (which almost all servers add), but they are all tied to video games (or in Miku's case, SEGA software first, video games later), so they still make sense as Kart characters. Sonic has never strayed that far from anime either, with Adventure 1's humans clearly leaning towards anime, and Sonic himself being in two of them, Classic and Modern. Sonic hanging with some anime-esque folks is no stretch, and no real problem.

That is an awfully rude reaction to someone else's work. I don't even know if SilverVortex is on the dev team for this or not, but if he is, then its him and the rest of the team's decision if he's in the base game or not, and you will just have to accept it.

To be a little more fair here, Kart technically does... In that there are clearly anime-inspired characters in bonuschars (which almost all servers add), but they are all tied to video games (or in Miku's case, SEGA software first, video games later), so they still make sense as Kart characters. Sonic has never strayed that far from anime either, with Adventure 1's humans clearly leaning towards anime, and Sonic himself being in two of them, Classic and Modern. Sonic hanging with some anime-esque folks is no stretch, and no real problem.
I meant in regards to base game content, but yeah I totally understand that Sega related content like Miku or Yakuza would be created by Kart Krew as official bonus content. I was mostly talking about other anime-styled characters like Naruto, Goku, JoJo, and OCs not being included in base game content

Not yet. We still need to get a few bits done before we give an early beta build to the masses.
well, good to know theres "bits" that need to be done now. that shouldnt take to long. right? ...right?

i have a question, how the local multiplayer's gonna work?
will it be similar to srb2 vanilla or srb2 kart? like, 2p or 4p?

Just for clarity the members who are working on this mod are:
LonelyFoxz - Team Coordinator / Lead Designer / Artist

Latius - Main Coder / GUI Artist / Mapper

WellDoneSnake - Main Coder / Mapper

SilverVortex - Artist

Frostiikin - Artist / Coder

Varren - Coder

ACStriker - Mapper

Apollyon Woman - Mapper

Starlight - Artist

Jack Septin - Artist

HattyBoyo - Artist

Tripel the fox - Coder / Mapper

DrStephen - Artist

The following I do not know them by their MB account names just their discord names.
|
v

Kanna
- Artist

DaJumpJumpette - Artist / Mapper

CyanideJam - Artist

H0u5n1 - Mapper

Jack Septin - Artist

The following work more as overseers of the project offering help in art/code design and choices.
|
v

SanicTheSanic

Golden

Tatsuru

MotorRoach

Will probably have this list placed in the first post too.

Last edited:
Due to the game being made in Vanilla it’s likely a 2 player game locally, although that isn’t our priority and may not even function in the demo
well, i would like to have 4P to play with my friends here, but that's ok.
thanks for answering me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back