Robotnik or Eggman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
glaber said:
I prefer this name for him: Juan Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik

I consider that his full name.
You mean:
Julian Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik-Kintobor? That sounds like his full real name from every storyline.

Well Robotnik sounds more serious, but it's hard to remember. Eggman doesn't sound much of a threat, and it's easier to remember.

TimberWolf said:
glaber said:

You mean:
Julian Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik-Kintobor? That sounds like his full real name from every storyline.
Actually because of Gerald and Maria Robotnik (And ASOSH's Mama Robotnik) I don't even consider Kintobor.

glaber said:
TimberWolf said:
glaber said:

You mean:
Actually because of Gerald and Maria Robotnik (And ASOSH's Mama Robotnik) I don't even consider Kintobor.
However, he's also known as Julian Kintobor in the Archie comic series. Not sure about Sonic the Comic in Europe though.

Please, the Eggman/Robotnik, Peach/Toadstool and Koopa/Bowser dilemmas ALL pale to the "glory" that is the Balrog/Vega/M. Bison conundrum.

And I use both Eggman names interchangeably, since that's what they are, really. That said, I use Eggman more since it pops up more lately, but never mind that; he's still Robotnik.

TimberWolf said:
glaber said:
TimberWolf said:
glaber said:

You mean:
However, he's also known as Julian Kintobor in the Archie comic series. Not sure about Sonic the Comic in Europe though.
That was the last Robotnik. The current one we have no idea about.

Shadow Hog said:
And I use both Eggman names interchangeably, since that's what they are, really. That said, I use Eggman more since it pops up more lately, but never mind that; he's still Robotnik.
What he said.

Mystic said:
Shuffle said:
They actually still call Bowser "Koopa" in Japan, I think. They pointlessly changed it over here somewhere along the line..
Yeah, he's "King Koopa" in Japan. They occasionally call him that over here, but his name is still Bowser. I wish they'd deal with it, but it's such a minor issue I guess they decided it just wasn't worth the effort.

I actually kinda like the idea of "King Bowser Koopa," so, personally, I'd stick with that. Also, he's called King Koopa in those old Super Mario shows, so, um.... yeah.

TimberWolf said:
He was going to be called Eggman in BOTH North Amerca, Europe and Japan, but legal issues prevented him from being called Eggman in North America.
Wait, what? What legal issues? Was it the Beatles' song?

Antiporcupine said:
TimberWolf said:
He was going to be called Eggman in BOTH North America, Europe and Japan, but legal issues prevented him from being called Eggman in North America.
Wait, what? What legal issues? Was it the Beatles' song?

Ah, so that's who wrote that song. My dad started singing it(or as close to singing as he can come, anyway) when he first heard the name Eggman.

Then why not Dr. Eggman, or Dr. Robotnik, it would make more sense.... kinda... not really... not at all actually... ...*thinking* :lol:

Shadow Hog said:
Please, the Eggman/Robotnik, Peach/Toadstool and Koopa/Bowser dilemmas ALL pale to the "glory" that is the Balrog/Vega/M. Bison conundrum.
Capcom does that on a regular basis, really. Rockman/Megaman, Gouki/Akuma (Nobody gives a smeg about that one, he's still awesome), anyone? Still, ironically, the English names actually seem to suit the characters in the three-way swap a lot more, methinks.

Anyways, I'll grown accustomed to the name "Eggman", having noted that it was his name in Japan when I read the Sonic CD manual. And that was a while before Sonic Adventure. I don't mind Robotnick, either. You could say I use it inter-changeably, but only when reffering to the different continuities and stuff.

Chaos said:
Eggman, because Robotnik sounds stupid.

And Eggman doesn't right?If you think about a guy called eggman you'd guess he's a loser that is trying to become popular by becoming a stupid superhero like a Ren & Stimpy character. :|

Ever heard of their nicknames because it is funny what Sonic calls them. He calls robotnik robutnik and eggman egghead. That is funny to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back