Srb2 iceberg

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll explain what I know.
Color camouflage - Black was banned in Match during 2.0 to prevent camouflage.
Removed Baby Sonic - Versions before v2.2 had a baby Sonic on the loading screen.
Sonic XTreme Placeholders - In extremely early versions of SRB2, sprites from Sonic XTreme were used as placeholders for actual sprites.
SMSFun.exe - When SMS had his final version for Final Demo, he also had an EXE mod that went alongside it made by a friend of Golden Shine. HOWEVER, this .EXE mod had the same netgame ID as vanilla... allowing for major Master Server issues. This then caused the SMS mod to be banned from the Master Server in an attempt to fix the issues.
Not My Community Anymore - Often said by Mystic towards the end of his run.
I'm putting my foot down - Phrase Rob used when enforcing rules of the Old Guard.
Fang teased in the Big April Fools post - Well, the post DID hint at unlockable characters....
Demo 4 Anime Special Stages - Several special stages in Demo 4 outright used music from a specific anime.
Original 3D Brak Eggman Fight - There's this one picture showing a 3D Brak in an arena, likely as a test for the model that the sprites were pre-rendered from.
The CSCS - A real and private Discord server.
What does F stand for? - Referring to FSonic. Whilst it has later been said to just be whatever the person wants... it was originally "Fucking".
Catness.png predicted the future - A drawing by SSNSonic which had Mystic reading a newspaper with a headline of "Mystic Banned" in the background. Yeeeaaaa.
Knux smiley life icon - Pre-final demo versions of SRB2 had a smiley placeholder life icon for Knuckles.
2 hour slowmode - The old guard would often use this whenever someone posted memes in #srb2 on the Discord server.
Christmas SRB2 Dos Exclusivity - SRB2 Christmas refuses to run in DOSBox and must be run in a VM running a version of DOS.
Gaping Mouth Sonic - Some art of Sonic by SSNTails just has him in that stock shock pose with his bottom jaw hitting the floor.
The Port Cult - Likely referring to how once 2.2 released, even with the rules against it, "portlegs" began to pop up en masse.
SAGE 2k Build lost to time - The builds of GFZ shown in the SRB2 SAGE 2000 trailer have been lost to time. That's all.
SSNTails Archives - SSNTails' website until recently had a massive archive of SRB2-related stuff.
Earless Cake - For one of Sonniku's birthdays, SSNTails, since he was nearby, gave him a birthday cake modeled after Earless. Might have also been the other way around.
Mystic Realm v6 - At the time, it was uncertain if this would ever release. It did. And now MRCE exists.
SMSReborn caused the Dev Revolution - ... oh boy. Here we go.
So, Mystic hated SMS. Really hated SMS. So, when SMSReborn released... he may have had a complete meltdown on the official Discord server, and left for a bit. This caused people to begin fully doubting the Old Guard. Then, later, with Mystic back, someone by the name of Purps was discovered to be a Sapheros alt (Sapheros, a well-known coder during the 2.1 era, is also a pedophile). This caused a ruckus on the official server, which is when the topic of Sapheros' original discovery of being a pedophile came up. Mystic accused someone who asked about the identity of the whistleblower back during the original discovery (because them and Sapheros were in a private server together, and they were curious) of also being a pedophile. Obviously, this is irrational reasoning, and EVERYONE got pissed off. Rob stood by this irrational accusation, and Prime v2 simply locked the channel until it calmed down. Either Prime or MrMystery later banned Mystic with the reason "We'll talk about this later". THEN, after Prime handed OS ownership over to someone else, they tried to burn down the OS by switching over to the CS... yea, then he got yeeted. That's when the current dev team emerged. He was later banned from the MB.
Post automatically merged:

Wasn't he also because he did some illegal thing that had the police getting reported as well?
... what?

Mystic was a bad game designer and jaded community leader, NOT a criminal.

