Ryder The Falcon - The Rock-Solid Dark Destroyer

Ryder The Falcon - The Rock-Solid Dark Destroyer 1.0.3

TrickyTex

Community croc enthusiast.
TrickyTex submitted a new resource:

Ryder The Falcon - The Rock-Solid Dark Destroyer - The Rock-Solid Dark Destroyer himself. Time to Rough things up.

Ryder The Falcon - The Rock-Solid Dark Destroyer!
View attachment 59455
Ryder is a Dark Gaia-corrupted heavyweight wrestling champion from the mean streets of Westopolis, ready to dig and battle robots for you. With the power of splats and papersprites, Ryder has full 3D abilities that are sure to be fun to tear through Zones with!

PASSIVES[ATTACH type="full"...​

Read more about this resource...

Damn he's a pretty cute fella :flooshed:
I gotta say, it's really nice to see some heavyweights added to the OC Character list, as well as some ground elementalists to go with it! This beeg boi really adds a new level of play that sacrifices your usual main methods of speed (like spindashing and thokking) for strength and mobility - very unique and an absolute blast to play with!

bug: you can semi-often clip into monitors after using abilities (i was clipping into the 1up monitor before this), which can cause some issues. not sure why it happens

very cool character though; makes me wish there were stronger foes in the game/more breakables. the heavy gravity feels surprisingly natural

finally kragg in srb2 (anyway havent played this character yet but seems fun i feel like we need more heavy characters)

I still can't believe we've finally reached release after like... over half a year of dev hell. Massive thank yous go to everyone who helped out or contributed during development.
I'm not Tex, but seeing everyone get their hands on the mod and enjoying it makes me incredibly happy.
RyderReleasePromo.png

bug: you can semi-often clip into monitors after using abilities (i was clipping into the 1up monitor before this), which can cause some issues. not sure why it happens

very cool character though; makes me wish there were stronger foes in the game/more breakables. the heavy gravity feels surprisingly natural
That's a bug with SRB2's collision, not Ryder himself, he's too large and falls too fast for the messy collisions to keep up and he just clips.

How is Rhyder supposed get the final Chaos Emerald in Single Player? Him body too big ta fit in the tube all the way through... 🥺

I love this character.

And I mean "love" like I mean it, because he's adorably heavyweight, and I'm in love with him!

Last edited:
He's super fun! I really like to imagine Ryder as the definitive "heavyweight" class of character: utilizing their size and strength to their advantage while still being fast and having plenty of mobility options. The only downside that I can really see is soft locks from the lack of spinning on rare occasions (I know that one was just fixed with ERZ1) but aside from that there aren't many downsides to playing him and I quite enjoy that. Maybe to balance him out a bit, perhaps he can be a little more slippery? As in having a harder time breaking once in full speed and sliding for much longer, akin to that of Luigi in more modern Mario games
srb20060.gif

Also, playing through the ODLC pack I came across a funny bug ^
Really not sure what caused it, I was throwing rocks at enemies and it just started to happen. Needless to say it made throwing the rocks a bit easier for me lmao

Nope, not using that right now

All I was doing was throwing some blocks at enemies (mostly attempting to get jump shots) and I found out I was able to slide along the ground
Yeah, for whatever reason Invasion seems to break his rocktoss movement. We're... not sure why yet.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back