• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic: Planetary Panic

Wow. I have NEVER seen ANYONE this exited to hear my ideas. Heh. Anyways...

Badnik Counter
Monitor Counter
Hit Counter (ala Sonic SAGE 2010 Edition for 1, 2, and 3)
Breath Meter when underwater
a dynamic bossbar that changes the hud entirely if possible
Speedometer
"Badnik Basher" combo hud ala Sonic GT
"Going Fast" thing ala Sonic GT, again
"Nice Moves" ala Sonic GT, for the third fucking time (but tricks would need to be implemented)
"(Smooth) Rail(ing)" ala Sonic GT, afuckinggain ('cause it got grind rails)
"Ring Catcher" ala Sonic GT
a Speedbonus ala Sonic Chaos (although that ain't hud)
a couple more things I forgot... somehow
Do you have any hud ideas other than all THIS?
Some of these don't sound very useful. I do like the idea of having tricks though so I'll look into implementing those. Speedometers in sonic don't make much sense to me as they are pretty much entirely aesthetic additions. The badnik counter and monitor counter also don't make much sense to me so I probably won't add those.

The breath meter I will most definitely add seeing as how I've had it implemented since like the beginning.

The hit counter I'm not familiar with as well as whatever you mean by dynamic bossier.

The combo huds I'll probably add maybe.

These are some good ideas though! Thanks for sharing! I will definitely take your suggestions into mind during development!
Post automatically merged:

Thanks!

Boss:

Eggman is piloting some sort of weird looking mech that has strange looking arms and drill legs. The mech attacks by either grabbing Sonic, shooting a laser out of its belly(?), and drilling Sonic (instakill would be good for this one). It would take 12 hits, and would be on a later zone. (I have an idea for a zone for Vanilla game called "Critical Crater". If you could to this, please make the coresponing zone for it as well if you can.) (also I have no idea what it should look like since all my designs are complete utter trash and should all burn in the fiery depths of Hell.)
that zone name actually fits within the naming scheme of the zones in Planetary Panic which is perfect. Also even "utter trash" designs can be helpful! I'd love for you to tell me some more about that zone! It sounds pretty interesting.

Some of these don't sound very useful. I do like the idea of having tricks though so I'll look into implementing those. Speedometers in sonic don't make much sense to me as they are pretty much entirely aesthetic additions. The badnik counter and monitor counter also don't make much sense to me so I probably won't add those.

The breath meter I will most definitely add seeing as how I've had it implemented since like the beginning.

The hit counter I'm not familiar with as well as whatever you mean by dynamic bossier.

The combo huds I'll probably add maybe.

These are some good ideas though! Thanks for sharing! I will definitely take your suggestions into mind during development!

that zone name actually fits within the naming scheme of the zones in Planetary Panic which is perfect. Also even "utter trash" designs can be helpful! I'd love for you to tell me some more about that zone! It sounds pretty interesting.
Thanks! (also the hit counter is for hits Sonic or whoever receive) The "dynamic bossbar" would change Lives, Score, Time, and Rings to be layered at the top of the screen with the bossbar at the bottom and the breath meter at left-center, ala Sonic Forever Expansion Pack by @KarlEmerald on Gamebanana. I'll send a concept of the boss act hud later.

About Critical Crater: when I had the idea of it for Vanilla, it was going to take place outside the Black Rock. But now that's canned. I really don't have a lot original about it in my mind currently, so I thought I would base it off moon/space levels from officials (namely Doomsday, the Moon from Advance 1, & Space Colony ARK, and Black Rock itself lel). Also I have nothing and I mean nothing about enemies, so plz do this. Send me a planned level list for Planetary Panic, and I'll put it in wherever feels natural if you'll put it in.

Last edited:
srb20004.gif

(excuse the low framerate) did some more progress on ppz1.

Thanks! (also the hit counter is for hits Sonic or whoever receive) The "dynamic bossbar" would change Lives, Score, Time, and Rings to be layered at the top of the screen with the bossbar at the bottom and the breath meter at left-center, ala Sonic Forever Expansion Pack by @KarlEmerald on Gamebanana. I'll send a concept of the boss act hud later.

About Critical Crater: when I had the idea of it for Vanilla, it was going to take place outside the Black Rock. But now that's canned. I really don't have a lot original about it in my mind currently, so I thought I would base it off moon/space levels from officials (namely Doomsday, the Moon from Advance 1, & Space Colony ARK, and Black Rock itself lel). Also I have nothing and I mean nothing about enemies, so plz do this. Send me a planned level list for Planetary Panic, and I'll put it in wherever feels natural if you'll put it in.
Currently, I'm unable to send the hud concept because my computer died and I'm unable to use the camera on this Chromebook that I'm using in the meantime. Basically, imagine it as what I said, but the bosshud would have boss name and HP on top, and hits would be carried towards the center of it, rather than left/right.

ayo peep the new slightly opening post and also the new sick ass menus.
fonts used are placeholders. I have different fonts planned but I need to get them implemented still

srb20077.gif

srb20086.gif

I am still working on the stages btw I just haven't had access to UZB properly so instead I've been spending some time working on the other things while I'm working on getting that fixed

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back