Sonic & the Black Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
More like "Fuck the press", which has become my catch phrase recently. I'm willing to bet critics are paid to give certain favorable or unfavorable reviews for certain franchises (like how all critics bawwed at Sonic Unleashed yet a lot of the fanbase thought it was pretty good); I find it strange that this review is coming from Cassamassima, considering he did a rather favorable review for Sonic Unleashed, and I don't think SEGA would bomb this badly after what happened in 2006. So, I looked for a gameplay video on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNWodQz28Ow

You be the judge.

Well from what I see it looks pretty darn good, but I can't judge a game untill I play it, On another note I don't see a werehog, so im not complaining. The swordplay in the game actually looks decent and it makes it another one of those "I got to go and play this" Kind of games.

From what I've seen from the video I posted, it doesn't really look like I'd feel I was missing out on it if I didn't play it. It does look decent, however, which is exactly why I'm trusting the press less and less about their reviews on Sonic games.

The cutscenes are still horrible like in Secret Rings, and the gameplay doesn't look that much different either. The on-rails gameplay was what really scared me away from SatSR, and Black Knight doesn't really fix it.

BlueZero4 said:
The cutscenes are still horrible like in Secret Rings.

I guess "Storybook series" didn't pop up when players expected cutscenes like this. They just put it like this so it seems more like a comic book. Though thats just a minor problem that doesn't need fixing.

Chisuun said:
Well, IGN gave Black Knight a 3.9/10

Here comes the crying.
Eh.... Whatever. I don't expect much from IGN's reviewing anymore. I just can't take their reviews on Sonic games seriously anymore. All it is is crying that it was a deviation from the classic Sonic formula.

Give it a rest already. They sound as bad as Spax now. And we all know how badly he whines about the "flaws" (i.e. the voice acting.).

The only times where I thought a video game had genuinely bad voice acting were the following:

Sonic Unleashed -- Chip
Sonic Heroes -- Tails

Voice acting is, like, one of the most nitpicky things to get annoyed about in a video game.

When Tails started speaking in Unleashed, I just knew the voice actress got the memo. Tails sounded less annoying, and the acting was way better. She didn't get that memo in Sonic Next Gen, though.

SonicMaster, which phrases from Chip did you not like? I can't think of any.

I don't think it was the phrases but the voice itself. I'd probably go with the Japanese voice just because it wasn't grainy or scratchy.

Chisuun said:

Here comes the crying.

THIS!

I don't know why fans care about reviewers!
I mean..they think of it, Ign hates the games..now its the end of the world!

Really,3.9..one guy...and 1/3 of the IGN's countrys.

AU could rank it higher like SATSR,who knows?

Autosaver said:
Chisuun said:

Here comes the crying.

THIS!

Uh...I hope you knew he was sarcastic on the "here comes the crying" part. Just in case you misunderstood.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
When Tails started speaking in Unleashed, I just knew the voice actress got the memo. Tails sounded less annoying, and the acting was way better. She didn't get that memo in Sonic Next Gen, though.

SonicMaster, which phrases from Chip did you not like? I can't think of any.

At the last boss when he screams. That was very bad, other than that I think he did a decent job from some of the other crappy lines.

Chisuun said:

Here comes the crying.

Ya know what, you'd think Nintendo would be the one bashing, (they gave it an 8.0) but a IGNorant worker who thinks he know it all thinks he can give it a 3.9 and get away with it. He'd better watch his back.

crazy escape said:
TrueTenguMan said:
Autosaver said:
Chisuun said:

Here comes the crying.

THIS!

Uh...I hope you knew he was sarcastic on the "here comes the crying" part. Just in case you misunderstood.

Ya know what, you'd think Nintendo would be the one bashing, (they gave it an 8.0) but a IGNorant worker who thinks he know it all thinks he can give it a 3.9 and get away with it. He'd better watch his back.

I high disagree with you their.Watch his back on what? The game isn't very creative and the ideal is lame. He can get away with 3.9 because of that; if Nintendo did this, they get the same rating if they couldn't think of a good idea. Nintendo dosen't release games after they have already released one as Sega does. They just need better ideas andneed a better way of supporting them.

SuperSonicStar* said:
crazy escape said:

I highly disagree with you there.Watch his back on what? The game isn't very creative and the ideal is lame(crazy escape: lolwut.) He can get away with 3.9 because of that; if Nintendo did this, they get the same rating if they couldn't think of a good idea. Nintendo doesn't release games after they have already released one as Sega does. They just need better ideas and need a better way of supporting them.
He needs to watch out for me *shot by IGNorant staff*
I kinda agree on they need a better way of supporting their ideas but I've seen lamer ideas. *cough*strawberryshortcakegamesandgamesbasedofkidstelevisonshowsonmostlymuaterconcleslikeX360andthezeldaCD-Igames(see YOU MUST DIE.)andmore*cough*
what I just said:
[spoiler:e8e89945e7]*cough*strawberry shortcake games and games based off of kids televison shows on mostly mature concles like X360 and the zelda CD-I games(see YOU MUST DIE.)and more*cough*[/spoiler:e8e89945e7]

TrueTenguMan said:
Autosaver said:
Chisuun said:

Here comes the crying.

THIS!

Whoops..anyways it does happen.(Fans cry/argue and never stop)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back