brianv said:
RenegadeC said:
Dreamcast deserves a port far more then the XBox :P
Does the dc run it smooth? Because if not, I know something that can :mrgreen:

you know what brianv? you are real annoying
so let me make this clear
I am not going to put a Xbox port up for download

and before you ask why?, let me answer this stupid questions beforehand

OpenXDK version: alloca() is not working, and alloca() is a very important C runtime function for SRB2
XDK version: ahh, I can't legaly hand this version out, soo no SRB2XBOX for you

So, let me make this clear, THERE SHALL NO XBOX version for download
ok? good.

Logan_GBA said:
brianv said:
RenegadeC said:
Dreamcast deserves a port far more then the XBox :P
Does the dc run it smooth? Because if not, I know something that can :mrgreen:

you know what brianv? you are real annoying
so let me make this clear
I am not going to put a Xbox port up for download

and before you ask why?, let me answer this stupid questions beforehand

OpenXDK version: alloca() is not working, and alloca() is a very important C runtime function for SRB2
XDK version: ahh, I can't legaly hand this version out, soo no SRB2XBOX for you

So, let me make this clear, THERE SHALL NO XBOX version for download
ok? good.
So does it run smooth on dreamcast, because I had a little urge to download it, but if it ran at like 10fps, I won't get it.

I dunno, it ran a little choppy for me at times. I mean, this IS, right now, something of a proof-of-concept, so it's not too big a worry, but still...

Wait! You can only walk backwards and forwards with the dc controller? :cry:
Good thing I didn't waste one of my cds yet.

brianv said:
Wait! You can only walk backwards and forwards with the dc controller? :cry:
Good thing I didn't waste one of my cds yet.
that was in beta 2, it's fixed in beta 3

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Not unless you use a CD-RW to at least experience it on the DC.
you can't use CD-RWs in a dreamcast unless you mod it's laser

Walter RPG´s said:
Only one question (or equal pair of in): What do I have to make? :(
1. The file download
2. on which burn? (cd/DVD??)
3. into the Dreamcast put (the respective Disc)
4. Play?

I do not know so well English however help me please.

walter

http://home.comcast.net/~mlmars/SRB2DC3.rar

This should be an ISO, a disc image. Use a CD burning program to burn this to a CD-R (Not CD-RW).

brianv said:
So does it run smooth on dreamcast, because I had a little urge to download it, but if it ran at like 10fps, I won't get it.

Beta 2 ran about 5-10fps average. Beta 3 runs at about 15-20fps on average. Note, however, that these are averages. There are areas in SRB2DC where you will get 35fps (the full, smoothest framerate possible), and there are also a couple areas where you will get 5fps. However, to put it simply: Beta 3 runs at a playable speed.

Really, right now, the only things SRB2DC needs to do to make me happy enough...

- Sound (this will take the longest, I understand)
- The ability to finally load outside WADs (I can't ever addfile to work)
- The fix to get the game to stop running out of memory when loading certain maps (THZ1), which I understand is ready to go for the next beta.

Framerate is stable enough for play and VMU saving... I'm wary letting homebrew touch my VMU since usually Homebrew VMU saves are horribly bloated and there've been a couple times where a program like NesterDC will eat a few blocks of my VMU that I can't get back without reformatting it.

The only thing that worries me is imagining how Mystic Realm might be on SRB2DC. SRB2DC seems to choke when it has to render large rooms, and Mystic Realm is full of some of the most complex maps in the game. =P That and Sonic: Into Dreams. Those are gonna be framerate killers.

And of course, I'm itching to be able to make an SRB2JTEDC with some extra DC-only things. I've been playing with VMU programming a lot, maybe I can make a small VMU game? :lol: That'd be neat.

Hey, can someone just make something, already ready for burning to a disc like in a zip file, so I can just nzip it and burn? Because that guide to burning it confused me. And will it work if I have something little on the disc(I dont have any fully blank discs :x ). Or will the dc read that file and say wtf and delete all my vmu saves?

brianv said:
Hey, can someone just make something, already ready for burning to a disc like in a zip file, so I can just nzip it and burn? Because that guide to burning it confused me. And will it work if I have something little on the disc(I dont have any fully blank discs :x ). Or will the dc read that file and say wtf and delete all my vmu saves?

You're kind of dense. :? A link to an ISO has been posted three times in this topic already.

That makes four. You also don't seem to understand how these things work; why the hell would your Dreamcast delete all your VMU saves? It's not a living creature. It's not going to do it to spite you just because you're playing SRB2 on it. SRB2DC only reckognizes and accesses the files it needs to access. Currently, SRB2DC has no VMU support. It does not interact with the VMU at all.

brianv said:

I already posted the link, just unrar it and burn the image! (track at once)

BlazeHedgehog said:
brianv said:

You're kind of dense. :? A link to an ISO has been posted three times in this topic already.

I'm sorry, I didn't see that link before, I guess I should be a little more careful.
Yo, wtf, the dreamcast reads it as a music cd.

1. Is your DC configured properly?
2. Are you using a CD-R, or a CD-RW?

I honestly don't know, but my DC runs it fine, so it may just depend on the model you bought.

Brainv, you have to burn using nero burning rom, and you have to burn track-at-once.

Also, you can't just drag the image in, you have to choose "Burn Image"

Oh yeah, you also have to have a big 1 with a circle around it on the bottom of your DC for it to read CD-Rs.

Wow, I'm confused lol.
Maybe its just because my dc has always been fucked up lol. What I mean is, when its loading something, the gears make a loud noise...I can fix it, too lazy.
How I burned it to the disc was I just opened drive D and dragged the file to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back