• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Smash's gang (Spriting characters)

y'know, i feel like your sprites could use a bit more shading
besides that, they're honestly pretty good

i might have forgotten to mention it, but i'm purposefully keeping the shading to a minimum for the time being. It's easier to edit that way. Full shading will come later.

EDIT: I updated the first post.
unknown.png

Here are my cyan twins, Kyle and Keela Tyris.
I'm only going to sprite 3 more characters before I attempt to get back to work on Smash.

ftr, while I'm making all these alternate outfits for each character, I've only written up an alternate moveset for Smash. Therefor, he is the only one I plan to make a separate skin for. The others are just for show.

Last edited:
man this is long overdue. At this point I really should be done with all the characters I wanted to sprite and write movesets for, and then gotten back to actual work on Smash. I took a break for a while; some life things, concerns with projects and pressure to get back in the groove kinda burnt me out and I needed to approach everything with a clearer mind than I've had for the past few months. I actually dropped this last sprite when I was extremely close to finishing and just had no motivation to pick it back up.

unknown.png

That said, I got hit with unexpected inspiration last night and had to put it to good use. This here is Captain Thunder, a sailor and explorer. I've gone ahead and added his section to the first page.
(I do feel like the hat could use some refining, but it'll probably look better once I add proper shading in the end.)

Also Kyle and Keela above didn't get a proper post since i didn't feel like making a new one at the time.

EDIT 10/09/22:
I don't think it's worth bumping the topic for, but I did finish another character. She and the next one I'll do are both not my own characters, but ones I have permission to use. Guests in my works.

unknown.png

This is Cymbeline, a half hedgehog, half "Elysian": an alien race of winged humanoids. She's owned by a user named AngelWings (Not here, but on discord.) who is a close friend of mine. I struggled with this one a bit more than others because I have never drawn wings before. I also feel like the clothes need adjustments so I might mess with them later down the line.

unknown.png

LR_Splice_-_Neutral.png
LR_Splice_-_Neutral_0001.png

I also updated Splice's colors a tad, to accommodate for the actual updates he got to his art.

As much as I'm trying to pull myself out of this funk, life's been hitting a little too hard lately. Still, I only have one character left I want to make before I go back to working on Smash. I'll update the first post with Cy's concept soon, as well.

EDIT 12/31/2022
Happy New Year! I'm not dead. On the contrary, my situation is clearing up so I'm trying to officially pull myself out of hiatus. Actually I've BEEN trying, but simply looking at where I left off is making my brain freeze, let alone trying to pick it back up. So I've decided to take a different approach and begin spriting another character for now. A fresh start for the new year, you could say. I should be posting progress soon. I could now even, but I'd rather wait until I have enough worth bumping this thread for.

EDIT 5/14/2023
I realized that I never actually posted the updates I said I would over here. It's not a whole lot, but I made some adjustments to Splice and Gizmo.
unknown.png

For Splice I changed the shape of his face a bit to be more accurate to his artwork.

unknown.png
image.png

And as for Gizmo, I had to adjust the size of his head at least 3 times because of how obscenely wide it was. I also made some extra frames for his goggles, which in hindsight would be much better off as layered sprites.

Smash_and_Co_Line-up.png

And with that here is the updated lineup of every character so far.

Now for the real reason I haven't been posting: I actually have a fair few more projects on my plate than just this, and I'm putting more attention into those than SRB2. It's actually really important to me that I really double down on my main stuff now more than ever, so it'll be a while before I come back to this. But given the nature of my sprites, I'm hoping that what I do there will give me a significant boost here because it involves all of these characters and more.

Last edited:
Well, I nearly forgot about this a while now, but I'm just gonna say this right now: I'm hoping you're doing well with your other projects, and as long as you're doing alright, don't try to overburn yourself about the many characters you sprited, which is A LOT as I can see right now. You definitely needed the break from this.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back