Rip srb2 mods when 2.3 comes out

Except when 2.3 comes out we're going to need someone to port ring slinger to get the match and CTF mods working again.

Implying there's going to be a replacement game mechanic for ringslinger in Match and CTF?

you know what I'm trying to say. that both game modes will work differently.

I sure am not entirely looking forwards to the possibility of having to rewrite most of my mods for 2.3.

My addons would likely have to scrap their match and CTF parts for 2.3, or they would have to all be converted to emerald hunts.

My addons would likely have to scrap their match and CTF parts for 2.3, or they would have to all be converted to emerald hunts.
honestly i wouldn't worry about ringslinger too much because chances are that it'll be modded in as soon as humanly possible since people do still enjoy the gamemode (RSNeo is proof of that)

but yes, it's a fact of life that you'll just have to tweak your mods to fit whatever changes 2.3 is making! nobody's looking forward to any of it, but it does have to be done.

At the very least I'll get a reason to update my character mod in a shorter span of time, and if 2.3 doesn't go ahead & completely change everything, it shouldn't be that difficult to get things back on track.

If the way things operate changes completely, though, I'm probably going to be screwed as I already had a decent amount of trouble trying to get LUA to do what I wanted, something that would make me count the lucky stars I didn't invest too much time into SRB2 modding. (That's before mentioning how the character mod was the first mod I've released, actively defying the advice of a certain modding thread.)

I set out to complete the project I couldn't before due to a mental health condition, and with it, the joke about making a playable version of one of the members of Metropolis' Unholy Trinity. Outside occasionally updating that, I don't really have other reasons to stick around the modding scene currently.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back