• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic X (X-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
images.jpg

my favorite thing about him that i saw in the trailer is how he jumps on top of the enemies in such a cartoony manner it looks like it came straight outta the episodes haha
Post automatically merged:

spriters doing a great job at what they're good at :shitsfree:

Yeah, that little squish effect when he lands on enemies with the snap dive (it also shows up during the underwater boost fail, which is also a straight-up reference to episode 1 of Sonic X- ay, more mythology gags!) really helps to sell the animated vibe of Sonic.

Also, can you all stop treating this like a Discord chat?
We've asked this multiple times. No need to greet eachother. Every time you people go on these tangents we start heading toward the thread getting locked. Shut the fuck up unless you have anything meaningful to say or ask.
peploe can say bad words here?!?!

it's a joke

Lol

it's a joke
Yes, but you’re still failing to follow instructions to keep this about X Sonic. This isn’t a Discord server. Don’t treat it like one.
i did not know that
Maybe if you read the rules you would notice a lack of a “no swearing” rule.
So people would like to know about the map in the X Sonic trailer around 49 to 53 seconds in the video.
That is a map I am calling for the time being... Infiltration Fortress, Which aims to recreate the opening scene in Sonic X's first episode.
It's a collaboration between myself and @SonicX8000. I don't think it will be done to be a package for X Sonic's release, though I may release it standalone or through an OLDC whenever I do finish it and I have that chance.

I'll only show off the interesting parts, as the first section is just an empty grass hallway curve with some trees and bushes.

EXTERIOR
View attachment 108450
X8 did a fantastic job of recreating the Eggman's fortress tower, it's stunning! And thanks to @OrdoMandalore for the spotlights.
Here's a top-down shot of the fortress from the front:
View attachment 108451
And from the back:
View attachment 108452

INTERIOR
Not much has been made for the interior. However, there is the hallway scene from the shot where Sonic is being chased by one of Eggman's Behemoth robots. (The giant ones)
View attachment 108455
X8 Also put a lot of attention to detail in this hallway. It was made entirely by him and edited a bit by @Golden Shine, for the end and the items scattered around.
View attachment 108456
View attachment 108457
View attachment 108458
Seriously, this is crazy good attention to detail. They did a wonderful job!

And with that being said, that's all I've got for the map. I plan to turn it into something even greater someday.
They really did do an amazing job! I really hope it does appear as a full level at some point because this genuinely looks stunning.

Is blur going to put rail grinding sprites beacause I think I saw it on another page or maybe he was just using it as a concept

I don't know what uses rail grinding would do in SRB2, but there could be a few really good and cool scenarios to utilize it.

They're in there!
Sorry for annoying, but i have a question regarding the railgrinding sprite.

In the sprites Sonic was using the Soap shoes, so are there gonna be different shoes or is it just for the railgrinding?

wait, did sonic even railgrind in the show? its been way too long since i've watched it so i cant remember
In season 3, Chris designed the soap shoes for Sonic to wear. I don't remember what episode, but he'd go on to use them by grinding on some vines in one of the worlds killed by the Metarex.
It was a bit of a gimmick in the 3rd season for Chris to create new shoes for Sonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back