SRB2 Doom Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to tell DB where SRB2.SRB is, so it can load textures and palettes and so on. In some circumstances it will prompt you to show it where it is, but otherwise you can set it on your own initiative by choosing the Files tab from the Configuration dialogue, which you can access from the Tools menu. There you'll find a list of all installed game configurations -- just one by default in SRB2DB -- for each of which you can set the corresponding IWAD.

SRB2DB build 24 (I think?) colors all 0-height sectors' linedefs as if they were one-sided. I can find this useful for beginning mappers, but as an experienced mapper, I find it really confusing and also a little mind-wracking as I already know the ins and outs of linedefs, sectors, et al. Perhaps make it an option?

The CFG files i have are:

builder.cfg
colorschemes.cfg
fofpresets.cfg
shortcuts.cfg
srb2ex.cfg
srb2.cfg

Which one am i missing?

Shy Dog said:

builder.cfg
colorschemes.cfg
fofpresets.cfg
shortcuts.cfg
srb2ex.cfg
srb2.cfg

Which one am i missing?
Did you install SRB2DB on top of ordinary Doom Builder? That won't work, because the config files are incompatible. Install them in separate places.

Shy Dog said:

builder.cfg
colorschemes.cfg
fofpresets.cfg
shortcuts.cfg
srb2ex.cfg
srb2.cfg

Which one am i missing?
You're missing the Parameters.cfg file and the SOC.cfg file.

Vash said:
I downloaded it from that link.

EDIT: I don't believe, I know
Sorry, I meant Sky Dog. Your installation seems to have the correct files, but his is missing them, for whatever reason.

Yeah, I should really label more clearly the fact that the non-installer one is just a patch... Glad you got it sorted out.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Have an option that lets you change the Doom Builder devil's face, since it's SRB2DB. Not just the icon, though.
I've avoided doing that so far (and the same for not removing 'Doom' from the name) to reinforce the idea that SRB2DB is in large part the same program as DB, and hence overwhelmingly CodeImp's work.

This doesn't apply to the rewrite, however: it gets its own icon.

Sonic Lord 666 said:
I tried to Download it but it doesnt work. Do you have to hace a spesified computer.
No, you don't. Make sure to download the complete version, and not the patch for previous versions. It also doesn't add any icons to the Start Menu; you need to run it from the directory into which you installed it. There are also some reported problems with Vista.

What exactly was the problem you had? An error message? If so, what did it say?

You know what would be awesome? An SRB2 Wad Author, or at least an updated WCF so that the newer specials actually appear on the list, instead of editing the raw data to insert them...

T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back