Shadow Spin-off Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's more than just "files" inside a cartidge. There's also the battery backup for saving progress and any special chips that the game utilizes. Sonic 3 for example needed 3 special chipsets for the special graphics effects. And I'm sure you've heard of the Super FX chip before.

Ritz said:
Has no one noticed the pic I posted earlier?
I swear, true comedic gold is never appreciated.
I had already laughed for hours when it was posted on #srb2 Esper. If it wasn't absolutely true, I'd laugh even more.

Update : The game's release date is November 15. It's rated E for 10 and up. I've seen the trailers, and it seems like you can kill a person or 2. I don't think that E is really appropriate.

http://google.com. I honestly forgot where I heard it, but I know I checked several sources and they reputed the same.

I do know that I checked the Shadow website a while back and it was rated 'Teen', though. That I know for sure. I just can't confirm for SURE wether Sega paid them to make it E10+ or not.

Mystic said:
And you thought SEGA couldn't sink any lower...

http://www.1up.com/do/download?cId=3138745

Shadow...with a gun. Apparently SEGA has figured out that Sonic isn't cool anymore and they need some cartoon violence to sell games at this point.

Of course, I finally gave up with SEGA on Heroes, so I couldn't care less. SRB2 is more than anything that those idiots at SEGA make anymore.
Mystic, stop posting old news, I already knew about this shadow game for like a few monhs.

Obviously someone doesn't know how to check the date of when posts were made.

Brian, he made that post back in March. It was new back then.

brianv said:
Mystic said:
And you thought SEGA couldn't sink any lower...

http://www.1up.com/do/download?cId=3138745

Shadow...with a gun. Apparently SEGA has figured out that Sonic isn't cool anymore and they need some cartoon violence to sell games at this point.

Of course, I finally gave up with SEGA on Heroes, so I couldn't care less. SRB2 is more than anything that those idiots at SEGA make anymore.
Mystic, stop posting old news, I already knew about this shadow game for like a few monhs.

And Mystic posted that a few "monhs" ago, as well.

You revived an old topic just to explain about a rating? Fine, here it is:

ESRB had invented a new rating call E10+ (Everyone only for ages 10 or older). Reason why Shadow the Hedgehog had been changed from T to E10+ was because SEGA and Sonic are trying to maintain its gameplay illegibility for kids to play, so probably Sonic Team may not show or hold in the main content for childish play until further notice.

How do you think Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition got an E10+?

Sega says that it's E10+, but ESRB officially rated it T. That's the true, as far as I know. It's officialy T, not E10+.

Personally I think they're seeing a problem with the E10 thing, but choosing the wrong solution. We don't need a PG rating. We need the line between E and T to be more clearly drawn. SSBM is an E rated game. It should always have been. Not E10, E. A little consistancy would have gone a long way towards helping make the rating system less stupid.

Anyhow, the reason we're getting the E10 rating is to basically give us a "PG" rating to go with our "PG-13" rating, T. If only they could just license the same ratings that the MPAA has so we can just use something all parents should already know.

The side effect of this is that now the only games that will get E will be "Fun Time With Letters" and other similar fare, like how the only movies that get "G" are things like "Teletubbies: The Movie".

Erm? I'm pretty sure my friend's copy of SSB:M is T O_o;.

It's hard to recognize you without your avatar, Mystic. :P

SSBM is in fact, rated Teen.

http://www.esrb.com/esrbratings_browseresults.asp?view=&whichpage=65&type=game&group=19&pagesize=20

Be careful what you say Mystic. ;P

EDIT: I can't believe I just noticed this but, Sonic Team and SEGA are afraid of the T rating and showed it with the E10+ rating, yet, of all developers, Nintendo is gracefully willing to accept T and even M rated games. (Proof lies within SSBM and Eternal Darkness, both Nintendo games) If SEGA weren't already out of the hardware buisness, this move would likely do it for them. :P

I know it's T rated. My point is that it should have been rated E. There is nothing in SSBM that even remotely warrants a T rating. I assume that's what this new "E10" rating is for, games that are in between E and T.

I just don't understand how cartoon violence of that nature possibly warrants a PG-13, period.

Yeah, I know my avatar is down. So is the entirety of my webspace until I get it back up and running again. I can see my avatar because it's in my cache, though ^_~

Mystic said:
I know it's T rated. My point is that it should have been rated E. There is nothing in SSBM that even remotely warrants a T rating. I assume that's what this new "E10" rating is for, games that are in between E and T.

If that's true, then wouldn't have Nintendo somewhat fought for an E rating? The ESRB gave the game a T rating and Nintendo graciously accepted it like a proud company. Judging from how things went, I doubt the T rating affected any sales. So, what I'm wondering is, why did Sonic Team and SEGA fight for an E rating when it is more convictable of a T rating than SSBM is?They're either afraid or they have very little confidence in their own game, which shows just how bad it may be. :P Just like the edit in my previous post says, if they weren't already out of the hardware buisness, this kind of move repeated would bring them down.

Actually, now that I think about it, this could tie in with the fact that SEGA recently replaced all of the Sonic voice actors with 4Kids dirt.

OMFG SEGA SI 4 CHILDR3N LOL D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back