• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic X (X-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would mean you'll lose it for the rest of the game if you get all the emeralds. It may be a problem if you're both a completionist and a fan of Dark Sonic (very specific, I know).
Also, I don't remember anything in the show saying "Dark Sonic is weaker than Super Sonic"...

That would mean you'll lose it for the rest of the game if you get all the emeralds. It may be a problem if you're both a completionist and a fan of Dark Sonic (very specific, I know).
Also, I don't remember anything in the show saying "Dark Sonic is weaker than Super Sonic"...
Wasn't dark sonic more powerful than super sonic, he literally destroyed like 2 meterex in 1 second each , super sonic had trouble doing it
Post automatically merged:

But dark sonic was also powered by the fake emeralds

Dark sonic could be triggered by taking multiple hits or something, but I don't know if there's a way to check for that.

It would be cool if when another player died within your vicinity during a boss or something in multiplayer, Sonic would get closer to becoming Dark Sonic.
Post automatically merged:

Unfortunately we've only seen Dark Sonic once.
And for only a few seconds. We aren't aware of what he's really capable of, or if he's stronger or weaker.
well at the very least we know he's at least just as strong, as most people tend to agree he's triggered by the negative energy in the chaos emeralds, along with extreme negative emotions. People also tend to agree Dark Sonic has 2 phases. That kinda Dark Blue Sonic, and then actual Dark Sonic.

Edit: Just thought of something. When enough players die, instead of immediately turning dark, he goes into that before phase I was talking about. (Dark Blue) but Dark Sonic is activated when he tries to turn Super in this state.

Last edited:
Throwing my hat into the ring as a possible idea since I see several people talking about Dark Sonic, how about a timer that measures how long X Sonic has spent without rings?
Initially the timer could be somewhat lengthy, but taking hits that take him down to 0 rings (meaning taking hits with shields on wouldn't count) could speed up that timer until you get a prompt that'd allow you to transform, like an extra transformation button? Either have assignated butons for Super and Dark respectively, maybe a toggle as to the player's preference, or maybe the option (so as long as it's available) could be in rotation every second or 2?
Oh, and maybe this could happen so as long as the player has enough emeralds-- perhaps at least 2 or 3, so that the player doesn't discover it TOO soon?
I feel that's a condition everyone can achieve in some way without locking it away behind something like Multiplayer, since I feel that's a bit off-hand for content.

Why should dark appear in this mod at all? We have only seen him for a split second and the rest is really just fan stuff, doesn't really define X Sonic, plus it will make it easier for blur not to include him, think of the man's sanity for once

Why should dark appear in this mod at all? We have only seen him for a split second and the rest is really just fan stuff, doesn't really define X Sonic, plus it will make it easier for blur not to include him, think of the man's sanity for once
... Actually, you're right.

I apologize for adding to the thread unnecessarily! :dramahog:

…Because Dark Sonic, despite only appearing in for like one second, is still one of the most know part of the show, to the point where people have repeatedly asked if SEGA has any ideas of reintroducing him, not just because people think he's cool, but because people think there's alot of untapped potential within the idea of Dark Sonic. It would also be another way to make the character more diverse.
Throwing my hat into the ring as a possible idea since I see several people talking about Dark Sonic, how about a timer that measures how long X Sonic has spent without rings?
Initially the timer could be somewhat lengthy, but taking hits that take him down to 0 rings (meaning taking hits with shields on wouldn't count) could speed up that timer until you get a prompt that'd allow you to transform, like an extra transformation button? Either have assignated butons for Super and Dark respectively, maybe a toggle as to the player's preference, or maybe the option (so as long as it's available) could be in rotation every second or 2?
Oh, and maybe this could happen so as long as the player has enough emeralds-- perhaps at least 2 or 3, so that the player doesn't discover it TOO soon?
I feel that's a condition everyone can achieve in some way without locking it away behind something like Multiplayer, since I feel that's a bit off-hand for content.
Maybe instead of Sonic going Dark only with 2 or 3 emeralds, he turns into this sort of pseudo-Dark Sonic as seen here, like in my suggestion:
DARKSONIC2.png

But when he gets all the emeralds, he can go true Dark Sonic and Super.

…Because Dark Sonic, despite only appearing in for like one second, is still one of the most know part of the show, to the point where people have repeatedly asked if SEGA has any ideas of reintroducing him, not just because people think he's cool, but because people think there's alot of untapped potential within the idea of Dark Sonic. It would also be another way to make the character more diverse.

Maybe instead of Sonic going Dark only with 2 or 3 emeralds, he turns into this sort of pseudo-Dark Sonic as seen here, like in my suggestion:
DARKSONIC2.png

But when he gets all the emeralds, he can go true Dark Sonic and Super.
I still personally think it's pointless but ok

Dark Sonic is something I WANT to add. It may be fanservice, but wouldn't it be sick as hell to play as Dark Sonic with the Sonic that it was introduced in?
I still have yet to figure out a way to put him in, but I have read all of these ideas.
Well if you want to add it then that's cool, I was just saying how I personally feel about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back