SRB2 Halloween project (srb2weenprojbu.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaber

Emblem Radar Ready
As few of you know. I'm working on a SRB2 Halloween Project where the first zone is the original level from the old Halloween demo. At this point I'm releasing what I have seeing as it's so close to Halloween.

This version has 3 unlockables: Level select, hidden zone 1, and hidden zone 2 (Real names withheld to not spoil what they are)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/04xg1b (file size 1.72 MB) (Link updated with minor fix to an unlockable. Player 1 start was in the wrong spot.)

The following are screen shots taken in software mode.

srb20168.png
Tails in Old Halloween Zone
srb20170.png
I was going for mode 7 style Jazz 1 style Special Stages
srb20172.png

srb20173.png
First shots of Mystic Castle Zone (Original by Sales)
srb20174.png
The original path by Sales.
srb20175.png
My add on.
srb20176.png
What are end signs doing here?
srb20177.png
Waiting to boot you out of the level, that's what.
srb20180.png
Caged up Goombas (they are actually facing the wall behind them)

C+C is wanted and will be taken into consideration.

Also here is a list of how many emerald token are currently on each act.
OHZ1: 2 tokens (hint there is a fake wall near where you start)
OHZ2: 1 token
MCZ: 4 tokens
HZ2: 2 tokens (Zone is a beta to be added in compleatly later. Like CEZ was)

Those levels looks a bit cramped. Also, is that signpost trying to simulate the EXIT signs from the JJ1 special stages? It looks like a useless gimmick to me.

Yeah, I caught that.. one of those screenshots looks very Super Mario Kart-ey.

Hmm, as long as there's enough room to run around the EXIT signs, it's fine by me. They also need to add something to the gameplay, not just be off to the side. And maybe, perhaps, replace it with a different graphic. Do you every really see an end sign-post graphic in a special stage?

Another thing, those special stages look a tad too small, although I haven't tried them yet. Is your movement stopped when you try to run off the special stage? Small, thin platforms never really work well in 3D Sonic.

No, Sonic CD's special stages are more free-form. You can jump over barriers and such. Go play Jazz Jackrabbit (the demo works fine). You'll see what I mean.

For those of you unfamiliar with JJ1's special stages:

JJ1Special1.png

JJ1Special2.png

Notice how the special stages from this level pack conform much more to those from JJ1.

Oh my...

Now im sure that these stages look like they came from Jazz jackrabbit...

Heh... Maybe for the water, there could be like an invisible FOF there or something...
Unless... If Jazz jackrabbit didnt have those off road like areas blocked by an invisible wall...

Yeah, you can't walk off-road. You just slide along. It's a lot less open than Sonic CD's special stages. It's like a sort of maze.

They were blocked. At first when I starded making the special stage I didn't know about the invisable FOF. It wasn't untill somewhere durring the development of the Spiral Mountain Battle field that I found out abouth them and put them in.

Edit: Before any of you go and download Jazz Jackrabbit get either Dos box (preferred) or a sound card emulator.

FoxBlitzz said:
For those of you unfamiliar with JJ1's special stages:

[2 pics]

Notice how the special stages from this level pack conform much more to those from JJ1.

Hahaha, brings back sooo many memories.

Anyway, those screens look great, although there might be some more room for the poor toads. They can hardly move.

God, you're not supposed to be here. You're supposed to be IP banned for evading a ban. And lose the green text.

GCFreak said:
God, you're not supposed to be here. You're supposed to be IP banned for evading a ban. And lose the green text.

I told FuriousFox about him, but whatever.

I didn't expect to see this bumped up. At least the link still works. But I found an error in my wad. Getting sent to the credits after the special stage doen't unlock any thing. I suggest to add SMS to get the all emerald emblem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back