• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic X (X-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah but still he never runs on water, blueblur said the mod was gonna be anime accurate
1705385694232.png

If we're being accurate X sonic, during season 3, was given air shoes just as Shadow wears.

As far as the show was concerned he was never willing to even go near the ocean of his own choice let alone run on it, but at the same time the show adapted material from the advanced games which also feature sonic traveling on water after he passes the speed limit. To add, in that very same episode, he later does a spin dash on the water and while you COULD credit such to the shoes, given how sonic had to move while wearing them(very slowly and more in a skating motion) the argument could be made that he could easily run on water but the show makes a point he's openly unwilling to do virtually anything if it were his choice when it comes to deep water.
1705386186624.png

There's also an episode 16 where he gets a ring while on the water behind a jet skin and is able to ring burst/spin dash just fine support the idea he could easily run it at his top speed(when his legs usually do the spinball animation), he's just unwilling to risk the mere idea that if he slows down he ends up under water.
1705386586221.png

All that said, I don't feel water run needs to be a native feature to him nor is there a need to turn the one off air shoes into a feature, other mods add in water running as is: Boostmentum, MMT, and even Crossmomentum all add that feature by default with MMT even letting you set a minimum speed requirement.

View attachment 109317
If we're being accurate X sonic, during season 3, was given air shoes just as Shadow wears.

As far as the show was concerned he was never willing to even go near the ocean of his own choice let alone run on it, but at the same time the show adapted material from the advanced games which also feature sonic traveling on water after he passes the speed limit. To add, in that very same episode, he later does a spin dash on the water and while you COULD credit such to the shoes, given how sonic had to move while wearing them(very slowly and more in a skating motion) the argument could be made that he could easily run on water but the show makes a point he's openly unwilling to do virtually anything if it were his choice when it comes to deep water.
View attachment 109318
There's also an episode 16 where he gets a ring while on the water behind a jet skin and is able to ring burst/spin dash just fine support the idea he could easily run it at his top speed(when his legs usually do the spinball animation), he's just unwilling to risk the mere idea that if he slows down he ends up under water.
View attachment 109319
All that said, I don't feel water run needs to be a native feature to him nor is there a need to turn the one off air shoes into a feature, other mods add in water running as is: Boostmentum, MMT, and even Crossmomentum all add that feature by default with MMT even letting you set a minimum speed requirement.
yeah point taken, i'd just personally say that i don't really think water running is needed, not that i wouldn't want it, just it wouldn't really be needed y'know? But i DO see your point.

Hey there! Recently joined just to say I'm super excited for this mod you're working on, it's not only bought me back to SRB2 but also Sonic X as a whole, you and those working on this have managed to encapsulate childhood so well and I cannot wait for release. Looking forward to watching progress and remember to take breaks! Passion is the forefront of this and it shows! 💙 (I've watched the trailer like 20 times haha)

Hey there! Recently joined just to say I'm super excited for this mod you're working on, it's not only bought me back to SRB2 but also Sonic X as a whole, you and those working on this have managed to encapsulate childhood so well and I cannot wait for release. Looking forward to watching progress and remember to take breaks! Passion is the forefront of this and it shows! 💙 (I've watched the trailer like 20 times haha)
Sure will, and thank you! It's nice to see people liking X Sonic's trailer as much as I liked making it!

i don't really think that little detail or ability that were show in just one episode and specific to them should be added, it would delay developement.

Hey man I watched your X Sonic reveal trailer and it's so really good but man I wish I can play it but it's not released yet I'm trying to be patient with your works though so I can wait for it but that trailer it's makes me going like I'm really want to play it as him so bad and try speed running with it hope it going really well when it's released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back