• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

silverchars: power incarnate

another smallish update for you all to witness!

srb20138.gif

up until now, xmomentum hyper support was a little bit pretty impossible because of how hibiki's super form worked.
however, through trial, error, blood, sweat, tears, procrastination and some mental gymnastics, hibiki can now go hyper in place of his super form if xmomentum is loaded and he has more than 150 rings. there aren't any major changes to hyperbiki yet, but they'll come soon.

srb20137.gif

agidyne's become closer to being finished every day. the new fire graphic looks a lot better than the actual srb2 fire object (at least when placed next to the freak of nature that is hibiki), and i just think it fits a lot more. just a few visual effects to go until agidyne is actually literally finished!

no updates on nadiya just yet, i'll do something with her soon enough. i'm currently conceptualising her jump ability since i don't actually have one for her yet, and the sprites will follow later on.

hey all, another update! this time the focus is mainly on cleave...plus a few other things.

srb20139.gif

cleave has been buffed by a lot. and i mean that! cleave has a hitbox that extends just slightly farther than hibiki himself, meaning there's little risk of missing your hits as long as you make the effort to direct yourself correctly. also comes with a new, cool looking slash effect, giving cleave a little bit of extra spice and/or slice.

now it's time we put a focus on: hyperbiki!

srb20147.gif

if you didn't know already, super hibiki allows for you to use agidyne infinitely, as well as eliminating the charge period, and constantly speed up as you keep dashing forward with cleave.

hyper hibiki, however, bring even bigger buffs to the table. let me talk you through them.

Maragidyne: Agidyne's slightly* [citation needed] buffed counterpart doesn't just bring visual effects, it also brings massive damage! Each explosion will kill any enemy foolish enough to stand nearby.

Brave Blade: Cleave evolves into Brave Blade with the power of the Super Emeralds! Using Brave Blade gives you a massive hitbox and no way to not kill any enemy that passes you by, as well as constantly speeding up with your momentum!

srb20160.gif

finally i've posted something interesting

nadiya actually has a concrete moveset now, thanks to several ideas from the SRB2 OS Discord.

kougaon, her jump ability, sends her flying upward for a short period of time. straightforward enough, and it even varies in height depending on how long or briefly you hold the jump button.

vile assault, her mid-air spin move, has received upgrades. like usual, it sends you hurtling downwards towards the ground, but not only does it cause a damaging shockwave, it also cuts your speed for that little bit of extra precision while platforming. as a small counter-balance, though, there is a small period of time where you cannot jump directly after vile assault, so keep that in mind.

hey everyone, it's been a while since i've updated silverchars, but that's mooooostly because i've been focusing on other things. now that i'm on a two week break from school, i can finally work on these guys again. most things i've been doing have been more related to bugfixing than anything else, but i did want to make sure i included something pretty stupid, but also pretty fun!

srb20196.gif

lemme paint you a picture here; let's say you're a pyrokinetic, and you're in an environment where you are constantly at risk of death, like, say, a frozen hillside. if this hypothetical situation were to be true, you'd probably have your rings negated immediately, and you'd be unable to use any kind of fire-attacks. ouch!

frozen hillside becomes a psuedo-challenge stage for hibiki. he can't use agidyne, nor can he collect rings. all you have left at your disposal are your knife, hope, and the constant looming fear of a penguin-related death. have fun!

hey everyone, it's been a while since i've updated silverchars, but that's mooooostly because i've been focusing on other things. now that i'm on a two week break from school, i can finally work on these guys again. most things i've been doing have been more related to bugfixing than anything else, but i did want to make sure i included something pretty stupid, but also pretty fun!

srb20196.gif

lemme paint you a picture here; let's say you're a pyrokinetic, and you're in an environment where you are constantly at risk of death, like, say, a frozen hillside. if this hypothetical situation were to be true, you'd probably have your rings negated immediately, and you'd be unable to use any kind of fire-attacks. ouch!

frozen hillside becomes a psuedo-challenge stage for hibiki. he can't use agidyne, nor can he collect rings. all you have left at your disposal are your knife, hope, and the constant looming fear of a penguin-related death. have fun!
He be walking backwards

srb20196.gif

Can their be a console command to disable that feature, cause... if there isn't, that would be torture.

hey hey everybody it's time for what they call an "update", no idea what it is so let's get going

most things i've been doing have pretty much just been graphical. hibiki is fundamentally finished and he'd be in submissions if not for his absence of graphics and good scripting.

- hibiki's CSS art is finished off! it went through a couple of drafts, but i finally settled on this pose, illustrating both his knife and hand on fire. pretty neat!
hibiki_css.png

- several sprites have either been touched up, reposed or just cleaned in general.
unknown.png

unknown.png

- not to mention, he has a few new sprites too! not only the above NFLY sprites, but...

- a rough walk cycle for the X5 rotation (pictured), and one for the X3 rotation (not pictured)
srb20219.gif

- new signpost! the old one was pretty awkward and rough, and wasn't a great representation of hibiki as a character. this new one completely resolves that issue and is just generally a lot better looooool
unknown.png

- starting off the WAIT animation, with some badass fire charging.
unknown.png

- an emote for the PSO2 symbol arts mod! this one goes by the name "Pure Terror".
unknown.png

- a resprite...? nope, just a theoretical one. i've made too many sprites of hibiki to resprite him already, but maybe it'll happen in the future when 2.3 comes out and i'm morally obligated to do it.
EyoWksIWEAICLqF.png%3Alarge

and that's everything so far! apart from one piece of news. if you hadn't noticed, i haven't been focusing on nadiya. partly because she doesn't have as interesting of a moveset as hibiki, but mostly because i haven't really done much with her visually! i've decided to put nadiya on hold until at the very least i've released hibiki, not to mention other secret projects i have in the works. she'll happen, just not right now.

(god i still have half of these animations left to do god dammiiit)

I fucking love so much all of these sprites.

That CSS Art looks amazing.
Those fixes to some sprites are wondeful.
I love those night sprites, small hibiki lol
Oh really nice, i love how those walk sprites looks.
Jesus, that Signpost looks fantastic.
nice, badass fire.
yes.
For me they look fine already, but a resprite would be cool. (lol 2.3)

neither void nor hellscape can accurately describe the incarnate realm. it has an...eerie beauty to it, but what matters to hibiki is that every square inch is a deathtrap.
though, what is meant to be a void filled with nothing but destruction has a...castle. how peculiar.
srb20054.gif

srb20079.png

wow i haven't posted here in ages huh

hi!!!! i wanted to update you guys on the mod; it isn't, it has been cancelled for like five months lol
it was a long time coming, to be fair, because by the time i realised i didn't really want to work on it i had already redesigned hibiki twice (visual update and a complete design and story overhaul), so it probably wouldn't have been the greatest idea to use a design that was already EXTREMELY deprecated

that being said i will probably release this version of hibiki sometime, but not for a long, long while for one simple reason:

20220305_075719.png

i'll see you guys >:)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back