• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Smash's gang (Spriting characters)

I really like these sprites and stuff but on the descriptions of Violet and Gizmo it states that they haven't been ported from earlier versions of srb2 so where can I find the original mods?

As stated before,

I never released the 2.1 version of Violet--or Smash or any character I'd been working on before then because I didn't finish the sprites. And even if I did, Violet was an ugly sprite edit of the very first Amy wad to date (to my knowledge at least.) And because of the quality of the sprites I was editing off of, that made it more trouble than it was really worth. Also she only had the vanilla swim ability back then anyway.

By all technicalities they were working wad files but that’s about all I can say about them. Violet was the closest one to being finished back then and I’ve practically passed that milestone with the current Smash sprites. And Gizmo was barely more than a giant head because I didn’t know what I was doing.

EDIT 4/11: I'm not gonna bother making a new post just to say that i haven't made much of any progress at all. I haven't had much time to spend on this project for the past few months, or much of any time to myself at all in these past few weeks. It's been rough, but I have no intentions of canceling this.

EDIT 7/9: May start posting updates again soon. Like probably around August.

Last edited:
Don't get your hopes too far up. Though I'm planning to get back to work as early as next week , any actual progress reports will most definitely come later. I've got a lot of things piled up due to my hiatus. It'll take time to catch up.

Looks like the hiatus has taken up allot of things in this mod. I'm afraid motivation must've been lost, and I'm not sure if the mod has been put to cancellation. It looks like it's finally time to give the hopes up.

It's not the motivation that's the problem. There's a lot going on in my life that required that I extend the hiatus until at -least- next year. Trust me, I'm sad about not being able to put out any work into this or any of my other personal projects. But at the very least, I haven't given up hope. I also just don't wanna fill this thread with apologies for not doing work. That's not the point of this thread.

It's not the motivation that's the problem. There's a lot going on in my life that required that I extend the hiatus until at -least- next year. Trust me, I'm sad about not being able to put out any work into this or any of my other personal projects. But at the very least, I haven't given up hope. I also just don't wanna fill this thread with apologies for not doing work. That's not the point of this thread.
No, I should apologize actually. Just hopr that you're resting well.

The worst thing about being on hiatus for so long is trying to come back from it. Good lord, picking up where you left off over a year ago is way harder than it sounds. I didn't accomplish much more than a few limb rigs in an attempt to start the next rotation for the walking animation.
And technically I'm still on hiatus because of work related reasons. Although my availability is more forgiving than it once was, I'm still not afforded the time or energy to truly get back to doing the things i want. But I'm tired of waiting on all that so I'm going to try and ease my way back into the groove of things. And following a friend's advice, I decided to focus on smaller projects unrelated to my mainstream goals. And so far it seems to be working. I haven't felt this satisfied with myself in a long while.

tl;dr, trying to build up my motivation and ease back into spriting, may not post as often as i'd like. Also no Smash updates this post.

Smash_and_Co_Line-up.png

So what I wound up doing is spriting more characters. I figured I might as well bring my entire cast in. I can't say whether or not I'll actually make full fledged character mods of them all, but I do plan on writing up movesets for each one. I'll be updating the first post with each character before long.

Smash_and_Co_Line-up.png

So what I wound up doing is spriting more characters. I figured I might as well bring my entire cast in. I can't say whether or not I'll actually make full fledged character mods of them all, but I do plan on writing up movesets for each one. I'll be updating the first post with each character before long.
Holee Weasus, that's allot of characters... hope that the project goes smoothly, and that you shall make a safe and sound return from progress purgatory after long.

Progress purgatory is pretty accurate, yeah.

Thanks again for your support! I'll continue to try and climb out of this slump little by little.

I added them to the first post but i have to rewrite the bios and everything because i dun goofed, but for convenience sake, The new additions to the old line-up are, from left to right: Kitty the Cat Chao (with Hero, Neutral and Dark forms,) Pearl The Echidna, Speedy the Hedgehog, and Tab the Cat. The latter two are characters I've adopted from two of my siblings, so their designs aren't wholly mine.

I added them to the first post but i have to rewrite the bios and everything because i dun goofed, but for convenience sake, The new additions to the old line-up are, from left to right: Kitty the Cat Chao (with Hero, Neutral and Dark forms,) Pearl The Echidna, Speedy the Hedgehog, and Tab the Cat. The latter two are characters I've adopted from two of my siblings, so their designs aren't wholly mine.
Hope that all the characters don't seem as hard to sprite them as hard as it is to code their abilities.

However difficult or time consuming it is, I hope believe that in the end it'll all be worth it. For now I'll simply focus on what I know best--spriting, and save the coding for last.

Also here's a preview of the next character.
unknown.png

I'll reveal the name upon completion.

I have one who offered to help so long as I show enough progress with the sprites. I don't believe I'm there yet, so I'm not going to ask for any extra help until I've put in the work.

y'know, i feel like your sprites could use a bit more shading
besides that, they're honestly pretty good

Now, I'm gonna say some quotes:
"Patience makes perfect" -Literally Me
"A delayed game is always good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back