SRB2 for Dreamcast Beta 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, yea, Beta 4 out now

Spazzo said:
make a DS port, now! *burned to a floppy disk*
yea, right... a DS port?, give me a version of SRB2 that runs with 4MB of memory, becuase that's how much memory the DS have

brianv said:
Well, the dc is reading it, but as a music cd :eek: But when I try playing the music, nothing plays :cry:
Actually, it only reads GD-ROMs (the disks of the original games) and CD-Audio. And you didn't hear anything because that CD doesn't have any music inside. :P

BlazeHedgehog said:
Walter RPG´s said:
Only one question (or equal pair of in): What do I have to make? :(
1. The file download
2. on which burn? (cd/DVD??)
3. into the Dreamcast put (the respective Disc)
4. Play?

I do not know so well English however help me please.

walter

http://home.comcast.net/~mlmars/SRB2DC3.rar

This should be an ISO, a disc image. Use a CD burning program to burn this to a CD-R (Not CD-RW).

brianv said:
So does it run smooth on dreamcast, because I had a little urge to download it, but if it ran at like 10fps, I won't get it.

Beta 2 ran about 5-10fps average. Beta 3 runs at about 15-20fps on average. Note, however, that these are averages. There are areas in SRB2DC where you will get 35fps (the full, smoothest framerate possible), and there are also a couple areas where you will get 5fps. However, to put it simply: Beta 3 runs at a playable speed.

Really, right now, the only things SRB2DC needs to do to make me happy enough...

- Sound (this will take the longest, I understand)
- The ability to finally load outside WADs (I can't ever addfile to work)
- The fix to get the game to stop running out of memory when loading certain maps (THZ1), which I understand is ready to go for the next beta.

Framerate is stable enough for play and VMU saving... I'm wary letting homebrew touch my VMU since usually Homebrew VMU saves are horribly bloated and there've been a couple times where a program like NesterDC will eat a few blocks of my VMU that I can't get back without reformatting it.

The only thing that worries me is imagining how Mystic Realm might be on SRB2DC. SRB2DC seems to choke when it has to render large rooms, and Mystic Realm is full of some of the most complex maps in the game. =P That and Sonic: Into Dreams. Those are gonna be framerate killers.

And then LIKE THAT as it is simply burn? on a normal one CD r? :?
put then into DC? but which is with the newer version?

please answer fast!
Walter

Considering Yousendit allows files which are up to 1 gigabyte, I doubt it. Plus, it's not like a direct download would be distributed among many people, considering most are perfectly content with torrenting or peer-to-peer filesharing.

Or, ya know, just making their own disc image. I do, especially considering my demo of Nero expired YONKS ago and I use DiscJuggler now.

BlazeHedgehog said:
One bug I noticed in this is that the THZ3 boss doesn't act right. He keeps appearing at random in certain parts of his cycle rather than fly around in a circle (Kiddo calls it "popping"). I'm not sure if this is a side-effect of me using the map command or if it's a problem with the Dreamcast port.
Page 9

ok, I updated the readme about this

Code:
Bugs/Problems
---------------------------------
1) the Screen refresh is slow... 
    NOT!    It's FIXED! well to a point...
2) SRB2 uses alot of double floating point numbers, but the SH4 CPU can only do
    single flating points, alot of precision is lost
3) Due to bug 2, the THZ Boss jumps around
4) all other crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back