MAP EDITOR WITH SRB2(CB) & 3D SLOPE EDITING SUPPORT and MORE:
This is a mod of Code Imp's Doom Builder 2 project
(For more information, see: http://www.doombuilder.com/ )
Doom Builder 2 has now been modded with extended support for SRB2+(CB).
The major advantage of this new editor is its stability and support for better real time 3D editing (including Slopes!)
Changes from original Doom Builder 2:
- You can change the Z height of objects
- SRB2's FOFs can be edited in 3D mode WITH TRANSPARENCY IN 3D
- Higher distance limit for the 3D editor(since many SRB2 maps can be quite large)
- Support for SRB2CB's slopes (including new "Copy Slope by Linedef" effect)
A configuration file for SRB2CB has been included with this release, it should work with both default SRB2 and SRB2CB.
There's a ton of new features that come with the editor itself:
- Organized lists of textures (So that when adding multiple textures, you can sort through them by file, also support for SRB2CB's TX_START is built right in!)
- You don't have to finish drawing redundant lines when making sectors that share lines from other sectors - Just press enter when the lines you're drawing can make up a full sector(more description later)
- Better support for external resources
- Sort by sector darkness
- Much more!
Some features that SRB2 Doom Builder 1 had may be missing from this release, but for most purposes, this is a stable, usable release.
Download & Setup:
Download the required dependency files for this to run (NOTE: This is only required if you've never installed Doom Builder 2 before):
Extract and install both exes inside the zip
Download the actual map editor:
Extract the map editor to a folder and it should run anywhere you want to keep it.
3) Setup the game configuration for SRB2CB
Add the resource files
Go to Tools->Game Configurations
A window will pop up
Select SRB2CB from the list on the left
Click on Add Resource - A window will pop up
Under From Wad File, select the folder icon and find your SRB2 folder
add srb2.srb to the list
NOTE: You can add any other file you want to load with every map (like SRB2CB.dta for example)
Enable the FOFs and Slopes
To enable 3D mode, under the same window you added SRB2's resources, select the "Modes" tab
Make sure "GZDoom Visual Mode" is ENABLED (it's near the top of the list) and "Visual Mode" is DISABLED (it's at the bottom of the list)
Source Code (Not required to run the program)
Suggestions are welcome
- When you select multiple sectors in the 3D map editor, you can actually edit the height of multiple sectors at the same time!
So you can, for example, select multiple sectors that make up some stairs, and make them all of the selected sectors scroll up and down in the right proportion. This can seriously save a lot of time when making a map!
- There's an undo/redo panel on the right side of the map editor, mouse over to get a detailed list of everything you changed in a map - all the way back to when the file was last opened!
- You can copy-paste parts of other maps into each other just like before - And it even supports copy-pasting between different map formats (could be handy if something like UDMF comes around
- Hold shift when drawing a line or move something to unsnap from the grid
- You can customize the grid size and zoom level in the lower right hand corner of the map editor
You actually can do rotations and flipping like the old SRB2DB1, but this is actually MORE powerful:
- Select any object or group of objects - a sector, a linedef, or a group of map objects, or any combination.
- Press E - A box will appear around your selection allowing you to move or transform anything selected.
- A new panel will appear on the right of the map editor window called "Edit Selection" - mouse over this panel to show options to rotate, and scale the selection - You have an option for both horizontal and vertical scaling as well now!
More pictures should be added to this topic or a wiki page should be made to make these descriptions clearer