A_3TO_GAS_MAN*(RUS)*

Very likes Tea, Video Games, and I guess Robots.
For me it Like on a joke
But Sega bought Rovio for $775 million.
And I remember there was also a Sonic update in Angry Birds Epic.
According to the bbc.

Sega is seeking to tap into Rovio's expertise in mobile gaming

And something after their Angry Birds 2 I don't have a good feeling...

How do you like this news?

That's obviously bad for me, because that means the local institution that teaches game industry-related stuff is going to start blabberiing about mobile games & monetization even more than they did before, something I don't give a flip about.

Other than that, it's yet another classic case of finnish companies being sold to multinational corporations.

From the interview by Sega's CEO, its most likely that we are going to get more Sega Forever games. Rovio is mostly a mobile game company,with few exceptions (Angry Birds Trilogy on PS3,Wii,WiiU and Xbox),and Sega wants to expand their mobile gaming market. They have a good library of games,so adding more Genesis games would be nice. Heck,maybe even add games from all of the other Sega consoles to make it a cherry on the top.

However,i am concerned for Sonic mobile games. These are endless runners and ports of S1 - SCD,which are all fine,but its not good from Rovio's persepctive. Angry Birds mobile games consist of many rip off games (Angry Birds Pop!, Angry Birds Blast etc.), games that were deleten because Rovio doesnt care about them anymore,and an excuse to pay a dollar for the same port of the game that was deleted and was FREE. Since Rovio is Sega's property now,they might make rip-off game tradition with Sonic aswell.

Crossovers are also something that im a bit concerned about. The first collab was when Angry Birds Epic didnt got deleted,and used the ABToons style. However,since they use the Movie style now,would that be off-countinuity? Sonic doesnt know how can the ones in Epic somehow turn into the ones from the Movie just 9 years after the collab.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back