Simple Custom Menu

Simple Custom Menu 1.6.2

Felix44 updated Simple Custom Menu with a new update entry:

1.2 (Added multi-option settings)

+ Added the maxvalue parameter (max value for this parameter is 10), for settings which value is not a boolean-type (boolean-type meaning that the value can range only from 0 to 1), if this parameter is omitted it will default to 2 (a boolean-type value)
+ Added the option paramter, this parameter has to be a table that contains a string for each possible value the setting can be, if omitted it will default to OFF/ON (for a boolean-type value)

Read the rest of this update entry...

1.4 (improved I/O)

* Rewrote the way I/O works, allowing a setting's value and maxvalue to be as big as you want
- Removed maxvalue's limit(10) since I/O can now write and read much bigger numbers

Post automatically merged:

I already have a sweet idea of how to use this
if you started your idea arleady I suggest you bring it to the newer version of the menu, as its much improved and has a bunch of new stuff
(why was this post merged..? weird)

Last edited:
I may be able to help with that, what do you want the menu to do?
As to not spoil the character, it’s to simply act as a pause menu with some options. It would also freeze the character so it doesn’t mess up other players during netgames.

As to not spoil the character, it’s to simply act as a pause menu with some options. It would also freeze the character so it doesn’t mess up other players during netgames.
the menu should be perfect for the job, when activated the player can't move and can't be damaged, and it can obviously have some options in it

the menu should be perfect for the job, when activated the player can't move and can't be damaged, and it can obviously have some options in it
So, if you’re in mid air, it’ll freeze up the character? There’s also the ability to change how the menu looks in regards to font and transparency, right?

So, if you’re in mid air, it’ll freeze up the character? There’s also the ability to change how the menu looks in regards to font and transparency, right?
oh, the player would..fall, but that can be easily added if you want, transparency should also work, I shall test it now

I’m going for something similar to the SM64 pause menu
why do I have a theory on what are you doing
I'll add the ability to make the player not fall when in air in 1.5, for translucency though, do you mean the menu becoming translucent with the vanilla video setting, or? I may have misunderstood that part

I had it mixed up with the castle pause screen, but something like this. I assume you could just dim the whole screen and then just make the menu invisible. I could try to do something separate for the whole screen being darkened that would activate at the same time so it doesn’t interfere with your mod
1621367067293.png

I had it mixed up with the castle pause screen, but something like this. I assume you could just dim the whole screen and then just make the menu invisible. I could try to do something separate for the whole screen being darkened that would activate at the same time so it doesn’t interfere with your mod
View attachment 44981
oh, you want to make the blue box of the menu invisible? that is very easy to do, you can just remove the v.drawFill() function in the hud drawing code

oh, you want to make the blue box of the menu invisible? that is very easy to do, you can just remove the v.drawFill() function in the hud drawing code
Ah I see what it is now. I haven’t had a chance to actually look at it yet. The only thing I’ve done since I first saw this mod was convert a movie for the theater

Ah I see what it is now. I haven’t had a chance to actually look at it yet. The only thing I’ve done since I first saw this mod was convert a movie for the theater
oh, I see, I had assumed you did look at it, if you find something confusing when you will I'll do my best to help

1.5 (Flag stuff)

+ Added "flags" parameter, which should have custom MNF_* flags, you can see what they do in the file
+ Added "vflags" parameter, this one should have V_* flags, mainly made to have color video flags
* Improved comments-guide a little bit
* When in the menu the player will lose all momentum and won't be able to move even when falling down

1.5 (Flag stuff)

+ Added "flags" parameter, which should have custom MNF_* flags, you can see what they do in the file
+ Added "vflags" parameter, this one should have V_* flags, mainly made to have color video flags
* Improved comments-guide a little bit
* When in the menu the player will lose all momentum and won't be able to move even when falling down

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back