Sonic Colors!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Crush 40 was really that bad, then how come they constantly keep them around all the time?
Because the kids like it. That doesn't mean they're good, that doesn't mean they're bad, that just means the kids like it. I personally think Crush 40 are extremely generic and dull, but they're not bad, per se. But now we're starting to go off topic (we could make a new topic about this if we wanted to, though).

The title screen looks amazing. Sonic running with those wisps. (Doesn't sound impressive, but just watch it)

Best Sonic title screen.

Autosaver said:
Best Sonic title screen.

I agree, it's been awhile since we've had a good one. I think this I like this one because it actually has some sort of movement in them unlike the other title screens (at least I can't remember any recent title screens that had some sort of significant movement in it)

Honestly speaking, I think this will probably be the most inspired Sonic title we've had in a long while. What I'm seeing here is a lot of unique environments as well as plenty of unusual gimmicks provided by the wisp that not only keeps the gameplay fresh, but fits in the realm of what Sonic is all about: physics, speed, and crazy-ass visual spectacles. On an artistic and stylistic approach, Colors definitely looks more appealing any other Sonic game made in recent history.

How fun this will be still depends on other factors, such as level design and game progression. I've never been a huge fan of the usual Sonic boost that's appeared in Rush and Unleashed, and one of my concerns is that it'll be too easy to use and make the game relatively unchallenging, as it usually seems to do.

Oh yeah, Spiderball. I'd love to try that. Infact, this game actually seems quite interesting, compared to other Sonic outings. Can't wait to see what else develops.

Others have been saying it's a messed up Yosih. X_X

Lightdash seems cool, and so does flying. Wow, this game is probably going to be very good.

I want this game, so freaking bad right now. I really wished I could be those lucky saps who could play the demo.

I've got to say, the 3D segments of the first act of Tropical Resort are some of the most linear and banal I've ever seen in a 3D Sonic title, including Apatos in Sonic Unleashed. If the developer's best ideas all occur in 2D, I really wouldn't mind if the 3D segments were jettisoned for the most part.

Besides, most of the fun wisp actions seem to require that Sonic is in a 2D segment in order to work properly.

Last edited:
Here's some more Sweet Mountain. Shows us more Green Wisp action. Got to love how there's a switch hidden underneath a box that opens up another path behind the player.

So the Green Wisp looks like it has a small freefly, and a somewhat lightdash with rings ability. Looks interesting =o

B0040EIQNU.01.PT04._SCRMZZZZZZ_.jpg

This is awesome, now time for the big question; is this online, or offline...or both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back