Sonic Colors Remastered

time gear

Eternity in an hour
This is a rumor that's been floating around online for a few days based on a listing found on a German dubbing company's website. It's looking like Sonic Colors might be getting an updated port for modern systems. Thoughts?

Personally, if this turns out to be true and is still in production, I'm curious of what kinds of upgrades they have planned for the new port. Upscaled resolution running at 60 fps? Re-rendered cutscenes? Higher quality voice files?

Honestly, this seems far from being false. It's definitely happening to my knowledge. I'd get it, even if I own Colors on Wii,

Never played Colors so if this happens I'll 100% play it, but I do know that the levels where supposed to be bigger, as seen in this video

so if this remaster does happen I hope they make the levels as what they originally intended

What I’m hoping for is a rewrite or a combination of the Wii and DS plot to make one deluxe version of the game. If this is the case, it might possible lead to greater explanations of the Wisps and why they’re appearing everywhere or the origin of the Time Eater.

If this leads to more remasters for games like Unleashed or Generations, I’m all down for it

What I’m hoping for is a rewrite or a combination of the Wii and DS plot to make one deluxe version of the game. If this is the case, it might possible lead to greater explanations of the Wisps and why they’re appearing everywhere or the origin of the Time Eater.

If this leads to more remasters for games like Unleashed or Generations, I’m all down for it
I mean, it is sorta implied that the two plots are one in the same but different aspects, so having them combined would be cool.
It'd also give us more character interactions and a true final boss.

I mean, it is sorta implied that the two plots are one in the same but different aspects, so having them combined would be cool.
It'd also give us more character interactions and a true final boss.
Having only played the Wii version, the only plot differences I’m aware of are the extra side characters and the big mama wisp. Seems like console owners got shafted. I think this also applies to Generations, which I REALLY hope gets a rewrite

A rewrite would be cool, but that would be more in the territory of a remake. My opinion is that this is more likely just a port.

If they do go into the territory of remakes to try to make this a definitive edition type thing though, I would love to see Metal Sonic playable in Gameland as a skin option. Also, the Super Sonic Final Boss from the DS version remade in HD would be super cool.

If this is just a port, I wonder if they might include the DS version in some way? Perhaps as an unlockable similar to the game gear titles in SADX or Sonic 1 in the console version of Generations?

Honestly? I thought about it and i don't know, i really hope that the levels are gonna be redesigned (a perfect balance between 3d and 2d sections) or gonna be some of them like kind of missions (like the DS version) because we are aware that some levels in the Wii version are completed on less that 30 seconds and maybe that has some potential as mission.
I agree about a mix between Wii and DS version because has some many things that are good (imo Ds version is better that Wii but Wii also has some things that are cool)

Honestly? I thought about it and i don't know, i really hope that the levels are gonna be redesigned (a perfect balance between 3d and 2d sections) or gonna be some of them like kind of missions (like the DS version) because we are aware that some levels in the Wii version are completed on less that 30 seconds and maybe that has some potential as mission.
I agree about a mix between Wii and DS version because has some many things that are good (imo Ds version is better that Wii but Wii also has some things that are cool)
I know exactly which levels you're talking about. There was one early stage on the Wii version that was completely based around the Drill Wisp and you could literally just boost across the entire stage

As much as I could wish for a rewrite or redub of the script, it'll most likely be a port. That's not bad or anything, but I just hope to god they won't charge full-price for it unless there's a good reason to. If I wanted "definitive" Sonic Colors, I can just boot up Dolphin and upscale to 1080p and enter a 60 FPS code.

I've heard mostly good things about Colors, but I've just never been that crazy about the boost formula.

Colors is good fun except when the level design does this :worry::
1618293732937.png

Other than that, I wonder what they'll add to a remaster of the game. I doubt they'll do anything too drastic, but quality of life changes can transform the experience for the better so we'll see 👀

The only real gripes I have with Colors (Wii, I never had the DS version) is that there's too many 2D sections and the act formula usually comes off as rather redundant. Many of the "acts" are just sections of levels you've already been through, but with slight differences. It kinda feels like additional challenges.

If it were up to me, these repeat sections would be made into optional missions and the game would feature more 3D. This might result in the game becoming fairly short in a casual playthrough in which you are ignoring optional content, but I would actually prefer that over being forced to replay the same sections I already beat but slightly different to progress.

As much as I could wish for a rewrite or redub of the script, it'll most likely be a port. That's not bad or anything, but I just hope to god they won't charge full-price for it unless there's a good reason to. If I wanted "definitive" Sonic Colors, I can just boot up Dolphin and upscale to 1080p and enter a 60 FPS code.
I’m gonna be completely honest, I really hate the “I can just play it on emulator” mindset. Not everyone has access to a pc and, therefore, an emulator. For some people, it’s way cheaper to just buy the full price game rather than buy a laptop just to play an older game.

I’m gonna be completely honest, I really hate the “I can just play it on emulator” mindset. Not everyone has access to a pc and, therefore, an emulator. For some people, it’s way cheaper to just buy the full price game rather than buy a laptop just to play an older game.
I'm not really sure about Colors, but Emulation in general can often be rather hit or miss as a result of factors such as overhead, your system specs, and emulators being less than perfect. If you want to be guaranteed to play a game at stable fps without graphical errors, playing on original hardware is the best bet. Sometimes games get re-released with official emulators, and they usually run perfect or near-perfect when they do, but other than that running through emulation is a bit of a gamble and can produce mixed results.

I am completely aware of this, but I personally don't want to shell out for a game I already own since I have the hardware to play the original I got for $10 on Ebay at higher resolution and framerates. All I'm saying is that they're gonna have to give players like me a good reason to want to buy it. If other people want to buy and play it since they don't like or can't use emulation, that's completely fine by me, I'm not stopping them.

I am completely aware of this, but I personally don't want to shell out for a game I already own since I have the hardware to play the original I got for $10 on Ebay at higher resolution and framerates. All I'm saying is that they're gonna have to give players like me a good reason to want to buy it. If other people want to buy and play it since they don't like or can't use emulation, that's completely fine by me, I'm not stopping them.
Oh, yeah I totally get that it makes sense for PC players to emulate rather than get the rerelease. The part that bugs me the most is when a game gets bad reviews or outlooks because you can emulate them on PC. Super Mario 3D All Stars got hit the worst because of that mindset due to the PC Port having just been released alongside the fact that Sunshine and Galaxy could be played on Dolphin

All I'm saying is that they're gonna have to give players like me a good reason to want to buy it.
It's pretty standard for re-releases of games to come with enhancements and/or new features to incentivize a second purchase, as well as draw in new first time buyers who either didn't get the chance to buy the first time around or weren't interested before but might be interested by the new enhancements/features.

In the case of Colors, it was held back by the hardware limitations of releasing as a Wii exclusive. A remastered port for newer systems is likely to feature graphical enhancements that wouldn't be available to those simply playing through emulation.

Me personally, I believe it was my first Sonic game and it was at my grandma's house, so that's plenty enough reason for me to get it

Sonic Colors is one of the few Modern/3D Sonic game that the general public is calling "good" (because it's a good game even outside of the Sonic aspect) so it's logical for Sega to do this.

And the only people I've seen complaining are mostly Adventure fans who wanted to see the remake of SA1 (which is taking more time than a remaster).

Honestly this is a good move and hopefully we'll see more remasters of older Sonic games coming.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back