Ruber Pack

Ruber Pack b9.2

Ruberjig updated Ruber Pack with a new update entry:

Ruber Pack (b9 Update)

Happy New Year folks, it's been a while but... a massive update is here! I want to first give a big shout-out to those who have played RuberPack and Ring Racers in general, whether on your own or on stream. It's always fun to see new players experience various maps especially custom ones. Also to the Discord for testing and KKD devs for putting out what we play today.

Without further ado, here's what's new:


Overall

- With the upcoming release of Ring Racers version 2.4 and it's new...

Read the rest of this update entry...
 
downloaded the new update and fortune forge keeps crashing when I try to play it
 

Attachments

  • crashed.PNG
    crashed.PNG
    89.5 KB · Views: 103
Ruberjig updated Ruber Pack with a new update entry:

Ruber Pack (b9 Hotfix)

So much for trying to go without something exploding i cry, here's an important fix, and thankfully as far as i know this is it

Overall

- Fixed a discrepancy with a SOC file in Toxic Caves that caused warning errors when loading Miracle Cup before Wonder Cup.

Maps

Miracle Cup

Toxic Caves

- Raised the height of a Cluck after being placed too low.

Amazing Cup

Hologram Hypogeum

- Fixed the Finish Line linedef flipped the wrong way, resulting in the map being unplayable.
- The...

Read the rest of this update entry...
 
Hey there, I love this pack- I was super excited to see more Sonic Adventure courses in here!
Got super lucky finding this, like, an hour after the last update was posted.

This might be one of my favorite addon course packs I've ever played-
It has some truly unique maps, and a lot that I was wishing to see as additions to this game at some point. I actually made an actual account here in order to leave a comment thanking you... but also to mention a few things that I noticed were behaving a little odd while I was playing through the pack (most of which seem to be some quirks of adapting the courses to 2.4's checkpoints) Here's a short list:

- In Metal Harbor, fast speeds (especially on Gear 3) can occasionally cause some lag after the large u-turn, when you ramp off the boosters and get a view of the whole course. This can be pretty noticeable when you do a discharged drift boost along the u-turn!
- Toxic Caves has a checkpoint after the Scorpius that's not getting tripped when you cross it. This is causing the EXP values at the end of the race to be missing a third of their value, resulting in a significant point loss in rank in the results screen!
- Twinkle Cart either has an issue with its checkpoint EXP values not properly adding up, or there's another checkpoint being missed somewhere- a perfect round (hitting all checkpoints in position 1) is only giving me ~84 EXP by the end of the race, equivalent to a C Rank. I noticed that there's a checkpoint on top of the finish line, but it doesn't seem to get activated when you cross- if that checkpoint is supposed to be activating upon crossing the finish line, that's definitely the culprit!
- Pleasure Castle has a small issue where flying off the final ramp before the finish line can sometimes give you so much airtime that you don't trigger the line and the game breaks (and eventually sends you back before the line) which is hilarious, but obviously can cause some issues.
* I actually have a replay of me doing this on accident if you'd like more info to reproduce this.

Those are the only things I noticed while playing through these! The Miracle Cup is the only one that has issues- but is also my absolute favorite!
Thanks for this pack, and I hope my feedback is helpful!
 
Toxic Caves has a checkpoint after the Scorpius that's not getting tripped when you cross it.
I have noticed that too...
ringracers0152.gif


However, it is actually not impossible to get it to register, as I had this happen:
ringracers0156.gif

ringracers2732.png


I noticed that there's a checkpoint on top of the finish line, but it doesn't seem to get activated when you cross- if that checkpoint is supposed to be activating upon crossing the finish line, that's definitely the culprit!
Turns out that it is actually placed just before the finish line, but the game seems to prioritise finish-line crosses over crossing a checkpoint. I do believe that the checkpoint there should be removed as it is completely unnecessary.
ringracers2735.png
 
Ruberjig updated Ruber Pack with a new update entry:

Ruber Pack (9.1 Update)

Alrighty, 9.0 was pretty decent I'd say but because nothing is perfect, here's an update:

Overall

- Rearranged the internal files so that organization is easier.
- Fixed an oversight where some texture animations within files for certain maps were left out by mistake.


Wonder Cup

Boomerang Battleship
- Fixed an oversight where a Death Pit sector would cause players to go "out of bounds" if a certain wall was touched.

- Fixed a bug where a piece of a linedef in a corner of the road acts...

Read the rest of this update entry...
 
I've tried playing Hologram Hypogeum and something broke with the FOF that's preventing it from spawning and will always endup in the death pit, I think the buttons making them spawn broke with 2.4 update, there's also a few misaligned flats in the track too. playing on a vanilla build. (not sure if I got the most upto date download, I downloaded the pack from the MB within it's page today. 2nd sealed star is fun at least!)
ringracers0011.png

ringracers0010.png

Post automatically merged:

also, i'm not even sure if that capsule is reachable
ringracers0012.png
 
Online replays that take place in the following courses may desync during playback:
  • All courses in the Wonder Cup
  • All courses in the Miracle Cup (except Metal Harbor and Egg Quarters)
  • Solar Stroller
(Even if a course is mentioned here, the desync may not happen. It depends on which things get changed between online and offline, and if and when that thing gets reached by a player during the race)
Races with only bots have to be held in an Online setting with all humans as spectators.

When trying to play back an Online replay at Toxic Caves (mainly to figure out the issue with a checkpoint on the course as seen on the 5th post in this page), it desynced.

Later on, upon trying to play back an Online replay at Starfall Zone in the Starfall Pack, it desynced as well. So did it offline, saved a replay, played it back and there was no desync.

It turns out that the desync occurs because the ACS script has a network game check which always returns false during replays. There is actually one map in the base game that suffers from this issue.
 
I sometimes clip through the ground when trying to take the Wishing Wonders loop in specifically the Rev version.
Post automatically merged:

Here is a gif. I am in Gear 3 btw.
 

Attachments

  • ringracers0007.gif
    ringracers0007.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Back
Top