SRB2 History Downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure I have 1.04 on my PC, though it's a patched 1.04 with all of the 1.1 beta EXEs we had (Meaning there's Circuit mode, no working Super Sneakers music, and no act numbers).

EDIT: It seems I also have the original self-extracting EXEs for 1.08, 1.09, and 1.09.3.18 on this old PC. I'll see if I can find 1.09.2 on here, but I think I may have overwritten it.

EDIT2: I didn't find 1.09.2, but I found a folder named SRB2Src1092. At least I have the source. :P

EDIT3: Download links! Sorry for the Sendspace...

1.04: http://www.sendspace.com/file/68wdxg
1.08: http://www.sendspace.com/file/sw6sy6
1.09.2: http://www.sendspace.com/file/q5ur1p (Apparently what I thought was 1.09 was actually 1.09.2.)
I may upload 1.09.3.18 later. It doesn't have a music.dta, though.

Last edited:
FuriousFox, while that archive is named FinalDemo109, it's actually 1.09.2. Which I didn't have, so thanks for that!

Though 1.09 is still the missing link with the Viewtiful Joe music.

How wild is that? If someone finds me more of the versions (1.01-1.04, 1.08, 1.09.0, 1.09.2), I may consider placing all this stuff on the History page.
For the record, I have:

1.09.4a
"1.1" Match Beta

People, start scavenging your hard drives and backups for missing versions, like 2k3, 1.04 and 1.09!

I would love to play the versions from before 1.08 and after Demo 4.35. Too bad I only heard about SRB2 this february, so I don't have it :( And SSN, shouldn't you be supposed to have like every version of SRB2?

Last edited:
Well, I have parts of 1.04, but not enough to make it run. Apparently I preserved the original 1.04 EXE, but not the orignal FMOD. I get errors with FMOD whenever I try to run it ("The procedure entry point _FSOUND_Stream_OpenFile@12 could not be located in the dynamic link library fmod.dll"). If anyone has the 1.04 fmod.dll, I could try to get it working, zip it up, and send it in.

I think it's FMOD 3.46

Look at WizardPreview or Wizard1.exe in my sepwich folder, that might actually have the dll.

WizardPreview got it to work.

I'm not really sure about this EXE... it says it was last modified on June 21, 2003 (2 days after Final Demo came out), but it doesn't have some of the things I remember 1.04 having. The cheaping strategy on Boss2 is fixed (You used to be able to kill him in one jump by repeatedly bouncing off of him), and the game still tries to load O_SHOES when you get super sneakers (I could've sworn it used to simply speed up the music). However, it also has lots of things I remember 1.04 having, such as Chaos mode and the Multithok. I checked the VERSION command, and it says v0.70, so I'm not quite sure what to make of this. Maybe my memory is just playing tricks on me.

EDIT: More stuff that confuses me:

Stuff I remember being in 1.04:
Overpowered Explosion Rings (They explode into red rings that keep traveling until they hit something, as opposed to disappearing shortly after the explosion.)
Cannot actively descend while flying
Cheaping strategy for Boss1 (Get under him and spin)
All of the old music (CEZ1-3, RMZ1, the current Super Sneakers music being the Invincibility music)
Camera doesn't zoom out when climbing
Zim

Stuff that I don't remember being in 1.04:
Intermission timer (Wasn't this added later? I remember people complaining about skipping the intermission screen.)

Download Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/68wdxg

Last edited:
I also have the source code to:
SRB2 Halloween
SRB2Xmas 0.96
Demo 4.35
Final Demo 1.08

How wild is that? If someone finds me more of the versions (1.01-1.04, 1.08, 1.09.0, 1.09.2), I may consider placing all this stuff on the History page.

Well, I'm sure some people have the older versions archived somewhere. Having some of the older versions would be fun, though.
Sadly, I only have 2.0.4

I'm not really sure about this EXE... it says it was last modified on June 21, 2003 (2 days after Final Demo came out), but it doesn't have some of the things I remember 1.04 having.

Maybe it's 1.01 or 1.02? 1.03?

When I found SRB2, it was already at 1.03. It was updated to 1.04 shortly afterwards.

Plus, the EXE was named srb2win1.04.exe. I probably backed it up before I started downloading all of those crashtest EXEs in #'netgame.

Thanks for the links guys. The old MP maps are pretty fun to play around in and such. I like the old RMZ1 music and the Woodland Panic tune from 1.08. Why not put them into a new SRB2 version as a music choice like the old AGZ music?

Meh, I don't like the Special Stages in these versions, they're very hard and some are plain unfair. The multi-thok is very erm... exploitable, imagine if it still existed o_O. I still don't get whats up with the sky stages using DSZ music though.

I believe that they were in the level slot where DSZ was suppose to go in the first place.
Same reason why Zero Ring used boss music in Demo 3.

That's because at the time SRB2 wasn't stealing Sonic: Emerald Quest music for its own purpose yet.

To elaborate on this: 1.04's music.dta is 26MB. 2.0.4's is 58MB. It's more than doubled in size.

Aerial Garden themed music didn't exist in 1.04. DSZ was the next best thing.

To elaborate on the elaboration:

Sonic Emerald Quest was an STJr. fan RPG that got canned. But before it did, Arrow composed a lot of songs for it.

Since SEQ was no more, SRB2 was going strong and the music was just lying there, well, magic.

Check out the the Sonic Emerald Quest section on Arrow's site, Digital Serenade Zone. You'll probably find more than just a few familiar tunes.

Man, I'd LOVE to see the 1.1 demo in the History section, even if it's just regular 2.0 match.

There were tons of "1.1 beta" EXEs. Heck, we had them back in 1.04, which turned out to actually just end up being a beta for 1.08.

I think the most well-known one was the 10th anniversary beta, which was made to test out the v2.0 weapons system. File adding was disabled in it, as it was meant only to test the new weapons system.

I think the most well-known one was the 10th anniversary beta, which was made to test out the v2.0 weapons system. File adding was disabled in it, as it was meant only to test the new weapons system.
This is the one I have. I'm not discussing any of the countless private builds, especially since I never saw any of them.

I believe that this 1.1 was the one meant for irc only and got "leaked" to the fourm. I snagged it from a forum leak link.

Heh, this discussion of 1.1 beta EXEs got me to go back and play one of those 1.04 1.1 betas. Fun fact: Circuit Race mode and the "Internet" option on the Join Game (Search) menu existed near the end of 1.04, but not during 1.08. Neither of them made a return until 1.09.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back