Sonic But BAD

Sonic But BAD v2

I'm not the guy who can give constructive criticism, but I can say that this mod isn't the best. Reused scripts, low-effort sprites presumably made it paint. But the point I'm trying to make is that you can make better mods for srb2 if you have the time and dedication seen many times before. I know you made this as a joke but you can't just slap some things together, put them in a pk3 and expect positive feedback.
I commend you for making it live up to its name.

Last edited:
Prank or not, jokes like this are just party killers and discouraging. They might have a place among close friends, but not when directed at people you don't know. Don't do this sort of thing again.
Sonic but BAD, A.K.A Sonic but it's just a bland, flavorless, sauce-less fucking plate of spaghetti (this is just a prank, don't ban me)

I already wrote my thoughts in my review but honestly I don't think it's gonna do much. The creator seems to think that the overwhelming negative reviews is a sign of success when in reality it's the complete opposite.

Like I said in my review, there are ways to make a proper joke mod. There has been a few examples released already that you can take notes from, but this isn't it, at all. You could have done so, so much more with this concept. For once I'm disappointed that the mod does what it says on the tin.

This offers the creator absolutely nothing to work with. If you're going to leave a criticism, the decent thing to do is be specific, not leave a dramatic one-liner.
I feel weird playing this.

look don't listen to the other people the mod is supposed to be bad they just don't get it, in my eyes its wonderful keep working my dood
Post automatically merged:

look don't listen to the other people the mod is supposed to be bad they just don't get it, in my eyes its wonderful keep working my dood. Plus who cares if it's reusable luas that's the point of them to use it in your own mod, like I said before keep working bro

look don't listen to the other people the mod is supposed to be bad they just don't get it, in my eyes its wonderful keep working my dood
dude that's exactly the opposite of what he's meant to do
It's not that we don't get it, and just because he admits its bad doesn't mean he's excused from criticism :v
All you're doing is allowing shit like this to be seen as perfectly okay :blink:

Look, I get you enjoyed it. That doesn't mean you don't have to say rude things like "They just don't get it." Yes it is bad, and it is meant to be bad. The problem is the mod isn't a good type of bad to most of us. Like Dr.Stephen said there are alot of joke mods and turn out fun and enjoyable. This isn't the case for this mod.

This offers the creator absolutely nothing to work with. If you're going to leave a criticism, the decent thing to do is be specific, not leave a dramatic one-liner.
never knew that theres different layers of bad

never knew that theres different layers of bad
There’s bad as in it was intentionally designed to be a frustrating experience, bad as in its got a simple design, and bad as in its extremely disappointing how it turned out. This is the last case

So since I've gotten comments about why this was let into releases, I may as well explain; unlike some other mods I could mention, this is, for all its perceived "quality", a fully finished character mod. It has its own unique sprites, and all of them have been drawn, unlike some mods that don't even bother drawing all the angles. We don't bar mods for quality reasons, unless the quality is that poor, and in the case of Sonic But Bad, its bad on purpose, as a joke mod based on another joke mod.

But humor is subjective, and it doesn't match up to the source material. The constant spray of white pixels is a clear case of shoddy art importing, and it lacks the most crucial element of the original Friday Night Funkin' But Bad mod; the sound design. Sure, it is a music game, but one of the big points of FNFBB is that all of the vocals are redone. Badly. This is actually legitimately funny, and this coupled with the "Bad, But Charming" visuals make the mod worth checking out. Sonic But Bad has meme sounds, when he could have been someone literally trying to exclaim every sound he could make, much like the classic joke mod, Hyper Mysterious Shadonic 123311. In the end... it really is just a bad Sonic. As I said, mission accomplished.

I don't know why this mod managed to strike such an aggressive chord that everyone felt the need to dogpile on it, but let it me known that just because a "bad" mod can pass releases on technicality, doesn't mean it wont be called out on said quality. And if you think this mod should have been rejected... Be glad you don't get to see what does get rejected.

I do agree that the whole [Name] but [Adjective] with self-depreciating meme humor is just being overused.

I mean there were videos about parodies called "supra mayro" and it was from 2013-2014! This kind of humor has badly aged.

Guys, although it may not seem like I put a lot of effort into this mod and try to make it as bad as possible, but they always take as an example ¨that it is not the same and it does not reach the heels of fnf but bad¨ I said inspiration not that equal to the same. and I do not deserve the rudeness of the others, since I made an effort and made 20 sprites in one day, please take the same and give the mod a chance like the others.

I just downloaded it and i already hate it...

When you open it you get MULTIPLE ZIPS and i need to open them and open just to get two wads...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back