Removed Baby Sonic - Versions before v2.2 had a baby Sonic on the loading screen.
Sonic XTreme Placeholders - In extremely early versions of SRB2, sprites from Sonic XTreme were used as placeholders for actual sprites.
SMSFun.exe - When SMS had his final version for Final Demo, he also had an EXE mod that went alongside it made by a friend of Golden Shine. HOWEVER, this .EXE mod had the same netgame ID as vanilla... allowing for major Master Server issues. This then caused the SMS mod to be banned from the Master Server in an attempt to fix the issues.
I'm putting my foot down - Phrase Rob used when enforcing rules of the Old Guard.
Fang teased in the Big April Fools post - Well, the post DID hint at unlockable characters....
Demo 4 Anime Special Stages - Several special stages in Demo 4 outright used music from a specific anime.
Original 3D Brak Eggman Fight - There's this one picture showing a 3D Brak in an arena, likely as a test for the model that the sprites were pre-rendered from.
What does F stand for? - Referring to FSonic. Whilst it has later been said to just be whatever the person wants... it was originally "Fucking".
Catness.png predicted the future - A drawing by SSNSonic which had Mystic reading a newspaper with a headline of "Mystic Banned" in the background. Yeeeaaaa.
Knux smiley life icon - Pre-final demo versions of SRB2 had a smiley placeholder life icon for Knuckles.
2 hour slowmode - The old guard would often use this whenever someone posted memes in #srb2 on the Discord server.
Christmas SRB2 Dos Exclusivity - SRB2 Christmas refuses to run in DOSBox and must be run in a VM running a version of DOS.
Gaping Mouth Sonic - Some art of Sonic by SSNTails just has him in that stock shock pose with his bottom jaw hitting the floor.
The Port Cult - Likely referring to how once 2.2 released, even with the rules against it, "portlegs" began to pop up en masse.
SAGE 2k Build lost to time - The builds of GFZ shown in the SRB2 SAGE 2000 trailer have been lost to time. That's all.
SSNTails Archives - SSNTails' website until recently had a massive archive of SRB2-related stuff.
Earless Cake - For one of Sonniku's birthdays, SSNTails, since he was nearby, gave him a birthday cake modeled after Earless. Might have also been the other way around.
Mystic Realm v6 - At the time, it was uncertain if this would ever release. It did. And now MRCE exists.
So, Mystic hated SMS. Really hated SMS. So, when SMSReborn released... he may have had a complete meltdown on the official Discord server, and left for a bit. This caused people to begin fully doubting the Old Guard. Then, later, with Mystic back, someone by the name of Purps was discovered to be a Sapheros alt (Sapheros, a well-known coder during the 2.1 era, is also a pedophile). This caused a ruckus on the official server, which is when the topic of Sapheros' original discovery of being a pedophile came up. Mystic accused someone who asked about the identity of the whistleblower back during the original discovery (because them and Sapheros were in a private server together, and they were curious) of also being a pedophile. Obviously, this is irrational reasoning, and EVERYONE got pissed off. Rob stood by this irrational accusation, and Prime v2 simply locked the channel until it calmed down. Either Prime or MrMystery later banned Mystic with the reason "We'll talk about this later". THEN, after Prime handed OS ownership over to someone else, they tried to burn down the OS by switching over to the CS... yea, then he got yeeted. That's when the current dev team emerged. He was later banned from the MB.

... what?

Mystic was a bad game designer and jaded community leader, NOT a criminal.
All that Mystic drama happening after SMSReborn, when did that happen?

All that Mystic drama happening after SMSReborn, when did that happen?
IIRC, during April 2020-June 2020. I know that by June 20th, all 3 of the main old guard mods were gone, due to Sev's news post, but I also recall a major time gap between the banning of Mystic alongside Rob stepping down and getting banned, and Prime's ban.

UPDATE: I know for a fact that Eggpack reverted to v2 the same day Purps was discovered to be Sapheros and the same day that it all started to get into action. So, May 17th, 2020 (the day Mystic made false accusations) through June 20th, 2020 (the day Sev announced the staffing changes).

IIRC, during April 2020-June 2020. I know that by June 20th, all 3 of the main old guard mods were gone, due to Sev's news post, but I also recall a major time gap between the banning of Mystic alongside Rob stepping down and getting banned, and Prime's ban.

UPDATE: I know for a fact that Eggpack reverted to v2 the same day Purps was discovered to be Sapheros and the same day that it all started to get into action. So, May 17th, 2020 (the day Mystic made false accusations) through June 20th, 2020 (the day Sev announced the staffing changes).
So right before I joined the community. Glad I missed that lol

"Knuckles can't jump in Europe"?

What's that supposed to mean?
It has to do with European keyboards and the locale involved. Over there in many countries, the convention is that the decimal separator is a comma instead, as opposed to a period (or full stop). When trying to read his jump height factor in version 2.1.0, most computers originating on the continent would misinterpret it, so they goof and think "0.85" actually just means "0" with extra tacked-on values that they don't bother reading and skip. Knuckles became able to specifically jump again there thanks to a day-one fix for this bug coming later with 2.1.1, if memory serves.

