Sonic Superstars: What's Your Opinion?

It looks good, although what excites me is that the MB people are going to recreate the abilities of the characters and the maps, because since I'm from Venezuela I know that even when megaman x9 comes out I will be able to buy a game like that, although in summary: bomb Peru, i'm out

Considering several days later the newsletter signup still doesn't have a Steam option, it's looking more and more like Epic might be getting timed exclusivity on PC again like with Colours Ultimate.

Is it just me,or the rope-swinging dimension thing looks somewhat like Prism Universe from Sonic Prime? To be exact,the place where Season 1 ended with Shadow and Sonic battling.

sonic superstars is gonna kick ass. that's all i'm gonna say.
also i feel obligated to play through it 4 times because of the different cutscenes and stuff.

I like 2D Sonic but I'm not very good at it.

There don't seem to be any really high-concept levels like Sonic Mania's Press Garden, which is what is desperately needed at this point. The vines in Sonic Superstars look kind of cool though!

On a selfish note, I've hired a voice actor for Fang for my fan game. Since the 2D games don't usually have dialogue, I'm glad that there won't be an official voice actor setting expectations for what Fang is like. I'm really happy with who I've got on board and I don't want them overshadowed!

Cautiously optimistic but still keeping my guard up just in case. 60 bucks is a lot for a game that could go either way. I will try it out for myself first if there is a demo and go from there.

I'm buying this on day one under the condition that Jun Senoue doesn't bring out the dying cats, otherwise I'm burning everything to the ground

I'm buying this on day one under the condition that Jun Senoue doesn't bring out the dying cats, otherwise I'm burning everything to the ground
Jun is composing for the OST? If so, we should be fine as long as he stays far, far away from the Genesis/Mega Drive soundfont.

I'm cautiously optimistic. It looks like they're going for Genesis era physics, and it'll be a miracle if they pull it off. It'll probably have Denuvo like every other recent Sonic title. But those things aside, it has nice graphics, and a chance of being a good experience on its own merits -- we'll just have to wait until reviews and more gameplay footage start coming in.
It may have been said already, but we can confirm that the physics are 1:1 with Sonic 1 & 3.

Responding to the stuff about music, Jun isn't working alone. Tee Lopes and others among the community and within SEGA are working on the OST.

This may also be a surprise, but due to Naka's imprisonment... Naoto Ohshima, creator of Sonic (Naka may have led Sonic 1, but who gave the hedgehog his looks?), has returned as the art lead for the project. He is responsible for the new looks and models for the characters, and possibly even zones and badniks.

So far, we are eating good.

Jun is composing for the OST? If so, we should be fine as long as he stays far, far away from the Genesis/Mega Drive soundfont.
Tee Lopes is also on the sound team, but man that doesn't stop the anxiety any time I hear "Jun Senoue" and "classic sound" in the same sentence

I'm actually pretty excited.
Seeing a new Sonic game always brings me joy, obviously since I'm a huge Sonic game "nerd" and fan.
I'm easy to please (I mean, I like S06!), so I'm optimistic that this game will be fun and very, very pretty.
Fang at the end of the trailer was a surprise. My dad showed me it a day or two ago.
And I'm sure it'll probably get some sort of multi-player, but I hope it'll be like the other co-op modes in previous multiplayer-supporting Sonic games.
And I'm very happy it's coming out this year, because boy I can  not wait for a game that pretty.
Sure, it's coming out when school starts (for me, cuz...it's the fall), but that's besides the point.

So far, I really like what I'm seeing so far, the physics are one-to-one with the classics, the level design is fun and going to have's multiple paths, Amy is actually playable for once in a Classic Sonic game (Sonic R, Fighters and Origins doesn't count) and I know the music is going to be slapping with Jun and Tee Lopes on it

So far, I really like what I'm seeing so far, the physics are one-to-one with the classics, the level design is fun and going to have's multiple paths, Amy is actually playable for once in a Classic Sonic game (Sonic R, Fighters and Origins doesn't count) and I know the music is going to be slapping with Jun and Tee Lopes on it
Idk abt the physics. Even though that video compared Superstars to Mania, it looks wrong. Especially when Sonic ran straight down and didnt acheive top-speed from that

Idk abt the physics. Even though that video compared Superstars to Mania, it looks wrong. Especially when Sonic ran straight down and didnt acheive top-speed from that
Sonic Superstars physics probably takes more momentum to gain down height then OG also besides it's already been confirm with interviews and reviewers that the physics are one-to-one with Sonic Mania

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back