Sonic Unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
GREG THE CAT said:
P.S. Critics are morons when it comes to Sonic Unleashed.

Same thought here. People complains about werehog is slow WOW, BIG DEAL, you run at 300 mph and you still want speed? that is the lamest excuse I could have seen for a Sonic Game, running at such a high speed on daytime levels makes your brain have to think faster, making the neurones to work harder, overdoing it may cause mental damage or making the brain bleed 'cause of the stress. I can't play daytime stages if i'm laying down on my bed-Proof of higher mental concentration requirements.

I don't understand the critics' mindset. Sonic Unleashed daytime stages had bad steering with really awkward platforming physics. They overall lacked substance.

Werehog levels had a form of combat, and it does matter slightly which combos should be performed in which situations. Triangle-button-based attacks work well head-on, whereas square-button-based attacks work well for swarms. The platforming physics are much more polished, and the ability to press the circle button to grab onto ledges is much appreciated.

Sonnarkku said:
running at such a high speed on daytime levels makes your brain have to think faster, making the neurones to work harder, overdoing it may cause mental damage or making the brain bleed 'cause of the stress. I can't play daytime stages if i'm laying down on my bed-Proof of higher mental concentration requirements.

I'm sorry, but this has gotta be the most ridiculous thing I've read in this thread. All the speed stages require is quick reflexes. Looking at landscapes zooming by isn't going to cause you to lose braincells.

Blue Warrior said:
Sonnarkku said:
running at such a high speed on daytime levels makes your brain have to think faster, making the neurones to work harder, overdoing it may cause mental damage or making the brain bleed 'cause of the stress. I can't play daytime stages if i'm laying down on my bed-Proof of higher mental concentration requirements.

I'm sorry, but this has gotta be the most ridiculous thing I've read in this thread. All the speed stages require is quick reflexes. Looking at landscapes zooming by isn't going to cause you to lose braincells.
Yes, the logic behind his post nearly made my brain explode from all the lost brain cells from watching and (at a friend's house) playing the 360 awesomeness and then thinking of how I would've lost any brain cells from enjoying that game.

GREG THE CAT said:
Blue Warrior said:
Sonnarkku said:

Yes, the logic behind his post nearly made my brain explode from all the lost brain cells from watching and (at a friend's house) playing the 360 awesomeness and then thinking of how I would've lost any brain cells from enjoying that game.

My cousin Luis Gabriel got the side effect for playing videogames too much, when he was a 2 year old kid, he had a normal mind, but then when he became like four, he started playing the games his brother had (like Sonic Adventure 1, 2, Ready 2 Rumble and things like that), since his family is relatively rich, because of the military service my grandfather did, the works my aunt does and the money the rich sister of my grandfather gives to the family, with that money they bought him as many consoles as they could, he has all of them except for PS3, XBOX and XBOX 360. When he comes from school to home, he spends from 1:00 to 9:00 (without stopping, he leaves the consoles turned on) and in saturday and sunday it´s even worse, you can easly imagine the several hours he plays games, what´s the damages it has caused to him? well, he can´t keep a conversation, he will most likely say something that has nothing to do with it, he screams for no reason, he cannot understand most things when you explain them to him and he constaintly repeats the word when he´s talking like for example: ¨Hi cousin, did you, did you, did you see the............ did you see the thing on Sonic Unleashed, tha tha THAAAAA¨ this is what his attitude is most of time, and also, his head is always hot. He´s not fat, guess why? his digestive system barely works, making him vomit over 2 times per day, I don´t know if that digestive system problem is because of overplaying, but I don´t remember he having that problem before. Oh, he´s 10 years, by the way.

Don´t say it´s because of his fathers because his brother has 20 years and he´s getting graduated from the medicine school.

I don´t care if you believe me or not, that was the main reason I posted what previously said.

Now let´s get back on topic, please.

Well I'm sorry, but he's like that because he's playing video games all day long(or just a plain mental problem), not because playing the game makes you lose brain cells. If that was the case, more people would have the same problem.

The only thing I have to complain about on this game really is the scenery that Sega slacked on from the Wii/PS2 version - 360/PS3 version. The graphics brought in by the hedgehog engine for the 360/PS3 version shouldn't be beyond the Wii's capabilities.....I'm not so certain about the PS2 however....

Connor said:
The only thing I have to complain about on this game really is the scenery that Sega slacked on from the Wii/PS2 version - 360/PS3 version. The graphics brought in by the hedgehog engine for the 360/PS3 version shouldn't be beyond the Wii's capabilities.....I'm not so certain about the PS2 however....

The Wii isn't a powerhouse console. Its just a little upgrade from the gamecube. The Wii version gave you more detailed graphics. The PS2 version had horrible textures and no shading. (Mostly on the Sonic Model) The 360 model vs the Wii model... I really couldn't tell a difference besides Sonics color a much darker blue.

Did you play the PS2 version ONLY?

I'd say Wii/360 isn't as huge a contrast in graphics as PS2/Wii, but you can still quite tell the difference in certain areas if you pay attention to all of the details.

Blue Warrior said:
I'd say Wii/360 isn't as huge a contrast in graphics as PS2/Wii, but you can still quite tell the difference in certain areas if you pay attention to all of the details.

You mean other way around right? Wii/PS2 then Wii/360?

No. The PS2 appears to lack the lighting effects that the other systems have, and I think that makes a big difference on how the game looks. There are apparent differences between the Wii and 360, but from a glance, they'd seem like the same system.

That's what I figure, at any rate.

Blue Warrior said:
There are apparent differences between the Wii and 360, but from a glance, they'd seem like the same system.

03a274bf.jpg

b38e9be4.jpg

Believe it or not, that's kinda true. The lighting on the 360 is much better, though.

Autosaver said:
Connor said:

The Wii isn't a powerhouse console. Its just a little upgrade from the gamecube. The Wii version gave you more detailed graphics. The PS2 version had horrible textures and no shading. (Mostly on the Sonic Model) The 360 model vs the Wii model... I really couldn't tell a difference besides Sonics color a much darker blue.

Did you play the PS2 version ONLY?

I OWN the Wii version, and I've played the 360 one. They both have their quirks, but since I prefer the day stages, I envy the 360 versions day stages, but I prefer the Wii controls, and I hate the Hub areas. If they were to simply add the day missions to the Wii version, and update the graphics engine to the Hedgehog engine, the game'd be much better in my opinion.

@Connor: The Wii isn't a powerhouse console Period. And im pretty sure if you add in that engine it will crash or give you a lag fest causing glitches ((which is highly possible)).

The way I see it, Sonic unleashed on PS360 and PS2Wii are like Genesis and Super Nintendo. It's been a long time since we ever had a game be this different from itself.

glaber said:
The way I see it, Sonic unleashed on PS360 and PS2Wii are like Genesis and Super Nintendo. It's been a long time since we ever had a game be this different from itself.

Um....Star wars:Force Unleashed.... Unless your just talking about Sega.

@Connor: The Wii isn't a powerhouse console Period. And im pretty sure if you add in that engine it will crash or give you a lag fest causing glitches ((which is highly possible)).

Its likely the Wii version could be done MUCH better. It seems they used the Ps2 excuse. So PS2 people could play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back