So... wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slopes are used all the time in most modern 3D games; where have you been? o.O
As for the argument of why you would need slopes, well, I'm fine with having them only for decoration.

I know that Ash, I mean that loops and slopes will be useless in SRB2. It would be fine for scenery, but useless as a gimmick.

Actually, they'd be wonderful for another, very simple reason.

Dimension.

Slopes would be a wonderful way to add a bit of height to a level without having to fake something or make really weird, unnatural landscapes.

Open air levels would be much more interesting, imagine any flat grass land filled with hills and inclines:

Picture+2.png

Okay, seriously, can you host on imageshack or something? Because like five minutes later, the image no longer exists. By the way, is that SRB2?

Basically, even properly done slopes wouldn't work very different from stairs in SRB2. Loops are STILL impossible without stupid amounts of effort, even with fully working slope code.

They WOULD be nice if they could work in software to add more height variance to stages, but that's about it.

Mystic said:
Basically, even properly done slopes wouldn't work very different from stairs in SRB2. Loops are STILL impossible without stupid amounts of effort, even with fully working slope code.

And lots more sprites too.

I once had an idea for slopes by using an MD2 over stairs that worked like a slow moving conveyor belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back