SRB2 on... DSi? Is it Possible?

Yes, i know. SRB2 just can't be playable in a normal DS. Due to the poor RAM powered in the little boy, it runs out of memory once you get to the Title screen. Even if the DS could handle Doom, SRB2 is just to big for a machine so small like the DS itself...

But what about the DSi? I mean, it may sound way too farfetched, if you think about it. But the DSi has been shown to be way more powerful than the normal DS when it comes to Homebrew stuff. Heck, it even plays SM64! Isn't that just swell? It's 16MB RAM may be a slight advangate to at least run GFZ01, even if it's just the 2.0 version. So yeah... there's that. And i know so many people will say that it's impossible, so what? I just came up with this idea, and shared it up to discussion. I'll go now.

i mean ive attempted this before with trying to make one of the old srb2 demo versions to run on the dsi via the doom port for the dsi like it is probably possible the only problem is that i ran into an error since the main srb2 file doesn't have the doom tag or something but i did get the files to load without crashing the dsi but didn't get to boot to the title screen since the file doesn't have that tag. And ive also tried to use the dos for dsi thing to load srb2 dos ports even the srb2 tgf dos port but i ran into an error that wouldn't let me boot the thing.
but overall i think its at least possible to make demo 4 or one of the final demo builds to run on the dsi

Yes, i know. SRB2 just can't be playable in a normal DS. Due to the poor RAM powered in the little boy, it runs out of memory once you get to the Title screen. Even if the DS could handle Doom, SRB2 is just to big for a machine so small like the DS itself...

But what about the DSi? I mean, it may sound way too farfetched, if you think about it. But the DSi has been shown to be way more powerful than the normal DS when it comes to Homebrew stuff. Heck, it even plays SM64! Isn't that just swell? It's 16MB RAM may be a slight advangate to at least run GFZ01, even if it's just the 2.0 version. So yeah... there's that. And i know so many people will say that it's impossible, so what? I just came up with this idea, and shared it up to discussion. I'll go now.
>Supercard DSTwo in your DS
>Expansion Pak

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back