Roger Craig Smith appears to be moving on from voicing sonic.

People hating on Boost games solely because of Forces are just too stubborn about wanting the Adventure style back... Colours and Generations are the perfect exemple that boost is the natural evolution for Sonic in 3D. Forces suffered from several problems and the boost is not one of them.

As for story, the games should try getting grimdark, it doesn't fit Sonic that much.

No one here said that the Boost Formula was the problem in Forces. It was the fact that they didn’t improve or add to it. In fact, they took away from it by removing mechanics such as the trick system.

Anyway, we need to get back on topic because this post was about the recent announcements about the VAs and Writers leaving, not why Forces sucks

Just found out that Sega hasn’t even approached Ben about playing Sonic in the games. Unless Sega had heard Ryan’s request and accepted it, we have absolutely no idea who could play Sonic.

Jason has been awfully quiet during all of this...

Voice acting is hard, I can accept that.

But honestly I don't get why Sega wanted Sonic to talk with an actual voice...

Voice acting is hard, I can accept that.

But honestly I don't get why Sega wanted Sonic to talk with an actual voice...

Because they wanted to tell complex stories through their characters without pantomime?

And don’t say that Sega should have never given him a voice in the games when we know damn well that his two shows at the time did phenomenally well. It worked then and it definitely worked in the Adventure games

Because they wanted to tell complex stories through their characters without pantomime?

And don’t say that Sega should have never given him a voice in the games when we know damn well that his two shows at the time did phenomenally well. It worked then and it definitely worked in the Adventure games
Complex stories? For a game like Sonic? Don't make me chuckle...

Mario, Crash and even Spyro didn't try getting complex, deep nor serious stories and they were still good games.

If Sega really wanted to tell a more complex and/or serious story they should make a RPG, not a mascot platforming game...

Complex stories? For a game like Sonic? Don't make me chuckle...

Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes, Sonic 06, Sonic Unleashed, SatAM, Sonic Underground, The Sonic Movie, The Sonic OVA were all attempts at making a complex story, most of which did really well. You literally have to be blind and deaf to think that there is no complex story in any Sonic game

Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes, Sonic 06, Sonic Unleashed, SatAM, Sonic Underground, The Sonic Movie, The Sonic OVA were all attempts at making a complex story, most of which did really well. You literally have to be blind and deaf to think that there is no complex story in any Sonic game

More to the point, Sonic 1, 2, CD, and 3&K all tell an ongoing narrative that builds on itself over time, adding to the lore and continuing the story. The complexities to the lore were more subtle than in Adventure and games that came after, but it's clear that Sonic has always been very narrative driven, even when it was more secondary to the gameplay itself all the way back at the very beginning.

No single franchise is under any obligation to be like any other franchise. For someone to make the argument that other platformers don't have complex stories and therefore Sonic shouldn't either is quite laughable.

Story wasn't what was praised in Sonic games (and it shouldn't).

Also you're comparing games to TV shows and movies, it's not the same thing.

Sonic games should keep it simple (I mean look at how SRB2 is: a skippable intro that consists of Robotnik being chased by Sonic as usual, it doesn't try to have a blockbuster-like story).

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back