Roger Craig Smith appears to be moving on from voicing sonic.

Wasn't really a fan of Roger's voice of Sonic (I preffered Ryan), but I'll respect that he tried to bring life to the Blue Blur and miss him.

I prefer Jason. He has a lot more personality.
yes i'm a furry, don't ask
haha funny furry internet furryman instead of funnyman haha i have a horrible sense of humor hajsahkbsdjzvbsjdvbadvhj,as
(i'm sorry lmao)

Roger Craig Smith... For some reason, his voice was according to how "old" is Sonic, it give some feeling of "madure" to him, and i think it was perfect to a "serious" Sonic Forces.

We gonna miss him...

He was a great VA, ngl. The main problem with his version of Sonic was the script they gave him. We know he did a great job simply because he made it still sound like Sonic and his work with the Sonic Boom show.

He was my childhood’s Sonic and now that I’m moving into adulthood, I’ll get a new Sonic

Man I've seen a voiceactor change happening for Sonic 3 times now and yes I will acknowledge that he's a good voiceactor but as Chezi said "the main problem with his version of Sonic was the script they gave him." So in general SEGA/Sonic team just need to... Yeah I was about to rant off about how modern Sonic games suck in comparison to the classic Sonic games, quite surprising that they haven't decided to make an actual 2D only Sonic game with how much is Sonic fans want it.

I can't wait to see who'll voice act Sonic next though but I guess that means that whatever SEGA had planned for this year might be pushed back because of the voiceactor change.

I can't wait to see who'll voice act Sonic next though but I guess that means that whatever SEGA had planned for this year might be pushed back because of the voiceactor change.

It could be possible that Roger recorded his lines for the new Sonic game. His Twitter post may indicate that he is completely done with Sonic after this game.

Either that or his last game was Puyo Puyo Tetris 2. It would’ve been cool if he did one more game so that we don’t have to remember that the last major game he was in was Forces

For mario I think his voice actor never changed XP
I liked Roger's voice ! His voice really gave sonic a cool his style (in my opinion) but we will miss him all plus i still choked that the Japanese voice actor of sonic still the same from 1998 too for other franchise characters
The mystery WHY ROGER DID THIS AND LEFT SONIC VOICE ACTING AFTER 10 YEARS ????

For mario I think his voice actor never changed XP
I liked Roger's voice ! His voice really gave sonic a cool his style (in my opinion) but we will miss him all plus i still choked that the Japanese voice actor of sonic still the same from 1998 too for other franchise characters
The mystery WHY ROGER DID THIS AND LEFT SONIC VOICE ACTING AFTER 10 YEARS ????

In Mario’s case, he just has really iconic voice that’s difficult to replicate. Jun’ichi, Sonic’s JP VA, has probably stayed because he doesn’t do that much voice acting when compared to Roger. Roger probably figured it was time to move on because he had been voicing the character for 10 years, which is way more than the other Sonic VAs. Voice acting is his main source of income and he probably wanted to put his talents into something that he could more accurately express himself

In Mario’s case, he just has really iconic voice that’s difficult to replicate. Jun’ichi, Sonic’s JP VA, has probably stayed because he doesn’t do that much voice acting when compared to Roger. Roger probably figured it was time to move on because he had been voicing the character for 10 years, which is way more than the other Sonic VAs. Voice acting is his main source of income and he probably wanted to put his talents into something that he could more accurately express himself

Yeah Mario's always had an easily recreatable voice ever since he even got a voice but with Sonic there is CD Sonic, OVA Sonic, adventure Sonic, 06/riders Sonic, Modern Sonic and many more I can't remember/haven't heard of yet and each Sonic has a jurasticcly different voice and that's not even considering the difference between each language so the fact that Roger voiced Sonic for 10 years is seriously impressive and it makes sense why he would want to do something else because... Come on it's 10 years, he definitely would want to do something different for once.

Well I wish Roger the best of luck with whatever he does next (and I especially hope I don't regret saying this in the future)

Yeah Mario's always had an easily recreatable voice ever since he even got a voice but with Sonic there is CD Sonic, OVA Sonic, adventure Sonic, 06/riders Sonic, Modern Sonic and many more I can't remember/haven't heard of yet and each Sonic has a jurasticcly different voice and that's not even considering the difference between each language so the fact that Roger voiced Sonic for 10 years is seriously impressive and it makes sense why he would want to do something else because... Come on it's 10 years, he definitely would want to do something different for once.

Well I wish Roger the best of luck with whatever he does next (and I especially hope I don't regret saying this in the future)

I'm with you about sonic versions ! Classic sonic , boom , modern , 2000's sonic , 2006 sonic, the knight of the wind , SA1 and A2 sonic , movie sonic ....
But in my mind characters voice actor must be one not multiple people and yes I hope Roger get some luck in the future [size=-2] who know we can get a VA better than Roger :^) [/size]
And about mario yes I think he has some words to spell them ^_^
BUT THIS IS THE WORSE NEWS IN SONIC 30TH ANNIVERSARY
I heard too that there are many rumors about the writers of sonic games will left or left the writing

I mean it's been TEN YEARS, so of course the man wants to do something else, but in terms of skill he was the best Sonic, and he did sound like a cringy 90 kid too.

Although there's nothing canon about it, I always got the feeling as though each voice actor captured a slightly older Sonic than the previous. Ryan really captured the cocky, overconfident attitude of an angsty but not quite edgy 15 year old. Jason still had much of the same overconfident snark, but also conveyed a more sensitive and mature side of Sonic more indicative of being closer to 18. Roger's interpretation of the character came across as more bugs bunny-like, and felt a lot like he was in his mid-20's. His version of Sonic is bursting from the seems with a dorky, overconfident ego, complimenting how much more powerful and skilled Sonic has become through his adventures.

There's been some rumors flying around that Ben Shwartz, the voice actor/comedian that portrayed Sonic in the movie last year will be the successor to Roger. I'd take that with a giant grain of salt for now, though he does seem to be the most likely pick considering the generally positive reception to his performance in that role. I've also been hearing rumors for a while that Ryan Drummond has wanted to do the role again for a while as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if he attempted to audition as well. Until an official confirmation as to who the new voice will be comes out, all this remains speculation.

Roger's interpretation of the character came across as more bugs bunny-like, and felt a lot like he was in his mid-20's. His version of Sonic is bursting from the seems with a dorky, overconfident ego, complimenting how much more powerful and skilled Sonic has become through his adventures

The next VA will show Sonic as he’s struggling to pay his mortgage and fix his broken marriage in his mid-30’s.

I preferred Jason Griffith's Sonic voice.

He also voiced the werehog while he was sick...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back