Srb2 on xbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, before you start yelling I was quite curious about this. Xbox has an x86 proc which is basically a pentium 3 celeron. (Even though it has the same 8-way variety found in P3s not the 4-way associative cache found in Celerons. It has the same cache as one) It also has 64 megs of ram, at least it's not a powerpc like an xbox 360. Don't say put windows 95 or 98 on it and then play it because there will be a lot of software overhead. Isn't this the console that is best suited to play srb2?

renegadefury said:
Ok, before you start yelling I was quite curious about this. Xbox has an x86 proc which is basically a pentium 3 celeron. (Even though it has the same 8-way variety found in P3s not the 4-way associative cache found in Celerons. It has the same cache as one) It also has 64 megs of ram, at least it's not a powerpc like an xbox 360. Don't say put windows 95 or 98 on it and then play it because there will be a lot of software overhead. Isn't this the console that is best suited to play srb2?
Ok in order to play it on the xbox you need to port it over which means recoding it so the xbox recolonises it.

There's a port of SRB2 for the original Xbox, but nobody bothers to work on it, unless Logan has been up to stuff?

Cue said:
There's a port of SRB2 for the original Xbox, but nobody bothers to work on it, unless Logan has been up to stuff?
OpenXDK (GCC based) has a broken malloc, and distributing an binary made with Microsoft's Xbox SDK is illegal, because it's statically linked with Microsoft's copyrighted code.

Silent_Snipe said:
renegadefury said:
Ok in order to play it on the xbox you need to port it over which means recoding it so the xbox recolonises it.

Well of course it does, but I asked this since most people seemed interested in other consoles like dreamcast.

renegadefury said:
Silent_Snipe said:
renegadefury said:

Well of course it does, but I asked this since most people seemed interested in other consoles like dreamcast.
Dream cast has already been done but i remember reports about lag.

You need a modded Xbox, which not many people have. The thing about it is that nobody wants to severe their connection to Xbox Live. PS2 chipped? Yeah, why not, it barely had any online play. Ditto for the Gamecube, but Xbox Live is the backbone of the Xbox and chipping it removes that backbone.

TrippleAAA said:
And Also How Did Everybody In This Forum Get A Profile Picture???????????????????????

Why do you use so many question marks????????? *shot*

Anyways, is this 360?, or regular?

Speedylizzard14 said:
TrippleAAA said:
And Also How Did Everybody In This Forum Get A Profile Picture???????????????????????

Why do you use so many question marks????????? *shot*

Anyways, is this 360?, or regular?
360 is a powerpc, it would be even harder putting srb2 on 360.

TrippleAAA said:

Go to Profile (which is at the top of the page). There you can upload an avatar of your own if you want to do so. Besides, not everybody here has an avatar of their own.

Monster Iestyn said:
TrippleAAA said:

Go to Profile (which is at the top of the page). There you can upload an avatar of your own if you want to do so. Besides, not everybody here has an avatar of their own.

TrippleAAA
Tempbanned (Strike 2)

Uhhh

The admins and mods have already made it strictly clear that SRB2 won't be ported to other consoles. That's my opinion of this discussion.

I'm fairly certain that if <insert person here> wanted to port it they could. The problem is no one wants to do it.

Chisuun said:
The admins and mods have already made it strictly clear that SRB2 won't be ported to other consoles. That's my opinion of this discussion.
When did they say that?

Sometime in the middle of SRB2mac SRB2psp and SRB2dreamcast?

NeoJames said:
Chisuun said:
When did they say that?

Sometime in the middle of SRB2mac SRB2psp and SRB2dreamcast?

Well, actually it was just for the DS and PSP discussions. SRB2Xbox would be possible, but rather illegal (though that hasn't stopped people before), not to mention no one will port it, I doubt Alam still works on SRB2DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back