Sonic's house Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sales said:
FuriousFox said:
Sales, the reason I say it's a hangout wad is because it barely works at all for match, much in the same way as SA-City. The way that the rings are all bunched up in one tiny area of the map, and the way that you can't get out of that area once you're in it shows that you don't want people shooting each other in the map, despite the fact that you say it's a match level. The overall design doesn't work at ALL for match, yet it's perfect for hangout and roleplay. If you don't want your levels to be labeled as hangout wads, then start designing your levels correctly.

YOU DON'T GET IT!!!
I don't want people shooting the audience at all so you can't have rings in the house. Also people say that the hallways are too small for a match so that's another reason to why you can't have rings in the house.

It's match, people are SUPPOSED to be shooting each other. There isn't supposed to be an audience, everyone is supposed to be playing. If they're just standing around, then that's called hanging out, which is against master server rules. And if people say that the halls are too small for match, then make them bigger.

I'll Begin said:
Why not take this wad down?

Why not take JTE down? *shot*
I miss the days of which when hang-outs where allowed. Oh burn.

EDIT: You know FF, not every server is on the MS.

Shu said:
I'll Begin said:

JTE remains up because the it actually has SOME useful content in it, such as bots. The main problem with it is that people seem to think that simply loading srb2jte.wad will make SRB2JTE work. I've already spoken with JTE about the hangout problem, and he says that he will fix SA-City to be unplayable in 1.09.4 if he ever decides to update it.

Also, hangout servers have been against the rules ever since the Master Server was first created, the rules just weren't enforced the same way they are now. Back then, we simply grabbed a group of people from #srb2fun, went into the netgame, and started blasting everyone with rings.

FuriousFox said:
Shu said:
I'll Begin said:

JTE remains up because the it actually has SOME useful content in it, such as bots. The main problem with it is that people seem to think that simply loading srb2jte.wad will make SRB2JTE work. I've already spoken with JTE about the hangout problem, and he says that he will fix SA-City to be unplayable in 1.09.4 if he ever decides to update it.

Also, hangout servers have been against the rules ever since the Master Server was first created, the rules just weren't enforced the same way they are now. Back then, we simply grabbed a group of people from #srb2fun, went into the netgame, and started blasting everyone with rings.

What about the people that want to be with friends in a server and not get hit by rings or have the level end on them from someone getting to the end of a level?!
Those people might want a level where they can safely talk with each other and not be hit by other players.

Also if you added an rpg mode then you might not get this problem.

Sales said:
What about the people that want to be with friends in a server and not get hit by rings or have the level end on them from someone getting to the end of a level?!
Those people might want a level where they can safely talk with each other and not be hit by other players.

Those people can go to a chatroom, like most other people do. We have an IRC chatroom for a reason, and there are also countless numbers of instant messaging programs out there. How about those people use one of those instead of wasting normal netgamers' time because the netgamers join a game expecting a Match or Coop, only to realize they've stumbled into a chatroom instead.

Sales said:

That's just a fancy way of describing Hangout/Chat/Etc.
Master Server rule 1 said:
No chat, roleplay, hangout/chilling/party/etc. servers. The Master Server is for netgames where people are actually playing the game the way it is intended to be played. If you want to chat, roleplay, or hangout, either use a chatroom or host without advertising on the Master Server.
This rule states that you CAN have hangout servers, but you can't advertise them on the Master Server. If you want a hangout map, don't release it on the forums, but send it to your friends or allow players to download it when they join your server.

I'll Begin said:
Sales said:

No chat, roleplay, hangout/chilling/party/etc. servers. The Master Server is for netgames where people are actually playing the game the way it is intended to be played. If you want to chat, roleplay, or hangout, either use a chatroom or host without advertising on the Master Server.
This rule states that you CAN have hangout servers, but you can't advertise them on the Master Server. If you want a hangout map, don't release it on the forums, but send it to your friends or allow players to download it when they join your server.

I CAN'T HOST A SERVER THAT PEOPLE CAN JOIN OVER THE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah man, that sounded like fun! (But what if the server turned ring slinger off?)

And Sales, If you keep this up the topic is gona get locked. (Come to think of it, it probaly already is.)

Sales said:
I'll Begin said:
Sales said:

I CAN'T HOST A SERVER THAT PEOPLE CAN JOIN OVER THE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!
Then go play a game that's MEANT for hangout, like Habbo Hotel.

Obviously you don't like any criticism at all be it good or bad. You think it's all bad.

Also all caps usually eaqual (incoming example) NET YELLING! (end example)

nice design on the house its great but i was just wondering if u can just see the house from outside then go in it :mrgreen: but its more better like this

I just wish you could go in those doors....

Nice WAD, the music just bugs me. The Special Stage song fits in well.

Chaos said:

With a Christmas/X-mas themed level?!?

ninja said:
nice design on the house its great but i was just wondering if u can just see the house from outside then go in it :mrgreen: but its more better like this

Thanks for the compliment.(I don't know how to double quote in one post.)

I'll Begin said:
Watch out Ninja, Sales will take that compliment as an insult.
Sales said:
ninja said:

Thanks for the compliment.(I don't know how to double quote in one post.)

Not what you were expecting were you, I'll Begin?

Sales, to double quote you just copy the first quote, hit back, then hit quote on the next post. Then you paste the first quote either before or after the second.

Chaos said:

Why? There is currently nothing behind them. Also which tunes number? 50 or 51 (either one playes music.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back