So they finally did it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos Knux

Daww, a mother and her foal
A game controlled by breaking the Fourth Wall.
Link
Basically, this game is controlled by making a stuffed toy of the main character dance with a Wiimote inside.
Thoughts?

"They finally did it"

But the video says uploaded - Nov 5.
But anyways, this doesn't really look fun. I can see adults taking the arm and throwing it.

The concept is innovative and the game itself looks charming. If they can pull off the game's controls well, this could be great. But in my experience, motion controls using the WiiMote aren't as precise or responsive as I'd like them to be.

"They finally did it"

But the video says uploaded - Nov 5.
But anyways, this doesn't really look fun. I can see adults taking the arm and throwing it.
Well Auto, while what you say is a valid point, this was only just now posted in Retro as well. So I announced it here for discussion as it slightly piqued my interest, and I wanted to get as many opinions as possible to measure how good a concept it is..

What the hell is that toy thing? I don't know, but it's adorable.

The environments looks pretty but either this thing won't let you control the character fully, or it'll control pretty badly.

But if it manages to work out excellently, huge props to the guys behind this game.

My nephew might like this. Judging from the commercial, the game seems to be aimed towards kids about the age of four or five. The simplistic tasks and linearity seem to reflect this. My guess is that the controls aren't half-ass, but rather you're not given full control, for the sake of making sure the player doesn't lose a sense of direction.

This isn't to say the game looks bad, of course; it looks innovative and executed pretty well. It's just not made for our demographic.

That's... not really breaking the fourth wall? BtFW is when you acknowledge that you're in a video game/tv show/etc.

Once again, the Wii proves it's superiority in gameplay. This actually looks pretty cool and very entertaining to younger gamers, I've got to admit that it is a pretty weird concept, I never imagined the possibility that someone would actually do this. ._. Now the only problem is tired arms.

It's actually kinda cute. :3
I might get this game just to see how good it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back