• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

!!!'s World of Chaos

So far, how do you like !!!'s World of Chaos??? (Poll will last for 14 days. Vote quickly!)

• It's great!!! I can't wait for the final release!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's fine. You still need to work on things to make it better.

• It's horrible. You are not a good 3D level designer.

• It doesn't really matter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, here we go.
1. Make the sector you want to be your door. Give it the same floor height as the celing height.
2. Create the sector you want to be the switch, do whatever you want with it. Give it the sector type: "Linedef executer (floor touch)" or "Linedef executer (no floor touch)"
3. Create one control sector, this is all you will need.
4. Set the proporties of one linedef in that sector to "trigger linedef exectuer (once)" Tag it the same tag as the button sector.
5. Set the proporties of another linedef in the control sector. Set it to "set floor height". Give it the same tag as the door sector.
6. Set the proporties of the control sector. Set the floor height to whatever you want the door to be at once it's opened.
7. Test the map, it should work. If not read through the guide a few more times to make sure you didn't mess up.

Never mind...

Never mind about that. I know how to make a door now!!! IT's very easy now! The level layout is not as dumb as the first one. Sorry, the first layout was soooooo dumb I kind of thought noone would like it. There were too many thin stair sectors, it takes too long to get to the top! The layout now is even better. There are different rooms in chronological order and in order to get to the next room, you need to find a hidden switch or to break a hidden wall.

No links or screenshots yet... (not done with complete textures yet.)

Any ideas about this level? Thoughts?

Re: Never mind...

!!! said:
Never mind about that. I know how to make a door now!!! IT's very easy now! The level layout is not as dumb as the first one. Sorry, the first layout was soooooo dumb I kind of thought noone would like it. There were too many thin stair sectors, it takes too long to get to the top! The layout now is even better. There are different rooms in chronological order and in order to get to the next room, you need to find a hidden switch or to break a hidden wall.

No links or screenshots yet... (not done with complete textures yet.)

Any ideas about this level? Thoughts?

Buttons? BAD!!!!!!

In response to that topic. I say you people are way to obsessed over keeping with the classics. On the actuall subject, though I can't give too much feedback, I rather like the idea of a puzzle level like that. I'm just annoyed that no one else does.

I like the idea of a half-puzzle, half-action game. I can tell it won't be race compatible, but as long as it comes out fun, I'm okay with it.

The classics had puzzles as well. The problem isn't the puzzles and the switches, it's the overuse of them, and frequently in a "hunt the switch" game type. Puzzles imply the usage of your brain. Castle Eggman isn't a puzzle as much of a "Scour the stage for the damn buttons and then exit". If you miss a button, you're going to run around lost until you find it, and that's not fun at all. I mean, after all, I did a button stage in Mystic Realm. It's called Aerial Garden 3, and you'll notice that I used teleporters to make sure the player wouldn't be confused and lost trying to find where the buttons are. I also made Labyrinth Woods, which remains one of the most popular maps despite having a layout associated less with Sonic and more with Saria's Song.

Puzzles are fine. Button hunting is not. I hated Knuckles stages in SA1/2, and I don't wanna play them in SRB2.

Well, you're right there Mystic. Labrinth woods was fun because of how you had to find some sort of clue in every step.
Try not to make it so much a hunt as a puzzle. Give some sort of clue as to where the button is.

Mystic said:
I also made Labyrinth Woods, which remains one of the most popular maps despite having a layout associated less with Sonic and more with Saria's Song.

Hahah, Lost Woods was a tough one.

The First Public Release...

Ok. I'm almost done with the first zone, The Gate. The first release may be tomorrow. How do I post a link so people could download it?
The small river is made. No Screenshots......................................How do you post a screenshot?
Added more scenery and enemies. (Differ in difficulty level!)

Because he disabled BBCode in that post so you could see the code. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to see the code for it, obviously.

www.thisisforlinks.com
mypicture.png

And yes, I disabled BBCode for this post. When you type the code in, as long as the URL is valid, it will turn into a link or image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back