• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Plus’s.... First Announcement! (FINALLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SossistheNotSossig

PlAy RaId ShAdOw LeDgEnDs.
Jesus... that took awhile. Well anyways

SRB2 Plus is how the community thinks the game should be. As this is planned to be a community project after I release the first demo! (that’s if it gets in)

The game will be improved in many areas like:
- Platforming
- Momentum
- Better Transitions
- A few new zones
- Character abilities
- Resprites
- And of course.. Map Revamps.

I hope you’ll be excited to participate in this crazy event that I’m making after the first demo releases!

(I apologize ahead of time if GFZ1 isn’t as cool as GFZ2pog or the Arena Upgrades, I don’t have much ideas on my own, which is why if you want... we could go back and change it. Also i’m on my phone rn so But besides that)

If you want to contact me about the Project, look in my profile for my discord name! (I am banned from the SRB2 OS sadly... but you can find me in Kart Krew!)

Thanks guys!

Ask Questions if you’d like!

(EDIT) I am taking a break on this since I am focusing my time on schoolwork and my character, Krono Sonic. I hope you understand, but I SHOULD have the demo out by mid spring break if all goes as planned. Thank you!

Last edited:
It definitely sounds like an ambitious and interesting idea, and that about how you propose it as a community project might be a way to bring several concepts into one (as well as having different people work on different maps).

That said...it is an indeed ambitious idea from what you propose, and if there's a thing that I had learned some few years ago with SRB2Xtreme is that promising too much only from ideas might end up meaning too much for oneself on a set timespan or current abilities, or setting real high expectations for what seems to be your first project.

It definitely sounds like an ambitious and interesting idea, and that about how you propose it as a community project might be a way to bring several concepts into one (as well as having different people work on different maps).

That said...it is an indeed ambitious idea from what you propose, and if there's a thing that I had learned some few years ago with SRB2Xtreme is that promising too much only from ideas might end up meaning too much for oneself on a set timespan or current abilities, or setting real high expectations for what seems to be your first project.
No this is like my 2nd. I’m working on a character and this. (And Sonic EXE revival) By the way, what you said IS the reason why this will be a community project. I even admitted that the demo won’t be too great in of itself. Over time it will get better. Hell, we’re gonna revamp THZ act 2 cause it sucks. But thanks for the criticism!

knowing the comunity, this thing will be something very amazing and a very big proyect, plz don't forget completing red volcano, dark city, grand eggship and upgrading egg rock

No this is like my 2nd. I’m working on a character and this. (And Sonic EXE revival) By the way, what you said IS the reason why this will be a community project. I even admitted that the demo won’t be too great in of itself. Over time it will get better. Hell, we’re gonna revamp THZ act 2 cause it sucks. But thanks for the criticism!
Well, I'm glad to hear that you are going to try your best, and I can't lie about how the idea intrigues me since I can't tell if you are intending to make modifications/revamps/expansions to the original campaign maps or if you actually want to make whole new maps that stand in for those. Either way, it seems to be a fascinating idea to thread on the original concept but trying to find new spins or ideas for them.

It's easy to complain about others' work and say that you can do it better, and make vague, ambitious promises in an attempt to get others to join, but this thread has an alarming lack of actual tangible content, progress, or any sign that you're even capable of handling a project of this scale.

On the topic of map revamps: Please, just make some good levels of your own, instead of trying to "fix" and revamp our levels for us, thank you. Even if you've got absolutely no original ideas, it would be a much better idea to make new levels built around your "improved" Platforming, Momentum and Character abilities, whatever those improvements may be. It would also be a more productive use of your time to give feedback on SRB2's levels (feedback that's more constructive than "THZ act 2 sucks", preferably), since there are already people in the development team working on making SRB2's levels better.

According to rule 14, evidence of progress is needed to ensure this thread's existence. If progress does not exist, it may also be liable to violating rule 15, since you don't seem to have a team either. You have until 5 PM or this thread will need to be closed.

Welp I hope it doesn't mess up.
A Mod That RuinsFixes SRB2
Post automatically merged:

According to rule 14, evidence of progress is needed to ensure this thread's existence. If progress does not exist, it may also be liable to violating rule 15, since you don't seem to have a team either. You have until 5 PM or this thread will need to be closed.
I was late on this wasn't i.
I'll get some progress, give me a minute.

man now i feel bad reading these comments. I didn't mean your levels were bad, I meant i wanted to make it revamped, not as in "fix" your levels. tbh, i'm not really great at modding anyway. it's hard to do anything and idk where to start without losing hope. I am sorry.

I'll just delete this thread.

Last edited:
man now i feel bad reading these comments. I didn't mean your levels were bad, I meant i wanted to make it revamped, not as in "fix" your levels. tbh, i'm not really great at modding anyway. it's hard to do anything and idk where to start without losing hope. I am sorry.

I'll just delete this thread.
TOP 10 SADDEST ANIME ENDINGS :'|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back