• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.
  • We've updated our submissions guidelines to address AI generated content, take a look at them here.

dark kirby

NTOPP v2 dev and Pizza Time gamemode contributor
quite literally Mario straight outa Super Mario Bros. 3
peak smb3 mario spin big.gif
peak smb3 mario jump spin big.gif
peak smb3 mario walk spin big.gif
peak smb3 mario run spin big.gif
peak smb3 mario jump run spin big.gif


look at him go
ok fine heres the actual gameplay

srb20140.png

srb20031.gif
srb20029.gif

all he has is a run (from an asset i used) and a swim (vanilla game) for now.
Plans:
-Accurate physics and moveset
-Power ups (Mush,Fire and Leaf)

i really need coders for this to even continue, so feel free to reach out to me and get this mod done.
 
Last edited:
And accurate SMB1 Mario, and N64 Mario, and SMW Mario and pretty soon there'll be an SM64 Mario
This mod looks promising, just make sure it's accurate like the others!
It’s been since July 2024 and no updates. What happened to this mod?
 
Is it done yet
No. Kinda abandoned it due to like literally having no one to code anything for it. And I can't release it either because of how bare bones it is.
Post automatically merged:

It’s been since July 2024 and no updates. What happened to this mod?
Literally no coders. All of the progress shown I was able to do it on my own with whatever I could find on the actual messageboard to stitch together.
 
i kinda want to work on this again, though i do still need someone to make code for this. no i will never use ai.
For any chance, are you still searching for coders? I could maybe help you in this.
Though I think I'll need to replay SMB3 to remember its physics. Long time since I last played it... -v-"
 
For any chance, are you still searching for coders? I could maybe help you in this.
Though I think I'll need to replay SMB3 to remember its physics. Long time since I last played it... -v-"
yeah. still no coders. and i cant find the resource i found for the run button so i could credit it.
my discord is darkkirby714 if you want that.

i can only work on weekends + friday since college and stuff.
 
With @dark kirby's permission I'm now doing the scripting of the addon, so yeh..this is back to life ^v^

Now uhh.... Let's get right onto the juicy stuff, shall we?



If .gifs show up as links (blame SRB2MB) just click them. You should be able to see the .gif you click...
My apologies for said inconvenience.... :dramahog:
​

SMB3 Mario is supposed to be SMB3 Mario because of his physics, right??
Here you can see a side-to-side comparision of Mario jumping with different physics. The Mario on the left uses SRB2's physics, while the right Mario is using the new physics I coded in! And even if the .gifs didn't synch for you, the difference won't pass unseen, I can assure you.
smb3oldjump.gif
smb3newjump.gif

We can't forget one of SMB3's iconic features... the P-Meter (currently above the lives counter)
As you run through levels, the P-Meter will fill. Once full, Mario will dash at max. speed!!!
smb3running.gif
The P-Meter will later allow you to fly as Racoon/Tanooki Mario!! (once I code those....)

Aaaand power-ups are also in here, replacing the shields from the base game
As of now; I've only coded the Mushroom, the invulnerability Star, and the Fire flower's coloring...there are like 4 left..if dark kirby wants to add them all, ofc
smb3monitors.png

smb3powers.gif


Yes, small Mario is just Mario but pancaked. Just give dark kirby some time to make the small form sprites pls thank you.​



And that's all for now ig. I'm quite having fun making this lil' guy do his silly stuff :3
Expect updates a bit more frequently from now on. Though I also have my own projects I want to work on, so...yeah...updates won't be daily or anything. Have some patience..

Anyway, that's it. IcySandwich, signing off. *beep*
 
srry for not updating anyone or anything about this, as my connection to discord has been rapidly fading with the vpn blocks due to where i live is russia. i literally cannot do anything about it as i dont even want to pay for a vpn just to do a passion project. this will never be canceled though.
 

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back
Top