• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sol Sestancia 2 playtesting.

Can you make a multiplayer patch? Because both Sol Sestancia 1 and this don't work with multiplayer.
Post automatically merged:

Can you make a multiplayer patch? Because both Sol Sestancia 1 and this don't work with multiplayer.
Well, the first two levels of both each, actually.

Well, the first two levels of both each, actually.
Only the opening levels cause trouble?

Anyway, I'll make an arcade version of Sol Sestancia 2 to go along the main release, which will have it's story elements stripped out for multiplayer/ speedrunning purposes.

Alright, posted update 0.9.
Hopefully the last update before proper release, only need to finish up some presentation elements like intro cards, end credits and a proper title screen. And I'm waiting for Whisper's voicelines to add her NPC to the village.

But yeah, update, it's mostly about adding endless new NPC's in particulary the latter Knotholes.
4 new levels included, such as the proper final stage and 3 new bonus levels.
Still need to figure out how to make them actually unlockable...

And a new badnik, just because someone wanted one to shout "priority #2" for once.
But yeah, let me know if the inclusion of your OC's is ok like this then.
And some other fixes and changes here and there.
Argh, can't believe the train still knocks the player off the path sometimes, I thought I'd fixed that a hundred times over already.

Last edited:
THERE I AM GARY, THERE I AM.
Screenshot 2024-06-22 163235.png

Oh, and don't worry guys, Sonic helped me out of the lake. :)

Screenshot 2024-06-22 163410.png

Hopefully the last update before proper release, only need to finish up some presentation elements like intro cards, end credits and a proper title screen. And I'm waiting for Whisper's voicelines to add her NPC to the village.

But yeah, update, it's mostly about adding endless new NPC's in particulary the latter Knotholes.
And a new badnik, just because someone wanted one to shout "priority #2" for once.
Argh, can't believe the train still knocks the player off the path sometimes, I thought I'd fixed that a hundred times over already.
I tried 0.9 and there's an issue with royal palace, it starts on the bridge before the getaway instead of the actual beginning of the level but other than that, everything's good (Also could you please post the images of the (newly added) oc npcs here? Just asking for if you can, if you can't then it's ok)

Last edited:

They genuinely look fantastic (Even if Tiny is pretty much doing the same pose as her ref) You did a great job! I was a little surprised they ended up as Eggman's lackeys but it works really well, it's super cool to see them fitting in so naturally.

There was one issue I noticed though, being that Harry's bone looks a little strange. The bottom curve doesn't follow through on the other side of the head, It's like it's a different size on each side. It would also just be more accurate to be larger.
image_2024-06-23_024618052.png

Basically I just wanted to say thank you, it's honestly hard to put into words how happy I was finding my little creatures candidly for the first time.

Also, who are the guys they're guarding? I was very surprised to see they have voice lines, it made me very curious.

Attachments

• srb20121.png
    srb20121.png
    207.2 KB · Views: 45
They genuinely look fantastic (Even if Tiny is pretty much doing the same pose as her ref) You did a great job! I was a little surprised they ended up as Eggman's lackeys but it works really well, it's super cool to see them fitting in so naturally.

There was one issue I noticed though, being that Harry's bone looks a little strange. The bottom curve doesn't follow through on the other side of the head, It's like it's a different size on each side. It would also just be more accurate to be larger.
View attachment 127469
Basically I just wanted to say thank you, it's honestly hard to put into words how happy I was finding my little creatures candidly for the first time.

Also, who are the guys they're guarding? I was very surprised to see they have voice lines, it made me very curious.

Alright I'll edit the drawing.

The guys they're guarding are Captain plunder and some of his crew from Sonic the comic Fleetway:
16.jpg

Luke, one of my voice actors requested a cameo of them somewhere.

(Also could you please post the images of the (newly added) oc npcs here? Just asking for if you can, if you can't then it's ok)
With few exceptions, pretty much all guest OC's at least show up in Knothole (Particularly the convoy and Pizza level where it's the most populated) besides the occasional cameo in other levels.
Your 2 OC's in particular are specific pizza customer objects so only appear there.

Attachments

• srb20216.png
    srb20216.png
    66.7 KB · Views: 74
  • srb20215.png
    srb20215.png
    53 KB · Views: 82
  • srb20214.png
    srb20214.png
    98.6 KB · Views: 68
  • srb20213.png
    srb20213.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 70
  • srb20212.png
    srb20212.png
    78.7 KB · Views: 73
  • srb20211.png
    srb20211.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 78
  • srb20210.png
    srb20210.png
    102.7 KB · Views: 79
  • srb20000.png
    srb20000.png
    31 KB · Views: 68
  • bub.png
    bub.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Just a heads up: Visiting Robotropolis and then any other stage afterwards seems to permanently hide the Time GUI.
1719149116682.png

Aside from what was mentioned before with Royal Palace, these are some pretty awesome additions! Shoutout to the badnik shouting "Priority Number 2 >:)" LOL

THERE I AM GARY, THERE I AM!

srb20212.png

I'm absolutely surprised I'm there, It's the first time I ever get to see myself in Roger's style. I'm giving this level pack a 10/10 immediately!

Also, there's a problem with the whirlwind shield's animation. This happens.

srb20362.gif

Hopefully, you're able to fix this.

Last edited:
Hi, Thanks for the pizza Roger!
Overall, the frame drops I was experiencing are all gone from the Fang bombing hall with the reduced bombs there. It's a shame the bombs had to go but there are no issues in that level at all now for me. Mt Terracentro cave pad area runs perfectly for me now too. Nice work.
I still experience dropped frames in Robotropolis but I'm 99% sure it's because of some addons I have. Something like that isn't gonna really have a solution I think. I'd suggest a note on release saying something along the lines of 'mods may cause frame drops' would probably be the best thing to go by.

Barbopilsa has this spot on the cliffs with a missing kill-box, this is all I could find when it comes to bugs on my end so far.
I'll replay a bit more to collect all the emblems & chaos emeralds and will update if I run into more bugs.

Good job everyone, can't wait for 1.0!

Edit: forgot to mention I also experienced the same bug as Eggythefriedegg. Stage started half way in for some reason, just wanted to mention so it wasn't seen as an isolated bug FYI

Attachments

• srb20050.png
    srb20050.png
    507.9 KB · Views: 69
  • srb20051.png
    srb20051.png
    236.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back