It has to do with European keyboards and the locale involved. Over there in many countries, the convention is that the decimal separator is a comma instead, as opposed to a period (or full stop). When trying to read his jump height factor in version 2.1.0, most computers originating on the continent would misinterpret it, so they goof and think "0.85" actually just means "0" with extra tacked-on values that they don't bother reading and skip. Knuckles became able to specifically jump again there thanks to a day-one fix for this bug coming later with 2.1.1, if memory serves.
Wait, so it means that the game's coding worked differently on an European computer? How could other game manage to go around this issue?

So right before I joined the community. Glad I missed that lol
same thing here lol

WAIT KNUCKLES COULDN'T ACTUALLY JUMP IN EUROPE
I THOUGHT THAT WAS SOME SORT OF JOKE
LOL

I actually contributed to that extended iceberg a few months back! It was one hell of a experience gathering the most obscurest info regarding to a Sonic fangame, especially when lots of this info is so obscure you literally have to ask what it actually is.
"Knuckles can't jump in Europe"?

What's that supposed to mean?
Exactly what it says on the tin: thanks to a programming goof Knuckles literally could not jump.
please tell me what eggbooks.png is.
It's a ancient image of SRB2 Eggman crouching and baring his ass to some Sonic OC saying "OOPS! I RIPPED MY PANTS!".
You can't make this shit up.
EGGBOOKS.PNG

can you spoiler all that? because BOY thats a lot of stuff in one post.

Exactly what it says on the tin: thanks to a programming goof Knuckles literally could not jump.
how would that even work? the same exe file is sent when someone downloads it.

how would that even work? the same exe file is sent when someone downloads it.
It's a post in the thread

Mystic is also responsible for my distrust for the remaining adminstration as I discovered the abuse of power through GoldenSMS's video on his experiences and became enraged almost instantly, and thus the one to indirectly cause the split-up between WS & MB as my advice to an influential member of the now WS community who got BTFO'd from MB might have contributed WS to be created in the first place.

That's right. The seeds of distrust between the two forums that kickstarted the drama all harken back to the pre-2.2 community leaders' abuse of power & disgusting failure to live up to the responsibility that comes with the position of power & influence.

So while that trash fire burns brightly in the distance, my personal desire lies in seeing to it that the conduct of the rest of the pre-2.2 crowd is investigated. I want any possible irresponsible mooks among them to be outed before I can trust this site again. And if that requires resorting to EU legislation, particularly GDPR, so be it, I'll accept forever being labeled as the one that destroyed everything that comes with it.

I have nothing to lose at this point. I'm pretty sure lot of people here despise seeing my face around, so I'm beyond the point of no return anyway. "Those who seek revenge best dig two holes: one for themselves & the other for the target of their contempt."

Last edited:
Mystic is also responsible for my distrust for the remaining adminstration as I discovered the abuse of power through GoldenSMS's video on his experiences and became enraged almost instantly, and thus the one to indirectly cause the split-up between WS & MB as my advice to an influential member of the now WS community who got BTFO'd from MB might have contributed WS to be created in the first place.

That's right. The seeds of distrust between the two forums that kickstarted the drama all harken back to the pre-2.2 community leaders' abuse of power & disgusting failure to live up to the responsibility that comes with the position of power & influence.

So while that trash fire burns brightly in the distance, my personal desire lies in seeing to it that the conduct of the rest of the pre-2.2 crowd is investigated. I want any possible irresponsible mooks among them to be outed before I can trust this site again. And if that requires resorting to EU legislation, particularly GDPR, so be it, I'll accept forever being labeled as the one that destroyed everything that comes with it.

I have nothing to lose at this point. I'm pretty sure lot of people here despise seeing my face around, so I'm beyond the point of no return anyway. "Those who seek revenge best dig two holes: one for themselves & the other for the target of their contempt."
uhh, you are aware that the "current administration" is responsible for giving mystic the boot right? Before they all got the boot, mystic was the "producer", and was the highest authority of all within the dev team, and Rob was the lead admininstrator, with the highest power over the forums, discord, etc. Additionally, problematic people from the pre-2.2 community like Kitoko who were being protected by the old guard were also finally given the boot post oldguard removal. Kitoko was an oldbie predator who had been protected by the old guard for a very long time, and was only finally able to be dealt with once they were removed from power.
1682107690253.png

1682107706422.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back