Revo controller revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omega the Hedgehog said:
I'm not sure what I think about it at this point. I just hope it is still compatible with GCN controllers :(

Yep. It's compatable with most Nintendo controllers, apparently.

For 3rd party games, there's a little shell that looks like a gamecube controler, that you can put the 'remote' into, and you can play it that way.

Personally, I find this very exciting. The possibilites are endless. For example, there is a way to implent this system with SSB games. I came up with this in five minutes:

Control stick attached to remote thingy: Can be used for movement, and for the normal other things, such as smash attacks and B attacks. (Or the shoulder buttons can be used for shield.)

A and B buttons: The norm. Except the B button is on the back of the remote. No biggie, I liked using the Z button on the N64 controler, anyway.

Gyro/whatever it is: What use? It can replace the shoulder buttons and the Z button. Light movement left and right creates shield, strong swipes makes the character dodge. In the air, movement in any direction makes an aerial dodge.

D-Pad: Taunts. Duh.

See? Just imagine the possibilites.

cronosonic said:
For 3rd party games, there's a little shell that looks like a gamecube controler, that you can put the 'remote' into, and you can play it that way.
That was a mock-up by IGN, silly. The shell exists, but it probably doesn't look like a GC controller.

Shadow Hog said:
cronosonic said:
That was a mock-up by IGN, silly.

I was gonna say that.

http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image...e-revolution-controller-20050916041026412.jpg

This makes me feel better.

But to tell you the truth, there are so many things that you can do with the Revolution controller alone, it's not even funny. The controller can detect pitch, yaw, it can focus on a point on the screen, and check its placement in the room. You can do a crazy-huge amount of stuff with something like that.

I can just imagine how awesome WarioWare: Revolution could be...
wub.gif

The Gamecube-styled attachment is an IGN mockup, not what it will actually look like. They have announced an old-style controller attachment, but that's not going to be it.

Mystic said:
The Gamecube-styled attachment is an IGN mockup, not what it will actually look like. They have announced an old-style controller attachment, but that's not going to be it.

Forgot to mention that. It is what it MAY look like, if Nintendo decides to keep the GC scheme, which they might. But anything that looks like a normal controller will doubtlessly be a relief for many gamers, and I think that's what Nintendo's planning.

Bigboi said:
The controller looks like a TV remote had sex with an IPod, and the baby came out retarded.

And like all retarded babies, they should be shot.
You have no **** clue how much I laughed at this.

Curse warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back